IGNORED

Items for Atari 2600 manufactured in Brazil

Sr. Ferraz

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was reading an old Brazilian videogame magazine (entitled "VideoGame") from 1991 and found 2 oddity I think some of you may like.

That was the unique mag from there featuring Atari game reviews by the time.

The first one is a game under development by "Engecomp" software (never heard about) that will feature a famous Brazilian singer Angelica.

There's no picture of the game, but was described as "memory game" (matching card game???).

It probably was never released, but it is interesting to know another brazilian game was in the works back in 90's (the other is MegaBoy).

The second surprise was an advertisement of a unknown to me "Conector Atari Console". Note Conector is the company brand, the console is just described as "Atari Compatible" console that will be released "October 1991".

Never saw this clone either. I'll post below both scans.

I did some search and found nothing relevant. There are many Engecomp's around to know which one was the aforementioned, and certanly Atari + Conector will never result in what I was looking for.

post-10940-0-39914900-1533769828.png

post-10940-0-43074300-1533769839.png

Edited by LS_Dracon

Interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

Here's the Conector list:
http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-2600-vcs-conector-ntde_publisher_103_2_G.html

Perhaps Engecomp was connected with Engesoft:
http://www.atarimania.com/pgelstsoft.awp?system=2&type=G&publisher=89&step=200

A non pirated game from Brazil is hard to believe, though.

8)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First off, amazing topic. I browsed all the pages, I doubt even brazilians know all these stuffs.

I also found here Dactar boxes from my cartridges I dont see in almost 30 years.

Just for curiosity during the '80s it was forbidden to import any eletronic device to Brazil, which impulsinated the develop of Atari and NES clones, when a official distribuitor got a license(grandiente) the market was already inflated.

Also the US NTSC Atari VCS showed black and white images on the brazilian TVs at the time, only in the mid-'90s they would support both PAL-M and NTSC on most sets.

I now place two interesting editions (special) that have many information about games and as to play they (and about manufacturers) . Almost all the games are from Atari 2600.

These editions had been "supplements" of a magazine with name "Somtres" (Somtrês). They are two editions with more than twenty years. (February, 1985 & March, 1985)

They have some old announcements of the time. (2 x Polyvox, 2 x Digivision, Microdigital, Dynacom & Honda) They are rare to find.

The list is for the name of the games.

I go to start for the first edition (games of A - H).

I wait that they like.

icon_smile.gif

Sr. Ferraz,

Which Splice Vision games are these:

Aventura

Bombardeio

Duende

Furia Espacial

They are mentioned in the review book, but I can't read it properly.

(although I think that Aventura is Raiders of the Lost Ark)

Thanks in advance.

icon_cool.gif

About the game list on these pages, theres some important info on these parts I will translate below.

warning1.jpgAlmost all game are compatible with the Atari system, with exception of three brands.

warning2.jpgApart from Atari system, there are, Intellivision, Odyssey (Phillips) and Splice Vision (Coleco).

So what I understand is that these Splice Vision's games, at least on this magazine were not Atari 2600 games, along with the ones labbed Intellivision and Odyssey.

There is, on the Web, some similar information about a company which was the first in Brazil to manufacture a compatible console to Atari 2600, and with the same hardware, the first "version" of Atari 2600 (first videogame/ console and cartridges). It was the year 1981.

The company "Bit Eletrônica" manufactured the console under the name "Top Game" and cartridges to be used in the console. The problem was that, the company, probably being afraid of legal issues and lawsuits (patent), changed the cartridge connector type (case) - it produced a cartridge connection different from the used with Atari 2600 and similar compatibles.

They were not successful because it avoided to use the cartridges with usual pattern for Atari 2600 (the joint did not allow the usage of an usual cartridge).

Another problem was that the cartridges manufactured by Bit Eletrônica were not able to be used in consoles with Atari 2600 joint pattern.

Afterwards, Bit Eletrônica launched an adapter to allow the usage of Atari 2600 standard cartridges in its console (I don't know whether it fitted or they manufactured another adapter to be used with its cartridges in consoles with Atari 2600 pattern connector, which was another problem). But it was too late - maybe, because of that delay, other consoles and cartridges compatible to Atari 2600 pattern had already been launched (~1983).

The console and cartridges manufactured by Bit Eletrônica are very rare, there are no pictures of them on the Web(so far...). As well as there is not any information or comment on the cartridges made by the same company.

My friend Marcos Felipe has got 4 cartridges manufactured by Bit Eletrônica (one of them without label), they really have got a plastic case which is very different from the Atari 2600 usual pattern (the circuit board connector is similar), they haven't got the two plastic pins which usually are next to the circuit board in the joint (fit).

One of those has got a brown plastic case and the others have got it in black, the labels are varied and perhaps from different series (years). The brown-cased one has got 2 labels, one of those was probably the pattern and the other (like a 'stamped' tag) showed the name of the game (modified when translated to Portuguese). The other cartridges have got just one label, which shows the name of the game (observe that it is written "Video Jogo TOP GAME" on two of them).

The labels are simple. I don't know the original name of the game in cartridges...

Another unveiled "mystery"...

icon_confused.gif

Here is the extremely rare Top Game by Bit Eletrônica, which is the VCS but changed the slots.

top_game.png

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hello my friends of the AtariAge.

I am a serious collector and my idea is to place here some information about the products manufactured in Brazil for Atari 2600.

I wait that all of the community also contribute with information.

Sorry, my English is not perfect. icon_woozy.gif

I go to place here information, images of scanner, photos and propagandas (announcements) of magazines of 80's (of Brazil).

Contributions are welcome.

I am not always connected in the AtariAge.

I wait that all appreciate.

I only have some things, ok?

The name of the game that I inform is the original written in the cartridge.

Some manufacturers of cartridges of Atari in Brazil existed. Many made cartridges with some names and labels. Some made with variations of labels and the plastic boxes.

They made cartridges with 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 and 32 games. Some have keys to select the games, others the game change when off/on the console (Power). Selection through the "touch" of the fingers in a small surface also exists.

icon_arrow.gif

I go to initiate with two similar items to the "Starpath Supercharger"(Stella).

The program of three in cassette tapes is different. (they are not compatible)

All function reading a cassette tape.

The Supercharger manufactured for the company "Canal 3" (Supercharger by Canal 3) has the similar plastic box to the "Starpath". The Supercharger manufactured for the company "Splice" (Comp-K7) has the different plastic box.

In the "Supercharger by Canal 3" when the console is set ON appears in the TV the same image of the "Starpath" (Rewind tape/Press play).

In the "Comp-K7" when the console is set ON appears in the TV the image of the "Comp-k7/a-1983" and some notes of music "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind".

In the "Supercharger by Canal 3" appears in TV the image "CANAL 3" in the games "Frostbite" and "Keystone Kapers".

In the "Comp-k7" it appears in TV the image "CompK7" in game "River Raid".

One interesting detail in the game "River Raid": in the image of TV does not appear FUEL, it appears COMB ("combustivel" in Portuguese).

Another one: in the indication of the fuel it does not appear (E-1/2-F), appears (V-1/2-C). In Portuguese "V" (vazio) and "C" (cheio).

The "Comp-K7" has the same label in the two sides. (it has only great label)

The box of the "Comp-K7" is not original, I made it to keep.

I made a new label for the box of the Comp-K7, now 'seem' the original (see photo).

The images of the tapes (Comp-K7) are courtesy of my friend Leandro.

I added some pictures with lots of tapes of the "Supercharger by Canal 3", three of them are from an auction.

## Splice Comp-K7 games (order by number):

* 2 in 1:

> River Raid / Boliche

> Pitfall / Megamania

* One game:

> Monkey Dong

> Homem Aranha

> Invasores

> Corre Corre

> Paraquedista

> Volei

> Defender

> Ratoeira

> Berzec

> Xadrez

> Zorf

> Tiro ao Alvo

> Panico Cosmico

> Esqui

> Enduro

> Comboio

> Hospital de Campanha

> Pega Ladrão

> Resgate Submarino

> Comilão

> Futebol

> Tenis

> Revolta no Cosmos

> Basquete

> Trom

> Flipers

> Patrulha Planetária

> Come-Doce

> Viagem Fantástica

> Grande Premio

> Boxe

> Lanche Rápido

> Sapão

> Arrancada

> Tubarão

> Oinc!

> Pescaria

> Fuga de Argos

icon_arrow.gificon_arrow.gificon_arrow.gif

*** Index (Summary) of this topic ***

* PAGE 1

- Canal 3 (Supercharger by Canal 3)

- Splice (Comp-K7)

- Tiger Vision

- Tron (part 1)

- Rentacom

- Video Jogo (gold label)

- VCS

- Atarimania

- Cart with a 'Target' figure

* PAGE 2

- Video Arte

- Dactar (one cart)

- Microdigital 'Onyx Junior' (one cart)

- Ocean Game

- Tecnogame

- Fantastic Game

- Jo Game

- Digivision

- VGS (VCS)

- JVP (one cart)

- ADS (announcements) from magazines

* PAGE 3

- ADS (announcements) from magazines

- J.F.

- Tecmagic

- Zirok

* PAGE 4

- VGS (one cart)

- Greek Games

- Ca & aC

- Cromax

- Video Tiger

- JVG Video Computer Sistem

- Star Game

- Game Action

- Data Vision

- Wingames

- Vortex Games

- Argevision

- Supergame

- Arte Vision (Video Arte, Video Arte Club)

- Joysticks

- Milmar 'Memory Game' console and instructions

* PAGE 5

- Joysticks, Paddles

- Video Game Guia magazine

- ADS (announcements)

* PAGE 6

- Videomagia

- Jogos Eletronicos

- LBZ

- POP Video

- BAC Game Programe

- Cartucho Reprogramável

- Wide Vision

- Video Game

- Special Game

- Joystik

- Dynacom MegaBoy

- Dynacom (some carts)

- ADS

- Polyvox Atari 2600 complete in box

- Polyvox Catalogue of Games

- VideoMac

- Soft Vision

- Play Video

- Conectivision

- Engesoft

- Cosmovision

- Auto Game

- Top Game

- Vídeo Game (another)

* PAGE 7

- Tron (part 2)

- Mega

- Data Company

- Game Program by Cello's

- Programa de Jogo Eletronico - VCS

- Shock Vision

- Microdigital 'Onyx Junior' console complete with box

- Imagic ('Imagic International Games' )

- Dinatronic

- Vid Game

- Video Game (another)

* PAGE 8

- JVP

- Rainbow Software

- Cartucho Programa

- Game Show

* PAGE 9

- MaxGames

- Videospot

- Demon Video

- Game Mania

- Micro Play

- Video Jogo (another)

- SN Games

- Teka Video

- Polyvox model 2600 S console

* PAGE 10

- Joysticks, Dynacom Basic Keyboard

- Digimax

- Copy Game

- ADS

- Conector (Prom, NTDE, Fantastic Game)

- Polygame

- Dinamivision

* PAGE 11

- DataSoft

- Canal 3 (Supercharger by Canal 3) - Tapes and instructions

- Gran Match

- Digitel

* PAGE 12

- Supercharger by VGS (Game Charger VGS)

- Game - TV Computer System

- Copy Game - ADS and more pictures

* PAGE 13

- Dactar images from TV (Sexta-Feira 13 = Halloween)

* PAGE 14

- ULOG

- Some images of carts: Dynacom, Argevision, Dactar, Cosmovision, Polyvox, Supergame, JVP, DataSoft, VGS, Video Jogo (gold label) & Videospot

* PAGE 15

- Some pictures of the carts CCE color label

- Multi Game 4 in 1 and images of other carts

- Supercharger by VGS (Game Charger VGS) - Instructions (tapes)

* PAGE 16

- FGE

- ActionGames

- Play Vision

- PC

- Video Game Club

- Teen

- VideoGames & Computer Entertainment

- Dactari cart image

- Robby

* PAGE 17

- Miragem

- Milmar "Dactari, Dactar and Apple Vision" (part 1)

- Video Venture

- Multicart 512 in 1

- Cosmos Video Club

* PAGE 18

- Milmar "Dactari, Dactar and Apple Vision" (part 2)

- Technotron

- J.J. Game

- 'Galaxi' Video Game

- Prom & 'Jogos Eletronicos' images

- SpaceGame

* PAGE 19

- "Lazer RDZ"

- Sportive Games

- Mac Video Game

- Video Grow

- Atari Mania

- Hobby Accessory

- War Games

- FF Games

- "Icaraí Vídeo Club"

* PAGE 20

- Genus

- Hawai Video Game

- Little Game

- ZGames

* PAGE 21

- CCE (part 1)

- Video Jogo Top Game

* PAGE 22

- Dactar console "Gincana da Nota Fiscal"

- CompuGame (basic keyboard)

- CCE (part 2)

- Dynacom (Videogame)

- Microdigital 'Onyx Junior'

- Canal 3 (Intellivision) images

- Dismac

- Cart and instructions from cart by VGS

* PAGE 23

- Fotomania

- Scans from JVP, Video Arte and Video Jogo

- Ditron Game

- Video Games

- Key Vision

- Splice Vision

- Polyvox

* PAGE 24

- Polyvox

* PAGE 25

- Polyvox

- 'Cases' for Atari 2600

* PAGE 26

- Micro Mania

- Some other carts

* PAGE 27

- Alpha Game

- Comp-K7 tapes

* PAGE 28

- Comp-K7 tapes

- 'Telegame' by Embracom

- PRIVÉ Video Game Clube

- CompuGame (picture)

- Micro Mania

* PAGE 29

- Lot of carts by Vid Game

- Console "Atari Eletronica Ltda"

* PAGE 30

- Console "Robby Game"

* PAGE 31

- Video Game GALACTICA

- Video Game SPIEL

- Ulog

- "Multi Game" (Tabra Informatica Ltda)

- ADS

- First console with name "Milmar"

- 'Ball-type handle' for joystick

- Console "Dactari" manufactured by "Sayfi Computadores"

* Page 32

- "Splice Vision" cartridges

- "Atari Eletronica" (more images)

- 'CCE'

- Ultra Vision

- 'Video Game' (other manufacturer)

- Polyvox "Megamania" instructions

- "ADVENTURE International Games"

- "Fotomania" ADS

- Bit Eletronica

Hello Sr. Ferraz, That is an AWESOME collection you have there!! I don't suppose you are selling any of your Brazilian games right now? I have found games by CCE & Polyvox on Ebay, but never of any of these games by Tiger Vision, Ultra Vision & Fotomania, which I'm looking for. Thanks a lot, Adam

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I´m at the final steps of testing and listing my entire Brazilian VCS collection. There´s probably another 40 or so recent purchases. Also I haven´t touched my CCE Thematic and CCE Supergame collections, so we can add about 100 games there, maybe 40 of them boxed.

Anyway... There´s already some 700+ games all individually photographed and sorted by manufacturer. I guess you guys might find it interesting.

Enjoy: http://www.lazzeri.online/vg/Atari_2600_BR/Atari_2600_BR.html

• Like 5

Hi there,

I´m at the final steps of testing and listing my entire Brazilian VCS collection. There´s probably another 40 or so recent purchases. Also I haven´t touched my CCE Thematic and CCE Supergame collections, so we can add about 100 games there, maybe 40 of them boxed.

Anyway... There´s already some 700+ games all individually photographed and sorted by manufacturer. I guess you guys might find it interesting.

Wow!

Very impressive, Iazzeri!

And what a great addition to this topic.

Thank you for sharing!

8)

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2019 at 8:03 AM, lazzeri said:

Hi there,

Awesome website! As someone trying to collect these in the US without breaking the bank, I am very jealous.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi there, this is my first post so I'm very new to this, just wondered if any one would be interested to see photos of the 11 CCE colour cartridges I have in my collection, 3 of them have boxes, I also have the complete collection of Tron t-handle games, what's so special about that I hear your ask... Well 16 of then come with there original boxes! I only need two more boxes to complete the set. I am an Atari 2600 collector in the UK ? If anyone is interested to see photos let me know... Just can't work out how to post them yet!

3 hours ago, Retro Robey said:

Hi there, this is my first post so I'm very new to this, just wondered if any one would be interested to see photos of the 11 CCE colour cartridges I have in my collection, 3 of them have boxes, I also have the complete collection of Tron t-handle games, what's so special about that I hear your ask... Well 16 of then come with there original boxes! I only need two more boxes to complete the set. I am an Atari 2600 collector in the UK ? If anyone is interested to see photos let me know... Just can't work out how to post them yet!

I'm interested.

PM sent.

8)

On 2/27/2019 at 10:05 PM, Sr. Ferraz said:

Dear friend Adam,

Many thanks for the fine words.

I don't have any items to sell ...

In the link below there are several items from my collection.

A great Thursday for you!

http://s382.photobucket.com/user/Sr-Ferraz/library/?sort=3&page=1

Hello Sr. Ferraz,

From reading this form you seen to be someone who knows a lot about Brazilian Atari 2600 games etc.

Have you ever seen these boxed colour CCE games? I haven't been able to find them anywhere else.

I also have squirrel boxed with instructions in fantastic condition.

Regards, Retro Robey.

20191210_105918.jpg

20191210_105833.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxsolo2000 said:

You know its funny for although I always knew these things came boxed but I was beginning to doubt myself until I saw the above.  Definitely not what I expected.  Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for your comment, when I first started to collect the Brazilian carts, I was surprised how small the boxes were compared to the main manufacturers, I will post more as I take photos ? I have got some others hangers from Brazil with the 'full size' boxes as well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Retro Robey said:

Thanks for your comment, when I first started to collect the Brazilian carts, I was surprised how small the boxes were compared to the main manufacturers, I will post more as I take photos ? I have got some others hangers from Brazil with the 'full size' boxes as well.

Yes please that would be greatly appreciated.  When I used to collect I never came across any Brazilian games with a box and most of the obscure ones I have never seen proof of them ever having a box on release so any pics would be fantastic.

20 hours ago, Foxsolo2000 said:

Yes please that would be greatly appreciated.  When I used to collect I never came across any Brazilian games with a box and most of the obscure ones I have never seen proof of them ever having a box on release so any pics would be fantastic.

Here's my collection of boxed t-handle Tron games from Brazil, only need two more for the complete set, but it's taken me years to get all these.

20190315_100309 (1).jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Retro Robey said:

Here's my collection of boxed t-handle Tron games from Brazil, only need two more for the complete set, but it's taken me years to get all these.

20190315_100309 (1).jpg

That is just beautiful. Congratulations! ?

Please keep in mind when looking for the missing ones that there is a motherf... Gentlemen making repros of those and selling them on MercadoLivre. ?