IGNORED

No longer for sale

walter_J64bit

Now it seems like all future 3D-stooges releases will only be offered to JS2 regulars who post alot at JS2 and who are "okay" in the eyes of the JS2-elite. I totally understand why 3d-stooges is doing this so i'm not going to bash them for it.

But since this probably will result in me not being able to buy neither Mad Bodies or Mightyfrog(since i don't post enough at JS2) i don't really have a reason to hang around anymore since those two games were the only games i was really looking forward to.

1013268[/snapback]

I doubt someone would be dumb enough to shoot themselves in the foot like that. Have you tried talking to Gorf privately to see if that really is his intention and that he's not just upset over everything? I'd be pretty depressed if I spent a ton of time creating a game then get told by some outside entity that I could no longer sell it. Give it time. I'm sure things will get better. Hang in there. ;-)

I havn't put words into anyone's mouth as if the very fact YOU allowed a thread insulting a member of your forum to go ahead isn't bad enough you encouraged, supported and agreed with the personnal and downright disgusting comments made by the the likes of T-Bird and others.

Yes you have. You said I stated Al was a Dictator, I have never said that. I'm not going to argue with you as anyone can see I've never said that and you continue to mis-state facts for reasons unknown to me. Whether I agree with what is said or not is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with you or anyone else? JSII allows anyone to say anything, that is the basis of the forums. Those that join can read the rules and see that for themselves. If they don't like it, then leave. What kind of an admin would I be if I didn't follow my own rules? You seemed to have plenty to say over there, so I'm not sure what your issue is?

You have stated several times that you have Arena Football, Tiny Toons and Robinson's Requiem (probaly others too) so where are they? Are you going to release them to the community? And don't quote "copyright" as a reason it didn't stop you releasing Fight For Life Beta.

1013193[/snapback]

Exactly what right do you have asking me why I haven't released something to the community? If it's my property I can do whatever I want with it? I'm not going to go into the details of those games, but Tiny Toons and Arena Football are demos and several Jaguar collectors have them. Why don't they release them? Hmmm....

Robinson's Requiem I no longer hold any rights to. I sold it to someone in an attempt to allow them to gain proper rights so it could be released. (again me being that person in it only for personal gain as you stated above) I also signed a contract stating I would not distribute it. Everything I've ever released I've made NOTHING on and in fact in the end I lost money on most. And you have the audacity to say I hold games for my own gain? No worries, I've made it very clear on JSII that I won't ever release anything I have again in a valiant attempt to support your theory. :roll:

I'm no longer going to respond to anything else you have to say, because everything you say is so outlandish and ridiculous it's not worth my time. If you'd like I'll happily delete your account from JSII, please just say the word. You seem very unhappy about it there so I'm not sure why you continue to go there? Why is that exactly?

Hi Al!

Now that Atariage decided to make the jag forum invisible to those who are not signed up (which is nothing that I support, but I can understand it, as a lot of people seem to read it just to be able to badmouth it on JS2), you claim that Atariage was the bad forum where you had no freedom? It’s just another way of self defense.

The forums were invisible to guests for a few days and this restriction has been lifted. Guests can now read the forums, just cannot post (which is true of all the forums here on AtariAge).

..Al

1013224[/snapback]

Great to hear that! So it's again as it always was. :)

Regards, Lars.

I havn't put words into anyone's mouth as if the very fact YOU allowed a thread insulting a member of your forum to go ahead isn't bad enough you encouraged, supported and agreed with the personnal and downright disgusting comments made by the the likes of T-Bird and others.

Yes you have. You said I stated Al was a Dictator, I have never said that. I'm not going to argue with you as anyone can see I've never said that and you continue to mis-state facts for reasons unknown to me. Whether I agree with what is said or not is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with you or anyone else? JSII allows anyone to say anything, that is the basis of the forums. Those that join can read the rules and see that for themselves. If they don't like it, then leave. What kind of an admin would I be if I didn't follow my own rules? You seemed to have plenty to say over there, so I'm not sure what your issue is?

You have stated several times that you have Arena Football, Tiny Toons and Robinson's Requiem (probaly others too) so where are they? Are you going to release them to the community? And don't quote "copyright" as a reason it didn't stop you releasing Fight For Life Beta.

1013193[/snapback]

Exactly what right do you have asking me why I haven't released something to the community? If it's my property I can do whatever I want with it? I'm not going to go into the details of those games, but Tiny Toons and Arena Football are demos and several Jaguar collectors have them. Why don't they release them? Hmmm....

Robinson's Requiem I no longer hold any rights to. I sold it to someone in an attempt to allow them to gain proper rights so it could be released. (again me being that person in it only for personal gain as you stated above) I also signed a contract stating I would not distribute it. Everything I've ever released I've made NOTHING on and in fact in the end I lost money on most. And you have the audacity to say I hold games for my own gain? No worries, I've made it very clear on JSII that I won't ever release anything I have again in a valiant attempt to support your theory. :roll:

I'm no longer going to respond to anything else you have to say, because everything you say is so outlandish and ridiculous it's not worth my time. If you'd like I'll happily delete your account from JSII, please just say the word. You seem very unhappy about it there so I'm not sure why you continue to go there? Why is that exactly?

1013276[/snapback]

Sad, Sad, Sad :?

1. Firstly you agreed with others who said Al was a dictator and agreed with plenty of the insults and personal remarks made about others which means you didn't follow your own forum rules. So what kind of admin does that make you?

2. Maybe i wouldn't have such a problem if you hadn't allowed a whole thread slagging me off to go ahead! What kind of admin does that make you?

3. Maybe because they don't run sites with the not only the ability to distribute but also don't go shouting their mouths off about it. I don't know anyone who has those games.

4. Support my theory or just carry on?

5. I go there to defend myself, which is something us AA members keep getting asked to but the minute somebody does go to JS2 to defend themselves they get insulted.

I offer my contiued support to all the many people involved in the Jag community such as Carl, Lars, Nick Harlow, Matthias, 3D Stooges and anyone alse who comes along. Its a shame there are so many people who don't and just want to pat their mates on the back and slag anyone who isn't in their "EXCLUSIVE" club.

Wow - what a mess.  I guess this is why 99.9% of my Atari time is spent on my little 8-bit machines.

Stephen Anderson

1013185[/snapback]

Well at least I am getting my order... thanx guys....

won't be ebaying them either.....

nick

16/32 systems

1013298[/snapback]

btw I forgot to say... it's a real shame that we lose another game...

nick

Hello D_D,

I agree with all you've said, you're spot on IMHO, so many feel like that...

However, hang around a little longer, good things happen as well, and the

people who thrive on chaos and conflict will never go away but many of

the ones who still play/develop for the Jaguar are still around you know!

It's just that the big mouths drown out the quiet ones but they do remain.

The news about Mad Bodies and Mighty Frog is just that kind of good news!

Matthias has projects nearing release, and Lars still has his projects going.

Regards,

JustClaws.

This isn't directed at anyone (or any single issue) in particular - but is there some sort of chemical resin or something in the Jaguar that causes the rather kookynuts "community things" I keep seeing pop up? Or perhaps it's an expansion that I never got for mine?

It's kind of wild. Certainly keeps me at the very periphery of the Jag scene. :ponder:

I'm not the least bit aggressive. All I asked for was that people be more polite and take the nastiness to PM's and I got my head bit off for it. I knew the Jag forum had a reputation of being a lion's den but I can't help saying "Aren't we all just gamers?"

Holy flippin' crap @ this thread.

You know, I'm not going to go overboard and say I'm ready to sell off my Jaguar collection or anything -- as a system and its games and/or history are not inextricably tied to the demeanor of its fans obviously -- but this feuding is really putting a damper on my excitement for the community.

3DS, good luck to getting the kinks worked out for your release. I hope luck bends your way.

This isn't directed at anyone (or any single issue) in particular - but is there some sort of chemical resin or something in the Jaguar that causes the rather kookynuts "community things" I keep seeing pop up?  Or perhaps it's an expansion that I never got for mine?

It's kind of wild.  Certainly keeps me at the very periphery of the Jag scene. :ponder:

1013387[/snapback]

Oh man i'm getin' high right now . . . . . :twisted:

Random thought...

I recently had the chance to post at JSII about the WEvsYOU attitude that was starting (in my opinion) back then, and, well, it is full-blown now :(

Remember, Jay? You also replied to that message.

Ah, maybe things get hectic by themselves, even if we try differently.

About Gorf:

It is a pity if they took their decision because of the low-level discussions I read at JSII and here. But it is a good decision itself. To have everything in the clear is always the best thing.

And I am sure IT IS in the clear. Let's just wait.

My condolensces to the following people:

- 3DStooges for having to deal with this mess. I found out the game was no longer for sale by hitting the website to find out how to place my order. Hopefully things will get worked out so you guys can bring this and the other Gorf releases to the Jag fans.

- All those like me who weren't able to order Gorf. Hopefully our patience will pay off and we'll be able to help support the 3DStooges for their future releases.

- Albert, for having to deal with the Jaguar community. At this rate I don't think anyone would blame you if you removed all references to the Jag from AA. Just keep this experience in mind if you ever get some kind of crazy notion of opening a Neo Geo forum.

I'm sorry for my part in fanning this latest conflict. I'd just like to reflect on things, since many of the relevant posts have been unwisely deleted.

Everyone was happy about the new Gorf. Then one AA member mentioned that the original ROM can be played in MAME. This was followed by at attack from the JagGorf creator, insisting that he was selling the only authorized version. I questioned this and said that from what I could tell, JagGorf is no more legal than MAME Gorf. He disagreed. It should have stopped right there. I tried to let it drop and had stopped posting in the thread altogether. But "Gorf" decided to launch personal attacks on the other site at friends of mine. He condemned Atari Age as a whole because one of its members dared to question his authority. This kept up for a week as I sat on the sidelines and ignored it. But he continued to attack and he continued to challenge me to get the story from Jamie Fenton herself.

So I did.

And it turns out that I was right all along. MAMEGorf is just as legal as JagGorf. No more, no less.

I don't give a damn what kind of insults anyone wants to sling at other sites. I don't read them. As weird as the Atari Age crowd can be, it's the best collective group of people that can be found in classic gaming. I have no interest in feuding with any of those Jaguar visitors and hope they can move on as well. I'm sorry for any annoyance which has been caused to Jamie Fenton in this whole matter.

But I'm not sorry for catching someone in a lie. The programmer not only made a claim that was untrue, but profanely attacked those who questioned him. Well, for better or for worse we have the answers now. And so the trakball spins.

Edited by NovaXpress
  • Like 1

If asking relevant questions is "fanning the flames" I'm guilty as charged too, but whenever somebody overreacts to a question it tends to make the journalist in me more curious - not less. Nixon style attacks and rebuttals only make me thing the person responding has something to hide. All Gorf had to say was "Jamie gave me a quit claim, meaning I only have the rights in so far as she has the rights, and she really doesn't but she doesn't mind my tribute either way." How simple is that? We would have all stopped asking questions and the world would have kept happily spinning along. There was no reason for it to ever get blown out of proportion or turn into an AA vs JS2 flame war. I know many fine people on both sides of the fence who I've bought Jaguar games from and traded correspondence with, and I refuse to play that game. Let's just hope that everybody learned from this what not to do when re-releasing a classic game for a modern system and move on.

I'm not the least bit aggressive.  All I asked for was that people be more polite and take the nastiness to PM's and I got my head bit off for it.  I knew the Jag forum had a reputation of being a lion's den but I can't help saying "Aren't we all just gamers?"

1013399[/snapback]

It wasn´t aimed at you btw. Merely a personal generalization.

I do agree on the fact that "people" probably shouldn´t jump to the wrong conclusions immediately when asked a question.

Looking at it from the sidelines though, there´s a very good chance somebody inadvertedly hurt his feelings, and that it spun out of control as a result of that.

Probably not the wisest of decisions either, when somebody wants to show something they´re genuinely proud of, to ask if said person is even allowed to do that.

Ah well. Both sides of the fence have a point, I´m sure. Kind of like the situation in the middle-east right now.

I'm not the least bit aggressive.  All I asked for was that people be more polite and take the nastiness to PM's and I got my head bit off for it.  I knew the Jag forum had a reputation of being a lion's den but I can't help saying "Aren't we all just gamers?"

1013399[/snapback]

It wasn´t aimed at you btw. Merely a personal generalization.

I do agree on the fact that "people" probably shouldn´t jump to the wrong conclusions immediately when asked a question.

Looking at it from the sidelines though, there´s a very good chance somebody inadvertedly hurt his feelings, and that it spun out of control as a result of that.

Probably not the wisest of decisions either, when somebody wants to show something they´re genuinely proud of, to ask if said person is even allowed to do that.

Ah well. Both sides of the fence have a point, I´m sure. Kind of like the situation in the middle-east right now.

1013679[/snapback]

Had he not flown off the handle, people wouldn't have been asking in the first place. Gorf brought this on himself by attacking anyone who responded to him including those who were trying to defend him. The really sad thing is that this whole situation was intentionally blown out of proportion by two instigators who WOULD like to see a rift created in the Jaguar community and Gorf got caught in the middle.