IGNORED

Gorf's Story

Gorf

The TRUTH why Gorf has been discontinued, REGARDLESS of what you heard otherwise is simply this. I only have ONE THIRD the permission and until I get the rest of it, it is done. Maybe I should have you all bug the peepee out of Midway and Nutting till they copitulate. IM KIDDING!!!!! PLEASE DONT DO THAT OR I'll NEVER GET THERE PERMISSION :P The fact is, according to Jamie, If Midway

cut the same deal they usually did back then with programmers, Dave Autting probably the ONLY one I need permission from but since she was not sure,

I need to be.

Look for the new title from 3D Stooges.....F.A.R.T

F ully A rmed R obo T roopers

....this is a serious working

title by the way....stay tuned.

Hello,

Great to see this news.

That's going to be SUCH a popular title. :D

I'd like a FART Gorf, I don't know if I can wait months. Hurry!

Regards,

JustClaws.

The TRUTH why Gorf has been discontinued, REGARDLESS of what you heard otherwise is simply this. I only have ONE THIRD the permission and until I get the rest of it, it is done. Maybe I should have you all bug the peepee out of Midway and Nutting till they copitulate. IM KIDDING!!!!! PLEASE DONT DO THAT OR I'll NEVER GET THERE PERMISSION :P The fact is, according to Jamie, If Midway

cut the same deal they usually did back then with programmers, Dave Autting probably the ONLY one I need permission from but since she was not sure,

I need to be.

1014080[/snapback]

You know you just HAVE TO name the End Boss FARTKNOCKER. ;)

as a limited offer (or for every copy) you should include a couple of sprouts with the game :)

1014094[/snapback]

You mean brussel? :D

1014120[/snapback]

Do brussel sprouts make you fart??

..Al

1014124[/snapback]

No no no, you have it all wrong.. Brussels sprouts are the best way to stop you farting at all.. try eating a whole bag of them. To prove it eat lots of baked beans with them too, the sprouts will kill of the fart gas in you insides... honest!

(hehe I pitty anyone within a 4 mile radius... oh crap.. is this thing still on? <CLICK>)

:D

as a limited offer (or for every copy) you should include a couple of sprouts with the game :)

1014094[/snapback]

You mean brussel? :D

1014120[/snapback]

Do brussel sprouts make you fart??

..Al

1014124[/snapback]

No no no, you have it all wrong.. Brussels sprouts are the best way to stop you farting at all.. try eating a whole bag of them. To prove it eat lots of baked beans with them too, the sprouts will kill of the fart gas in you insides... honest!

(hehe I pitty anyone within a 4 mile radius... oh crap.. is this thing still on? <CLICK>)

:D

1014132[/snapback]

You may fool others with this one but i wont be standing down wind from you!

:_(

(those are not tears from crying but from getting snoot full) :cool:

Brussels sprouts are the best way to stop you farting at all..

Wikipedia entry.

1014136[/snapback]

ROFLMAO

:)

We actually fed our dog a sprout or two ONCE.. he has since been banned from even sniffing the bloody green orbs of gassious peril!

1014147[/snapback]

Yikes! TMI! Speaking of banned... we better get back on topic. :P

"You shouldn't have fed me brussels sprouts, Johnny. My grandmother fed me brussels sprouts once... "

1014170[/snapback]

All this talk of farting is giving me gas! :D

1014180[/snapback]

Me too...oh wait. That's just the beer and broccoli I had with dinner. :P

1014193[/snapback]

Bear?...dear lord!

The TRUTH why Gorf has been discontinued, REGARDLESS of what you heard otherwise is simply this. I only have ONE THIRD the permission and until I get the rest of it, it is done.

Providing that none of the original code or graphics were used to create a clone I doubt there would be any copyright issues and while just removing any Gorf references should remove all possibilities of this I doubt that any copyright holder could claim "passing off" or loss of earnings in any event as they have never produced a version of Gorf for the Jag. Considering how small the circulation and profits available from Jag sales would be it probably would not be worth their time and effort to persue a claim in any event, however since someone has raised the issue I don't think anyone can blame you for discontinuing production until you are certain of your legal status in this regard.

To be clear I would like to state that the above is purely my opinon based on my recollection of the Berne convention on copyright (1988?) and SHOULD NOT not be used as the basis for any decisions that my have legal consequences without varifying them first.

The TRUTH why Gorf has been discontinued, REGARDLESS of what you heard otherwise is simply this. I only have ONE THIRD the permission and until I get the rest of it, it is done.

Providing that none of the original code or graphics were used to create a clone I doubt there would be any copyright issues and while just removing any Gorf references should remove all possibilities of this I doubt that any copyright holder could claim "passing off" or loss of earnings in any event as they have never produced a version of Gorf for the Jag. Considering how small the circulation and profits available from Jag sales would be it probably would not be worth their time and effort to persue a claim in any event, however since someone has raised the issue I don't think anyone can blame you for discontinuing production until you are certain of your legal status in this regard.

To be clear I would like to state that the above is purely my opinon based on my recollection of the Berne convention on copyright (1988?) and SHOULD NOT not be used as the basis for any decisions that my have legal consequences without varifying them first.

1014388[/snapback]

Given big businesses seem to think they have the right to chase anyone no matter how small the claim I doubt they would simply overlook it. Look at the RIAA and it's legal action against 12 year old children for downloading MP3's!! even tho their sales continue to rise!

copyright is necissary but I think can be taken too far at times, especially when held by large faceless corporations. Of course Midway could possibly see it that if this version isn't upto 'their' standard it could be damaging to their product, not so much sales.

It's all a pain anyway, I shall look forward to this new and never before seen game 'FART' :)

Brilliant news Gorf! Keep up the good work, really looking forward to your new game!

1014396[/snapback]

We're keeping! :D I was playing around with some new idea's today...may need to talk to Matthias about using his code for some 4 player goodness of a few different paddle games I been toying with.

Brussels sprouts are the best way to stop you farting at all..

Wikipedia entry.

1014136[/snapback]

ROFLMAO

:)

We actually fed our dog a sprout or two ONCE.. he has since been banned from even sniffing the bloody green orbs of gassious peril!

1014147[/snapback]

My parents made that mistake. The beagle cleared out a room. She even left :)