IGNORED

Game demo

s0c7

Here's a early build of something I'm working on. Basically you want to get the "desired object" on the left of the screen by flipping the 4 switches in the wall in the correct order (hit fire when next to it). If you get one wrong they all return to their original state and you have to start over. If you get all 4 right the barrier retracts and you can reach it.

Future versions will have the "antagonist" who will enter and pursue you at the 1st wrong switch (getting faster each round) and "the music". Unfortunately, with those additions the game will go from being semi-generic to very specific and I will not be able to publicly release the bin. So, I'm also looking for alternate themes for the same scenario. I had considered an astronaut trying to set a self-destruct sequence and get to an escape pod while being chased by alien, but that seems a little familiar too. Any ideas?

Edited by s0c7

I just figured out who the "pink" guy is! :D

I'm confused. Did you say you have the code-entering gameplay programmed yet? I tried pushing the fire button around each of the walls, but am not seeing any changes.

Looks good so far! :cool:

I'm confused. Did you say you have the code-entering gameplay programmed yet? I tried pushing the fire button around each of the walls, but am not seeing any changes.

1014562[/snapback]

You need to be right next to the wall and have at least 1 pixel in the vertical field of one of the 4 holes in the wall (the switches). You should hear a noise either way when you hit fire (if you are in the right place). Nothing will appear to happen if you pick wrong on the 1st try (apart from the sound).

Edited by s0c7

Ahh.... the old beta-test ploy.

I guess this is still raw enough to be ok. Dunno. Will remove upon request.

Anyway, the game is about half done.

Still to do:

Title screen

Music

Cut-scene animation

Currently have an idea that if you clear a screen without getting any of the switches out of order you will get a weapon (bananna peel) that can be dropped and cause the expected results.

Questions:

Does the "enemy" ramp up in speed too slowly?

Along those lines, is the game too easy at first?

Should you get more than one life?

Ideas for an alternate version?

Edited by s0c7