IGNORED

Another SE Michigan Get Together?

Tempest

• 2 weeks later...
FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING GOD NO MORE ANN ARBOR I'M GETTING SICK OF PETES

1022960[/snapback]

Well there isn't much else around here, that's the problem. You've got 3 real choices, Pinball Petes Ann Arbor, Pinball Petes East Lansing, and Marvin's in Farmington Hills. Unless there's some giant secret arcade I don't know about?

Tempest

FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING GOD NO MORE ANN ARBOR I'M GETTING SICK OF PETES

1022960[/snapback]

Well there isn't much else around here, that's the problem. You've got 3 real choices, Pinball Petes Ann Arbor, Pinball Petes East Lansing, and Marvin's in Farmington Hills. Unless there's some giant secret arcade I don't know about?

Tempest

1023038[/snapback]

Just once I'd prefer to have a meet at someone's place and have an awesome game night.

Just once I'd prefer to have a meet at someone's place and have an awesome game night.

1023525[/snapback]

Does anyone in MI have a good enough gameroom to do such a thing? I know my games wouldn't be enough by a long shot. But I think Pete's would still work. I am guessing it is only tiresome to people that go there all the time (uber?) But for people like me that have to drive halfway across the state, we don't get to go there very often, and meeting up with forum members is always fun no matter how many times you have been there.

1023525[/snapback]

Does anyone in MI have a good enough gameroom to do such a thing? I know my games wouldn't be enough by a long shot. But I think Pete's would still work. I am guessing it is only tiresome to people that go there all the time (uber?) But for people like me that have to drive halfway across the state, we don't get to go there very often, and meeting up with forum members is always fun no matter how many times you have been there.

1023725[/snapback]

Some years back me and Robo were talking about doing something at his place, since he has a game night damn near every week. His living room IS his game room. He thought it sounded good, I brought it up to people, and damn near everyone freaked out because he lives in Detroit, and I guess that 20 feet between the curb and his front door is land to get shot.

So it's not that no one has a game room, or no one has the drive for guests. It's just that no one wanted to.

Some years back me and Robo were talking about doing something at his place, since he has a game night damn near every week. His living room IS his game room. He thought it sounded good, I brought it up to people, and damn near everyone freaked out because he lives in Detroit, and I guess that 20 feet between the curb and his front door is land to get shot.

So it's not that no one has a game room, or no one has the drive for guests. It's just that no one wanted to.

1023752[/snapback]

What if the other extreme happened and you have tons of people showing up (unlikely, but possible when posting open gathering dates on the internet) I don't think people would want to even handle the crowd we had the time before last at petes. As I remember it was quite a large group of people. And I believe you would need both lots of room and lots of games, both of which petes has. (plus a parking garage) I just think it is easier to do it at a public place, but I am also willing to participate if it is in someones house.

Detroit doesn't bother me, I'm up for that.

Normally I'd offer up my place, but I'd be nervous having a large crowd of people in my house. The problem is, I have tons of game systems set up, but only two TV's and it would get crowded pretty fast. I don't have what you'd call a 'game room' or a 'rec room' which is what you really need to host something like this.

Tempest

• 2 weeks later...

My bad, I never saw this thread.

As always, I'm up for any and everything. While I dont have a problem with Pete's (Hell, I go there usually once a week) I understand Uber and others getting sick of it. I've never been to Marvin's, but I know there was a meet there before that I couldn't make it to. I also have nowhere enough games/tv's/space for something in my own home, and I wouldn't want to impose going to anyone else's place. If someone with a nice gameroom wants to invite some people in, then thats great, but until that happens I think we'll have to just stick to arcades and the such.

Well personally I'm fine with Marvin's or Petes. I don't get out to arcades much (in fact I don't think I've been to Pete's since the last get together) so it's always a treat for me.

I think there's a Dave and Busters somewhere in SE Michigan. We could always do that, but it tends to be really expensive. I'd love to do a game night at someone's place, but we really need someone with a dedicated game room. Maybe when I get the rest of my stuff unpacked this summer I can try hosting one. As is, my stuff is spread out between three different rooms (on two different floors) and most of the games are still in storage...

Tempest

Hi,

Dave & Busters is near Lakeside Mall (Hall Road and/or Van Dyke). My wife and I went to check it out once and found it too loud and they didn't have any pinball machines. They aren't as claustrophobic/cluttered as Marvin's though. I haven't been lately, but the last time we went, CaesarWorld in Clawson was a nice place.

There is also GameWorks et. al. at Great Lakes Crossing near the food court.

I was thinking last night about getting access to a community room like some apartment complexes have. I would have no problem transporting a carload of games/systems/displays if I knew there would be a minimum attendance.

It would have to be better than the first VGS that we attended. Plus, I think we were the only one's who went to the get-together that was planned at Marvin's where everyone else changed their mind at the last minute.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd go if I lived closer :sad:

1023316[/snapback]

Well it doesn't *have* to be SE michigan, we just usually say SE because that's where the bulk of people live. We could move it somewhere else if there was an appropriate place.

Tempest

I appreciate the thought, for all of us who live on the opposite side of the mitten :D

• 1 month later...
I appreciate the thought, for all of us who live on the opposite side of the mitten :D

Too bad there aren't any good arcades on this side of the state. :| The Lost City of whatever it is in Holland just has redemption machines, and lazer tag for kids. and that is all I know of, if anyone knows of any good ones over here, I would be all over them.