IGNORED

New Atari Website Opening

Guitarman

Since I frequent the 8bit forum the most, I will post this here and hope that word of mouth will spread it to the other forum areas.

I am starting a new Atari themed website called AtariPort.com.

The function of the site will be to sub-host Atari related sites. There are some sites out there that are hosted on free and limited access servers. After a certain quota has been reached, the site will no longer allow anyone to browse until an amount of time has passed. For a one-time charge of $15.00, I will set up a sub domain on AtariPort that you can host your site on without the limitations of the free hosting sites. The hosting of the site will be provided free. That’s my donation to keeping the Atari community alive and active, something we all benefit from. If you would like your site maintained and updated for you, I would be willing to do it for a small fee.

Let me know your thought.

Edited by Guitarman

Since I frequent the 8bit forum the most, I will post this here and hope that word of mouth will spread it to the other forum areas.

<snip>

I would welcome any and all suggestions to making the site the goto site for finding any and all things Atari. I will be taking the site live in 1-2 weeks. In the mean time, I will be searching compiling a good starting list of sites to link. Make sure your site is one of them.

1023822[/snapback]

Sounds like a good idea. Check my sig for my site. :-)

BTW, I was wondering - OT, but in your sig...what is a "540STFM"?

Thanks!

<snip>

I would welcome any and all suggestions to making the site the goto site for finding any and all things Atari. I will be taking the site live in 1-2 weeks. In the mean time, I will be searching compiling a good starting list of sites to link. Make sure your site is one of them.

1023822[/snapback]

Sounds like a good idea. Check my sig for my site. :-)

BTW, I was wondering - OT, but in your sig...what is a "540STFM"?

Thanks!

1024202[/snapback]

540?? I don't see no 540!!!! LOL error changed!!

This sounds great Guitarman!

How much space would you be able to offer to those interested in your offer?

The reason I'm asking is that my site (Deus Ex Atari) Just went down and I haven't been able to get a hold of the guy who gave me the webspace once upon a time. So obviously I'm looking for a new cheap host.

/Troop

Edited by Trooper

This sounds great Guitarman!

How much space would you be able to offer to those interested in your offer?

The reason I'm asking is that my site (Deus Ex Atari) Just went down and I haven't been able to get a hold of the guy who gave me the webspace once upon a time. So obviously I'm looking for a new cheap host.

/Troop

1024911[/snapback]

I wasn't really going to put a limit on the space as I can expand it as needed.

Hi Guitarman,

You were on Atari chat previous week, right? Nice for having new Atari site opening. Good idea about hosting, maybe I will change my host server too :| Unfortunatelly www.95mb.com doesn't allow uploading zip like files, so my downloads are not yet available. Do you have any restrictions about that?

Hi Guitarman,

You were on Atari chat previous week, right? Nice for having new Atari site opening. Good idea about hosting, maybe I will change my host server too  :| Unfortunatelly www.95mb.com doesn't allow uploading zip like files, so my downloads are not yet available. Do you have any restrictions about that?

1029456[/snapback]

Yes I was. It was a lot of fun.

No, there shouldn't be a limit but I was also thinking on creating a centralized file download area for AtariPort hosted sites so visitors have one location they can find everything. I haven't decided whether to do that or create a download link page and have each person maintain their downloads. The benefit of one download area is keeping duplicates to a minimum and organization. Still debating this one!! LOL

Edited by Guitarman

Just so everyone knows, if you want a site hosted under AtariPort, it can be done now. It is only the AtariPort main site that will be live in a couple of weeks. If you want to start your own site now, contact me.

requests@atariport.com

1026471[/snapback]

As soon as I can get it to fit into my budget I'll contact you! :)

/Troop

Hi Guitarman,

You were on Atari chat previous week, right? Nice for having new Atari site opening. Good idea about hosting, maybe I will change my host server too  :| Unfortunatelly www.95mb.com doesn't allow uploading zip like files, so my downloads are not yet available. Do you have any restrictions about that?

1029456[/snapback]

Yes I was. It was a lot of fun.

No, there shouldn't be a limit but I was also thinking on creating a centralized file download area for AtariPort hosted sites so visitors have one location they can find everything. I haven't decided whether to do that or create a download link page and have each person maintain their downloads. The benefit of one download area is keeping duplicates to a minimum and organization. Still debating this one!! LOL

1029567[/snapback]

Guitarman, VERY good idea!!! It would be great to have one place for such files. For me that would not be a problem at all to make appropriate links to games and stuff. If you want, I can upload my huge collection to the destination you prefer. Then you can maintain files and keep duplicates to a minimum. What do you think? We can talk about that on chatroom today, from 2pm -> your time, as previous week.

• 4 months later...

Reviving this project. After a lot of research and much thought on this matter, I think maintaining a list of site links may be beyond the time I have to keep it up.

With that in mind, I would like to dedicate AtariPort.com to the hosting of Atari related sites for my original offer of a one time setup fee of $15.00. This will include an initial 10meg of room to do with as you will, as long as it is Atari related. If you are in need of more room, I will offer extra space at $5.00 per each extra 5meg. Again, this is a one time fee. There are no monthly site charges, annoying ads nor is there a daily quota limit, like some free sites.

The main AtariPort.com site will become the main info site for acquiring a sub domain and will also have links to all AtariPort hosted sites. For more info or to request a AtariPort hosted site, e-mail me at requests@atariport.com.

Please read the original post at the top of this topic for more info.

Edited by Guitarman