IGNORED

Rare Qb Special Edition Atari 2600 Homebrew!

Albert

I spy... no manual?

//goes back to check tonight in his version

Still, I expect this to go for more than I paid for mine a few years back (around $200 I think).

1019816[/snapback]

Oops, it should have a manual, not sure how I managed that one. I'll update the auction later today.

..Al

As the proud owner of QB:SE#74 I wanted to add a few things. For one I would assume that the stray PCB with the EPROM on it is the corrected rom revision? If so...then shouldn't there be some sort of tape covering that window on the EPROM?

Also...several of the QB:SE sets didn't have manuals. Mine was one of these and it came separately sometime later as I recall. I also never received the replacement labels for the replacement PCB until sometime later and they are different from the original as they have AA bagding on them instead of (That company that shall remain nameless) on them.

Also having both the original and corrected PCB might be rarer as I recall all of us with the bugged originals had to pay a bit extra to keep that one and still receive the replacement? I know that Andrew had a system wherein he wanted the owners to send back their originals and he would ship out the replacements at no extra cost, or we spent a little extra and got the replacment PCB. That cost was still basically just to cover the shipping.

Anyway, it is an excellent set and I'm pretty sure that is the manual in the last few pics. You can see the blue from it under the cart and CD source.

It kinda looks like it's there in the third pic down (under the cart and CD) but as there is no separate pic of it I wasn't sure or not.

1019985[/snapback]

That was actually a prototype manual in the box. But I printed the Qb:SE manuals for Andrew and have a few for my copies, they just weren't in the boxes and I stupidly forgot to grab one and include it in the pictures I took.

..Al

To echo what Crossbow said, yes I recall that some of the sets didn't have manuals to begin with. Just I'd expected a copy that Albert was selling to have one ;)

For the record, my boxset (#28) contains the following:

Nice wood box with signature and number

Original cart made by Hozer

Manual

Replacement shiny label (minus the Hozer face and the edition number spacing)

Replacement board

Source code CD

Source code book

My replacement labels have NO AtariAge badging on them btw.

Replacement labels?  Manual?  Mine (#38/200) came with neither, and they weren't sent as a follow-up...

1020748[/snapback]

The only people who didn't get them were those who either did not reply to my emails, or who were uncontactable due to bouncing emails. I sent email to everyone, and also posted messages on AtariAge asking people to contact me to arrange updates. Some peoples' updates *were* sent and came back to me months later as undeliverable. So if you changed your email or moved, and didn't tell me... and I subsequently couldn't contact you... I still have your update in its (unopened) returned packaging.

If you are missing something in Qb that you are *sure* you should have, please contact me and I'll do my best to fix it up.

Cheers

A

Replacement labels?  Manual?  Mine (#38/200) came with neither, and they weren't sent as a follow-up...

1020748[/snapback]

The only people who didn't get them were those who either did not reply to my emails, or who were uncontactable due to bouncing emails. I sent email to everyone, and also posted messages on AtariAge asking people to contact me to arrange updates. Some peoples' updates *were* sent and came back to me months later as undeliverable. So if you changed your email or moved, and didn't tell me... and I subsequently couldn't contact you... I still have your update in its (unopened) returned packaging.

If you are missing something in Qb that you are *sure* you should have, please contact me and I'll do my best to fix it up.

Cheers

A

1020893[/snapback]

There's a good chance that's what happened to me... I'll pm you.

What great customer service!

It kinda looks like it's there in the third pic down (under the cart and CD) but as there is no separate pic of it I wasn't sure or not.

1019985[/snapback]

That was actually a prototype manual in the box. But I printed the Qb:SE manuals for Andrew and have a few for my copies, they just weren't in the boxes and I stupidly forgot to grab one and include it in the pictures I took.

..Al

1020004[/snapback]

I have added pictures of the manual to the auction. :)

..Al