IGNORED

No longer for sale

walter_J64bit

I also apologise for any part I may have played in the "flame war" but I was not going to stand back and let people try to make a fool of me, insult my friends in the community, attack Albert (and AA in general) and demean the hard work made by the likes of Lars, Carl and Matthias.

I don't remember anybody over on JSII ever saying anything insulting towards Mathias. Could you please post a link to where someone insulted Mathias?

1015013[/snapback]

I never said anyone at JSII did, check the quote :roll:

Stop putting words in my mouth (its getting boring), mis-quoting me and flamming.

I was making a sincerre apology so take it for what it is and try to get on with it like the rest of us have done.

I snoozed...anyone have any copies left for sale?  :(

1016371[/snapback]

I didn't snooze, but I _was_ waiting for more reviews of the gameplay before ordering.

I have the same basic question: where (if anywhere) can it still be purchased?

-Eric

1016429[/snapback]

I HIGHLY doubt it. The few dealers I know of sold out instantly.

I dont think there is anymore...trust me when I say I am more sad

you could not get a copy than you are. It was not easy to pull it off

the market. It was my first game professionally( or I'd like to think

so anyway :P ). I really hope I can help you out in the future bud,

but until I hear from Midway... hands = tied. Sorry Eric.

:sad:

The Programer Formerly Known As Gorf.

Community or no community... it dosn't change a thing for me. I am very fond of the Atari Jaguar game console. It was the first console I seriously collected for and the most underrated console I know of (and the 3DO is not... I know now that it deserved the criticism... except that it has Wing Commander 3 which is schweet.)

I come to this site to get news on the Jag and to discuss it and the games that are available for it. How there can be such conflict in the process of discussing a GAME CONSOLE is beyond me. Except for a few bad apples (of which most come and go) I do love this community. I have never seen a group of people come together and form around a game console (passion!) in the way I have seen with the Jaguar.

I also apologise for any part I may have played in the "flame war" but I was not going to stand back and let people try to make a fool of me, insult my friends in the community, attack Albert (and AA in general) and demean the hard work made by the likes of Lars, Carl and Matthias.

I don't remember anybody over on JSII ever saying anything insulting towards Mathias. Could you please post a link to where someone insulted Mathias?

1015013[/snapback]

I never said anyone at JSII did, check the quote :roll:

Stop putting words in my mouth (its getting boring), mis-quoting me and flamming.

I was making a sincerre apology so take it for what it is and try to get on with it like the rest of us have done.

1015053[/snapback]

If you two have issues with each other, please take the argument to PM. Everyone here who reads these threads doesn't need to know about whatever issues you might have with each other. Thanks.

Well, whoever is responsible for this game being pulled, thanks alot!  :(  I was just going to order my copy this morning, bugs or no bugs.  I just learned of the existence of this game last week from these message boards, and was excited at the idea that finally... almost 25 years later, we have a home console version of Gorf that contains all 5 stages.  By the way, I already own a real Gorf arcade machine, so I have every legal right to own the rom, as well.    I wonder, if the game was pulled due to copyright issues, if it was because of the Galaxians level being included- same reason it wasn't included in the home versions back in the early 80's.

1013747[/snapback]

I played the Atari 800 version the same week I got my Jag version and it has all the levels. It's very fast and is quite a challenge. The Jaguar version starts off a little slower but of course it looks exactly like the arcade.

:thumbsup:

I snoozed...anyone have any copies left for sale?  :(

1016371[/snapback]

I didn't snooze, but I _was_ waiting for more reviews of the gameplay before ordering.

I have the same basic question: where (if anywhere) can it still be purchased?

-Eric

1016429[/snapback]

I HIGHLY doubt it. The few dealers I know of sold out instantly.

I dont think there is anymore...trust me when I say I am more sad

you could not get a copy than you are. It was not easy to pull it off

the market. It was my first game professionally( or I'd like to think

so anyway :P ). I really hope I can help you out in the future bud,

but until I hear from Midway... hands = tied. Sorry Eric.

:sad:

The Programer Formerly Known As Gorf.

1018097[/snapback]

I have a question. If you decide to re-release classic again after you do get the rest of the permissions. Is it possible to add a high score save with the memory track cartridge? Will you also remember to let those of us who were lucky to get a copy and get the bug free version with the memory save feature?

Thanks

8)

I have a question. If you decide to re-release classic again after you do get the rest of the permissions. Is it possible to add a high score save with the memory track cartridge? Will you also remember to let those of us who were lucky to get a copy and get the bug free version with the memory save feature?

Thanks

8)

1019261[/snapback]

Not only is it possible, but it already does save to the Memory Track.

Thanks

8)

1019261[/snapback]

Not only is it possible, but it already does save to the Memory Track.

1019262[/snapback]

I just read the instructions and I did not see that it supports the memory track cartridge. However, since you say it does i will give it a try.

Thanks

:thumbsup:

Sorry for the OT question, but where can I find a memory track cartridge and how much should I expect to pay for one?

1019848[/snapback]

I got one off Ebay with a copy of Highlander for $24. I think you can expect to pay about $10-$20 for one by itself though.

1019877[/snapback]

They are fairly amazing... will hold all the game information you will need.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a lucky owner of Gorf Classic, but haven't had the time to play it.  What types of bugs are we talking about?  Anything critical (it didn't sound like it)?

1024461[/snapback]

Ones that will not affect the gameplay...just very hard to get to types.

Annoying none the less.

I'm a lucky owner of Gorf Classic, but haven't had the time to play it.  What types of bugs are we talking about?  Anything critical (it didn't sound like it)?

1024461[/snapback]

Got one to,now I have to pick up a console someday to play it!

Really could'nt pass it up though,it all sounded so good :D

I've played Gorf for a few days now, and I know of the existing bugs, but I haven't encountered any of them

The only thing I've encountered is the difficulty that's killing me (or my ship that is...)

1024735[/snapback]

Dont say I did'nt warn you. :D

Gorf tells you all the time that

"You will meet a Gorfian Doom"