IGNORED

New 2600 Homebrew: Space Treat

Albert

http://www.atariage.com/development_page.h...evelopmentID=38Space Treat is a new game being developed for the Atari 2600 by Fabrizio Zavagli (aka Rasty). In Space Treat, you control a ship that must reach the top of the screen, collect the tasty treat located there, and get it back to its base at the bottom. The current version of the game only has three cycling levels and is still missing several features in terms of gameplay, cosmetics, and audio. Fabrizio estimates this version is roughly 60% complete, but it's still playable and we think it shows great promise. You can view screenshots and download the binary here.

Hi Rasty:

I just loaded your Space Treat into the Cuttle Cart in a real 2600 console .. Nice work .. and nicely addicting gameplay too! The colors and scrolling objects are all nice and smooth .. I like it!

BTW: Your game made me get registered at atariage just so I could post this reply ..

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA, USA

Welcome aboard, solder_guy!

I also confirm Space Treat runs fine on an actual 2600 with CuttleCart.. but don't really know what's up with PCAE and Stella, will look into that later!

greets,

Rasty.-

FYI, the screen appears to roll on the Mac version of Stella (not sure what version I have though).

Yup, all older Stella cores (<1.2) seem to have that problems. But the game runs perfect with the Cuttle Card, so I'm quite sure, it's an emulator problem.

You Mac guys should contact the authors of MacStella, so they create an updated version, based on the newest Stella cores.

That will also make Thrust and Jammed working. ;)

I've put a newer version of the Space Treat rom up on its Development Page, along with updated screenshots. This newer version has a preliminary title screen and fuel. The fuel works as a timer--when it runs low your ship turns red and slows down. If it runs all the way out, your ship will explode (although the exploding part isn't actually in yet).

Enjoy!

..Al

The fuel works as a timer--when it runs low your ship turns red and slows down.  If it runs all the way out, your ship will explode

The two greatest mysteries of them all:

1. Why (How?) do ships explode once their fuel ran out?

(Same story as with American cars in movies? :D)

2. Why (How?) is the scramble ship refueling, when your're

actually *bombing* the fuel-tanks?

Greetings,

Manuel

The two greatest mysteries of them all:

1. Why (How?) do ships explode once their fuel ran out?

(Same story as with American cars in movies? :D)

That's easy:

The fuel is needed for the warp kernel shielding generator. :)

2. Why (How?) is the scramble ship refueling, when your're

actually *bombing* the fuel-tanks?

Hm, that's a little bit more complicated to explain:

What you see, is a camouflaged "beaming device", that beams up all fuel, including the fuel required for the tanks own warp kernel shielding generator. :D

Didn't you know that :?: