IGNORED

Creativision/Funvision/Wizzard/Ramses

hawk

Hi All,

I was wondering whether anyone here has developed for one of these machines. (They are all different names for the same machine).

VTech Creativision

Dick Smith Wizzard

Funvision

Hanimex Ramses

They have a 6502 processor, and a TMS9928A display processor.

I do not have a BASIC cartridge for mine, and was wondering if there was any other way of getting programs loaded off tape without BASIC.

Alteratively, does anyone have a BASIC cartridge that they could spare.

Thanks,

Hawk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the response guys. I didn't realise they were so obscure. I thought they may have been a similar platform to the Colecovision, or Intellivision. The Wizzard was they only one that I know of that was released here in Oz. The others I only came across while searching for info.

Maybe I'll try some more 6502 generic groups.

I was interested in programming for it, but if it's that obscure, I may be better sticking to the A8s and VICs.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...
Yea, took me years to track down a variant of that console for my 'i must have every format of game console made' collection. But I've never even once fired up the thing.

You don't by any chance have a BASIC cartridge for it that you don't want?

I bought one because it was my wife's first computer. But without a BASIC cartridge, all I can do is play the few games that we have on cartridge.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi All,

I was wondering whether anyone here has developed for one of these machines. (They are all different names for the same machine).

VTech Creativision

Dick Smith Wizzard

Funvision

Hanimex Ramses

They have a 6502 processor, and a TMS9928A display processor.

I do not have a BASIC cartridge for mine, and was wondering if there was any other way of getting programs loaded off tape without BASIC.

Alteratively, does anyone have a BASIC cartridge that they could spare.

Thanks,

Hawk

Cassette tape could only be used with BASIC cart.

The "electric engine" inside of the cassette player received commands directly by the BASIC ROM program. No BASIC -> the player couldn't even go in "play" mode!

I do own a creatiVision with BASIC cart, I don't own a cassette player but a good friend of mine has it, and I tested it quite often.

Originally released cassettes were recorded in STEREO mode, though the player could only read ONE CHANNEL.

So you had the player sending DATA to BASIC through a channel, and the AUDIO part in the other channel. The audio part was usually some "welcome" spoken messages, or eventually "loading music"!

Please visit my site at www.madrigaldesign.it/creativemu/ if you want to get some stuff. I'm currently making a brand new site design, and I will add more stuff very soon :-)

I'll also add my personal version of the "FunnyMu" emulator, more compatible, with better sound, configurable and compatible with an external graphics interface for Windows.

And oh, I also dumped 90% of the existing creatiVision carts in the past, and I'm gonna release ROMs along with emulator :-)

On my site you'll also find downloadable BASIC programs. I even wrote 2 programs back in 2001, using the (private, unreleased) CreatiVEmu emulator. I wrote programs with Notepad and then imported them into emulator - and all works fine! Look at the screenshots :-)

I've always wanted to get my hands on a Creativision, but almost all the variants are PAL machines. The only NTSC models were released in Japan, and good luck finding one of those...

Tempest

[edited - Japanese CV here: http://www.tv-gamekan.com/creatv.html]

Request: I'm willing to complete the "online database" of manuals for both games and hardware. If any of you has anything cV-related, please drop me a mail at lucantignano AT gmail DOT com and we'll see if your stuff is "top wanted" on my database miss-list.

Please read my post at: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101851

thanks a lot :)

Luca, Italia

Edited by MADrigal

A quick reply.

The new site is ready at www.madrigaldesign.it/creativemu/

I also released the "FunnyMu" emulator, v0.44 "unofficial by MADrigal".

The downloads page also has the BIOSes, ROMs and a very useful GUI named "CreatiVe-UI" for use with FunnyMu 0.44.

Still a few bugs to fix... next days... :)

Edited by MADrigal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

a huge update to the site today:

- a ton of new scans of manuals, boxes, pictures of console and hardware, etc

- a "creatiVision history" article, with many unreleased/exclusive images

- original promo flyer scans from 1982, 4 languages, also showing a screenshot of the obscure "Skiing" videogame!

http://www.madrigaldesign.it/creativemu/

well you can play with my build of FunnyMu emulator - get it from the "downloads" page, there are also 90% of the existing creatiVision roms :-)

Question: would you please describe exactly what you own?

boxes, hardware, manuals, overlays and especially the NATIONALITY of each item?

you're from Belgium... is your creatiVision Belgian or imported?

thanks, I am now checking your site regularly but I am not keen on emulation, I prefer the real thing

I bought it from ebay australia

the creativision is Vtech in box with styrofoam, the power supply but not instructions

sonic invader is dick smith wizzard with instruction and box

both are australian or new zealander

post-6602-1174330343_thumb.jpg

so if you can , in any way help me to find more creativision items, it will be wonderful....

lucifershalo: I'm interested in some pictures from yout stuff. On my dataabse I already have manual from the "international" creatiVision, but I need good pictures from the box, the console, power supply, etc.

would you please contact me via PM, maybe we can chat on MSN and discuss what would be useful for the database :)

thanks in advance!

PS: I'll leave to Paris on wednesday and stay there up to 26 march, so better if we chat ASAP. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks much :)

We'll soon set up a very special Christmas auction for charity. Money will go entirely to Amnesty International, and the cart will be a "1 of a kind" both for aesthetics and content, and will also include a signed postcard, specially made for this event.

More infos in the next days on www.gamesniped.com ;)

• 2 weeks later...

We'll soon set up a very special Christmas auction for charity. Money will go entirely to Amnesty International, and the cart will be a "1 of a kind" both for aesthetics and content, and will also include a signed postcard, specially made for this event.

are you the one who outbid me on vectrex debris and city bomber? or do you just keep track of cool game auctions?

are you the one who outbid me on vectrex debris and city bomber? or do you just keep track of cool game auctions?

Hi Kai,

no it's not me, I'm not buying Vectrex items at all...

Luca

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...