IGNORED

VintageFunWorld online store BAD!

nathanallan

I ordered some stuff from them and the items got here fine, they seem to work as advertised...

...and there was an old moldy snickers with almonds wrapper in with the packaging. Infectious materials sent through the mail to me from them! I asked them twice in email to hook me up with something nice but they never even bothered to reply.

Yes, you heard right. I got in my package a molded over candy bar wrapper that looked like it was taken from a dumpster and put in the box. The guy said it was an accident, but I'm not so sure. There were two pieces to it and they were in different places in the box. They looked like they were placed there.

So if you like getting things that make you sick in the mail like ass-nasty chocolate wrappers, order from vintage fun. You'll love it so much you'll be sick of it!

That's a good idea. I'd take a picture of it first and post it here for all future people to see.

I got an idea! Does anyone on here live near their office?!

We could send the candy bar around to everyone to take a picture with it (like the cartridge that went around the world) then the last person who lives closest to them will hand deliver it with the note you didn't order it you can restock it.

Simple: Send them the chocolate wrapper back in an envelope with a note saying "Sorry, I didn't order this. You can restock it now."

1020486[/snapback]

Edited by yuppicide

I asked them twice in email to hook me up with something nice but they never even bothered to reply.

and you wonder why he did not reply? :ponder:

forgive me but, if someone e-mailed me asking to "hook them up with something nice" i would hit the delete button also.

and going off about a candy wrapper only backs up this reason for wanting to hit the delete button! :ponder:

Rick

and going off about a candy wrapper only backs up this reason for wanting to hit the delete button!  :ponder:

1020677[/snapback]

So it's perfectly acceptable to you that your stuff be packed with someone elses dirty garbage and have no expectation that any business you deal with will act professionaly and responcibly?

Accident? :ponder: Sure, I can come up with dozens of ways a candybar wrapper could have ended up in a box and shipped. All of them end as a case of being sloppy, careless and irresponcible during packing. Unless he's running an automated system that packs boxes with no human interaction, there is little legitimate excuse for something like that happening beyond someone somewhere along the line just not paying attention or not caring.

And don't think not caring doesn't happen. I can tell you first hand experiences I've had during shipping duties where I've flat out seen people throw whatever garbage they had on them at the time into the box they were packing because they didn't want to carry it, didn't want to throw it on the floor, and didn't want to walk the 10 feet to the trash can. :roll:

How trivial it seems isn't the point. Your packages being considered someone elses trash can is. But hey, if you don't have a problem with it, then I'd like to ask you to buy something from me because I've got a fresh can of packing material to get rid of. :P

Thanks Artlover, that was why I was upset in the first place. It's not the case, but IF someone who was sensetive or allergic to mold had received this item it could have been a serious health problem for them. Nothing happened to me, and I've been told that no, I probably won't see anything come of it personally.

But I'm one of those people who really don't like to be jerked around with at all. I'll try to talk it out and negotiate but if in the end, you wanna tell me to basically go fuck myself then I'll walk away and most likely do somethign that will really hurt them. I'm not that tolerant as to be told to bend over and take it and then actually DO bend over and take whatever crap somebody wants to give me. I hope noone else is, either, cause you can walk down the street adn see who has the "screw me" sign. It's psychological. And it never stops. A good victim is a good victim is a good victim.

I'm not a good victim and never will be. I'm not out to screw anybody over but I'll be damned if I take sh*t from anybody. There's a saying. "I don't take no sh*t, don't give no sh*t, I'm not in the sh*t business." Maybe I'm a jerk. Maybe my mama taught me well.

and going off about a candy wrapper only backs up this reason for wanting to hit the delete button!   :ponder:

1020677[/snapback]

So it's perfectly acceptable to you that your stuff be packed with someone elses dirty garbage and have no expectation that any business you deal with will act professionaly and responcibly?

NO!! it's not! but "shit" does happen once in a great while! i have dealt with Chris a few times and everything has been perfect. and very friendly! the first post came off to me as "look what you did to me now send me something to make up for it" and from his last post, i sure would love to hear Chris side on this! (which i will talk to him next weekend at our NWCGE show, since he will be a repeat vendor at our show)

Rick

Thanks Rick for putting in some good words for me and letting me know about this thread.

I'd like to call this whole thing "Moldy Candybar-gate".

I'd also like to call it "Much ado about nothing".

Here is the word from the horse's mouth:

Recently I did some cleaning up and got rid of some old boxes and packing material. In order to do this, I sorted through to see what was good and bad. I did it rather quickly and at times did have wads of tissue paper that I grabbed a handfull of and initially it looked okay, not checking in each individual sheets for "garbage", because why would anyone assume that there is trash mixed in with packing material? Was it a mistake? You betchya. Why would anyone do this on purpose? Does it make any sense that someone would? Not at all. I have several trash cans I can use to dispose my garbage of thank you very much.

As for our friend here, I did email him twice about this, so him saying that I didn't get back to him is a flat out lie. The first response I said that it was obviously a mistake and apologized for the wrapper being in there with some leftover candy in it. I thought that'd be good enough. I was wrong.

He then gets back to me saying that I should send him something "nice" in return and that my apology was NOT accepted. After he writes 2 emails about this, I got back to him saying that people make mistakes, as I was sure that he does from time to time and I was sorry about it again and that since nothing was wrong with the material that he ordered, that there was nothing else I could do but send my sincere apology and try harder for this not to happen in the future. I mean, it is embarrassing is it not? I know I am.

If this is the kind of continued response that I get from my classic computer customers expecting perfection from 20+ year old material, and then acting like a 5 year old when things aren't perfect, then I just may stop supporting the selling of classic computer items at VFW and go strictly video game systems. I love my video game customers as they almost always are kind, curtious and understanding even when things aren't "perfect". I've had more problems with the classic computer people than anything else. Not saying they are all like that, because they aren't. Some are great people, I'd just hate for some bad apples to spoil the bunch is all.

I take care in wrapping items too. He can say that I did as that Atari 354 drive he received was individualy wrapped up tight in bubble wrap to protect it against banging around in shipping from outside influences. The tissue paper was used to fill the rest of the space in. Unfortunately as we all know, there was unseen foreign materials inbetween the sheets.

As for sending the candy bar stuff back from person to person till it gets back to me...I find that pretty humorous actually. If this does happen, I'll meet up with the person, shake his hand and take a picture of the garbage with him, frame it and then autograph it. Not sure yet. Haven't thought that far ahead. It'd be a good way to put it all behind me.

There you have it. Do with it as you will.

-Chris from Vintage Fun World.

Hi guys and thanks for the warm welcome.

I've been coming to Atari Age for years actually, just never had posted before. I really do like this website.

You guys do help make operating Vintage Fun World worth while, even though it doesn't make a whole lot.

See you next weekend Rick, I've been really looking forward to it again. This time I'll be bringing a truck to haul everything and I'm going to try to see how many things I can fit in the booth like last time, but a little more organized.

-Chris from Vintage Fun World.

As for our friend here, I did email him twice about this, so him saying that I didn't get back to him is a flat out lie.

My mistake, see I do make them. I apologize. I'm gonna blame the painkillers that I've had to take cause of a recent back injury. But that's neither here nor there.

The items were packed nicely, everything was like if I had shipped something to somebody, packed very carefully. The drive and software were good. I couldn't have asked for better quality. I know the items are old, and that was fine. I never said Chris was a bad person or rude or anything like that. I don't know him well enough to say anything personally.

And sh*t does happen from time to time, and from time to time you gotta go and put out a fire when it does. I've had to put out fires with customers, too. Not that often but sometimes. Once a customer's cd-rom had taken over a week to get to me so I could install it, and the customer was rightfully upset about it. I made up for it by cutting his bill in half. No problem. He came back, too. I'm sure all of us in business have had to put out fires and deal with irked customers. Do we have our own urban legend brewing here?

This is the most fun i've had reading a  thread in a long time!!! Gah Nathan you are lil drama queen aren't cha?

1021523[/snapback]

Glad we could be entertaining for you, Kyle!

I've been wondering if I should take a picture of a Snickers bar and then make multiple copies of it, thus placing them in each order that I send out. This way nobody gets left out.