IGNORED

Super Princess Peach

Atarifever

I bought this game yesterday and it rules. Its like a cross between Mario World and Doki Doki Panic. It even reminded me or DK Country. Its an easy game if you just play it. But like the DKC games, there are 3 Toads to collect each level which makes it a bit harder and more fun. To me this is the best 2D game I've played since Mario VS DK, which I loved to death. I duno, this game at first just seemed like filler until New SMB comes out. But I think this game sets the bar a little higher and I think that New SMB had better be at least as good as this game

This game rocks. Period. I'm 26 years old. A Male. And it is everything it could be and more. And anyone who doesn't try it because it looks girly is an ass. Yeah, I said it.

It has more Mario elements than Sunshine had. And is a great holdover until NEW comes out.

Ignore IGN's assessment of anything. Comments like this really burn my arse

It's biggest problem is that the meat of the game could have been done on GBA.

.... and what? What difference does it make what platform it could have been done on? It loses respect because the controls are different than they needed to be? It's not 3D? It would have made more sense to make this game for a fading system instead of the new one? WTF? Whether or not any game meets the full potential of the hardware it's on is so completely irrelevant to me. I find it utterly ridiculous that IGN expects every game to push the system to it's absolute limits and any game that doesn't loses points. Never mind that the target audience (girls and platform junkies) couldn't care less about anything other than whether the game is fun or not.

Well, because some people want games that actually justify a new platform. They feel that when you pay $40 for a brand new game it shouldn't look like something out of the bargain bin made for the game system they upgraded from.

That said, I don't have anything against SPP. I'll probably buy it when it comes down in price from $40 to something more reasonable.

Well, because some people want games that actually justify a new platform. They feel that when you pay $40 for a brand new game it shouldn't look like something out of the bargain bin made for the game system they upgraded from.

That said, I don't have anything against SPP. I'll probably buy it when it comes down in price from $40 to something more reasonable.

Anyone who thinks that is an ass. who can't tell a good game when they see it.

Been playing this game for a while now. Easy and pretty linear at 1st. Then, some clever level design is introduced. I didn't expect the game to be so good. Its no Yoshi's Island but its still great. PLUS, all you Mario fans will love all the mario elements that are brought back into this game. Mixture of every 2D Mario game in here.

My biggest gripe: Having to use my oily thumbs to activate emotions. U could use a stylus, but a bare thumb is faster.

My biggest gripe: Having to use my oily thumbs to activate emotions. U could use a stylus, but a bare thumb is faster.

I do that all the time in Space Invaders Revolution and Nanostray. At first I thought having the stuff there was useless, as scrolling through with shoulder buttons would work too. However, I find it very convenient now and wouldn't want to go for a Gunstar Superheroesq shoulder button layout (that's so slow). I'll just have to deal with wiping the screen off every now and then.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really liking Peach too. All the little nods to past Mario games bring that nice nostalgia feel to it. Yeah, it's easy, but no less fun for it and finding those Toads on each level can get rather tricky. Great level design too and some pretty clever use of emotions which I must admit I was a tad sceptical about

I thought Toad was an individual though... When did they change that? Now it looks like he's like Yoshi. An individual sometimes, but anonymous others.

Lol figg. An individual? He has to come from some race don't u think?

Anyone else really dig the music from the "Lava levels?"

If anyone hasn't picked this up, then do so. It will nicely ease the wait for the NEW SMB. It's a nice gumbo of all marios.

Well he was always part of a race. In the past games though, they referred to them as Mushroom Retainers and my thought was that Toad was the only guy with a name that stood out from the crowd kind of thing.

Those lava levels were awesome. Good music, yes and great visuals too. So far my favourite is the Ghost House world