IGNORED

Screenshots of CGE2K2 2600 Releases

Albert

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...areLabelID=2060CGE Services, organizers of the 2002 Classic Gaming Expo in August, have provided us with screenshots of the three Atari 2600 titles they will be releasing at this year's show. The three games are Pick-Up and Save the Whales from 20th Century Fox, and Crack'ed from Atari. These previously unreleased prototypes will be sold complete with a custom label, box, and manual, in the same vein as last year's Elevator Action CGE release.

quote:

Originally posted by solder_guy:

Pick-up has a girl and a guy and a hotel and scoring ? Woeah! I wonder what the sound effects are like? Racy!

I don't know that the 2600 can do "racy" sound effects. I did take some video from each of these games at PhillyClassic, I really should endeavor to get that into the computer. Probably didn't pick up much in the way of sound, though, given how loud shows like this generally are..

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Marco:

I'll go get you one, for only $1k

Cheers,

Marco

Do you mean 1000 US$ ???

For that I can go and buy it myself.

I pay only the price on the CGE with shipping to germany. Maybe a bit more, but no 1000 US$.

Why I think I can't trust you?

I think noone would buy this game for 1000 US$ when this is a new release.

When its a new never seen Prototype, then maybe. But not for a game where many (maybe 100-300) cartridges were made.

I have buy Bugs Bunny too only for 60 US$ (or a bit cheaper or higher, don't know the exact price).

Maybe if someone fly from other countrys to USA then he must pay much for the that. But not for the game itself.

So noone know the prices yet?

[ 06-08-2002: Message edited by: MattyXB ]

For what it's worth and for what I know:

There will only be (I think I heard) 200 of each cart produced with box/instructions/etc. That's not many considering the numbers of folks that will be there (1,500 attendees expected this year).

CGE is also planning a special way of distributing carts so there won't be any of the "cattle calls" that occurred last year (people were lining up *2* hours before the carts were due to go on sale so they wouldn't miss out). My best guess is a lottery system of some type and a strict "One per person" rule, but I could be wrong.

Lastly, the carts will be sold for $40-$50 and that price is confirmed and is concrete. My point being (and I do have one), I don't believe there will be anyone buying extras "for someone else." Remember last year? Folks would buy two or three Combat IIs or Elevator Actions, then these message boards went NUTS when those extras wound up on eBay. ("Profiteer! Profiteer! Citizen's Arrayst! Citizen's Arrayst!")

Sorry Matty, I hate to bring bad news, but it looks like some of these carts will only be gotten by attendees - and not by all of them either, I'm afraid.

quote:

Originally posted by MattyXB:

Maybe if someone fly from other countrys to USA then he must pay much for the that. But not for the game itself.

Of course you are right, and I'm just kidding.

But if you think of it: you got your Bugs Bunny way cheaper than someone who actually went to the show. Same applies to the games that will be sold at CGE2k2 - if you take into account the cost of travel, hotel etc.

Silly people who go there to buy games - they better stay at home and ask other to get the game for them!

Cheers,

Marco

Maybe, or not maybe.

I like to visit it too, must be a very great atmosphere. To see all fans from classic games. But I have no money to fly to USA and for Hotel and anything. I think who live there has it much easier.

Ok USA is big. So its cost much for someelse too. But not so much as when fly there for one day (or maybe one weekend).

Then I can only hope, that it release too for other persons. For example, I have see nothing ever to buy Combat II or Elvator Action. So I am very happy to get Bugs Bunny. But most games release only at these events.

I hope they produce many of this game Save the Whales, that I maybe get on later afterthis event. Or some nice guy here will buy on for me too (if someone can buy 2).

quote:

Originally posted by MattyXB:

I want that game, but I can't drive to USA to get it.

Drive to the U.S? I wonder if that has been done, just to set a record. Drive onto a boat, and then do laps until you arrive in North America, just to say you never stopped moving.