IGNORED

Game Systems you wanted but didn't get

Gabriel

People mentioning their burning Vectrex desire has reminded me that I really, really wanted one of those as a kid too. They had them at Toys R Us, and everytime I visited that store the Vectrex would mock me, saying, "You can't have me. I'm much too badass." And I hung my head in shame, because it was right.

I think the only game I wanted was the Star Trek game. I was a HUGE Trekkie.

I'd still like one, but I'm afraid if I snagged one on Ebay the monitor would be blown or something else would be wrong with it.

I've pretty much got every system I've ever wanted. The only thing was during the 5200 vs. Colecovision days I also wanted a Colecovision. Since that time I sort of vowed never to be in that position again. So yeah, I pretty much tried to get everything that I wanted from the SMS days on down. i.e. SMS/NES, Genesis/TG16/SNES, N64/Saturn/PSX, etc.

If I don't have it.. then I probably never really had a desire to own it.

Back in the day I wanted a 32X but when I asked my dad he said that it wouldn't last and there wouldn't be very many games available by the time it was canceled by SEGA (how did he see that coming, 32X seemed so promising to me back in the day). After that I wanted a Saturn and didn't get one either. Today I have the both of them.

The only system I really wanted but didn't get was an Atari Jaguar, which I finally bought a few months ago with a nice stash of games. At the time I was into music more than video games and it was either buying a sampler or a Jaguar at full original retail price; the sampler won.

Though not a console, I wanted an Apple IIgs badly when they were first released. If I had more room in my apartment I might consider buying one still. The Amiga 1000 is another honorable mention.

Back to consoles, there are a couple I kind of want but never had a burning desire for: the TG16 and Saturn.

Genesis.

I asked for a Genesis for xmas and got a SNES instead. I was young and my older brothers told my parents to get the SNES because they said it was better. They never did like Sega, but I always wanted a Sega console. I was brought up on Nintendo thats why i'm more interested in Sega systems now (Saturn Dreamcast)

I still havent owned a Genny yet.

Well back in the day (at different points) I wanted the

following game systems but wasn't able to obtain them...

ColecoVision

Atari 7800 ProSystem

Neo:Geo AES

SuperGrafx

WonderMega

Bandai Playdia

Since the old days though I've owned all now except the

Super Grafx and finally I've got me a 7800 en route to

me within the week w. 35 games + 2 joysticks. Thus now

it's only the Super Grafx that I haven't owned, which

doesn't matter really as it had all of FOUR games ever released

for it. The WonderMega would be nice but I'm happy with just

my model 1 Mega Drive system + Mega CD setup.

:cool: