IGNORED

Which game is this?

Rom Hunter

It's not an unknown game.  While the title escapes me, I know this one goes by at least 3 names and hails from PAL country.

Really?

I haven't got the slightest idea what it could be.

8)

1016497[/snapback]

I have a ROM of it somewhere. It's also on that built in game system The Unknown Game is on. That's just a crappy picture.

If it was a Sancho game, there's five on the directory that don't have screenshots.

1016509[/snapback]

Which directory are we talking about? ;)

1016876[/snapback]

The AA database.

It lacks a lot of PAL screenshots.

Well, I've searched through all my obscure PAL ROMS and there's no game that looks like the screenshot above.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Me neither and I have trawelled through over a thousand roms and over a thousand titles and not come across anything that reptresents that pic you showed. Mind you I have found no reference to the other Home Vision titles you saw on that box either. By the way where was Panda based? ;)

Me neither and I have trawelled through over a thousand roms and over a thousand titles and not come across anything that reptresents that pic you showed.  Mind you I have found no reference to the other Home Vision titles you saw on that box either.  By the way where was Panda based? ;)

1016878[/snapback]

This screenshot is not from the Repro Cart box, but from a French computer game magazine, called Tilt.

I figured it was the best place to find some Home Vision ads (and it was indeed!).

Panda was a US company which hacked mostly Sancho games and released them in NTSC format.

8)

Ok so I am now confused. If it was an American company how can there be missing games for it? Wouldn't they have all been found by now? As for the French connection that was a good idea Rom. If I could speak French I could probably find out a lot more about Home Vision. I just wish someone would come forward and answer all our unspoken questions ;)

It's a hack of the game that starts with a base coming down from the top of the screen.  I wish I could remember the name, but I literally have 5000+ roms and don't feel like sifting through all of them right now.

Hm, it's not Laser Base (aka World End), Cosmic Ark, Cosmic Creeps or anyhing I can remember now.

Ok so I am now confused.  If it was an American company how can there be missing games for it?  Wouldn't they have all been found by now?

I really don't know.

As you can see, Sancho's Forest fits perfectly into Panda's 107 position:

Panda:

100 Space Canyon (Space Cavern - Apollo)

101 Tank Brigade (Phantom Tank - Bit Corporation)

102 Baseball (?)

103 Galactic Invaders (?)

104 Scuba Diver (Skindiver - Sancho)

105 Stunt Man (Nightmare - Sancho)

106 Dice Puzzle (Dice Puzzle - Sancho)

107 Conversation: The Watt Way (?)

108 Sea Hawk (Seahawk - Sancho)

109 Exocet (Exocet - Sancho)

110 Harbor Escape (River Raid - Activision)

112 Shuttle Rescue (?)

113 Midnight Rider (?)

Sancho:

TEC001 Exocet

TEC002 Seahawk

TEC003 Skindiver

TEC004 Nightmare

TEC005 Dice Puzzle

TEC006 Forest

TEC00? Words-Attack

Better discuss this in another topic.

BTW: the screenshot is not World End.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

• 4 weeks later...

Well,

After comparing it with a lot of similar looking games, I've come to the conclusion that we have another unknown Atari 2600 game here.

I dare everyone who's willing to argue this to come up with an exact match.

Save your energy, you won't find it.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter