IGNORED

Thrust Plus High-Score Contest

**---Jah Fish, Thomas, & Mike -->

Shortly after the contest ended, I was told I was getting #4. Truthfully, the number doesn't matter that much to me (although it was kinda cool having a low # like that), but I did send in payment, and was hoping & expecting to receive the same copy as the other pre-orders (#'s 1-50).

I'm not trying to make waves, but am I still to get a copy? And will it be the same edition as the others?

Thanks,

Steve (NoahsMyBro)

@NoahsMyBro: check this http://www.atariage.com/features/contests/...Plus/index.html. I _think_ this is a final "ruling" of sorts, but could be wrong. In the game where I got that score, I got sooooo close to the same place Ubersaurus and KrisJohn did, but couldn't turn that long corridor. Four ships and a lot of cursing later and that was that.

@Cybertom: I'm guessing you beat that level to get your score, yes?

Regardless, it was a fun comp on a great game :) We should have another one for kicks to try and beat it once everyone has the new version.

• 2 weeks later...

*BUMP*

It's September 6, no Thrust+ yet. Any updates/news guys ? I'm trying to be patient, but I'm getting a little nervous about this. Has anybody else received their's yet? I honestly don't suspect any deception. I'm actually more concerned that my order somehow fell through the cracks. If nobody else has received the game yet either, than I'm willing to be patient and wait longer. If, however, everybody else received their copy and is already done with the game, than I want to find out what happened to mine.

-Steve

I will ask Jah Fish to comment here so he can give an update on what's going on.

I mailed him yesterday.

Sorry for that delay. I wish I could help accelerating things.

The last thing I've heard was, that Fish had burned his fingers some weeks ago. Maybe that explains the further delay. :ponder:

sorry guys,

besides all the shit lately happening to me, my girlfriend and i decided to go separate ways after 10 years and i'm completely fucked up ...

this was keeping me busy all the time, plus i lost my wallet last week with all my IDs and lots of cash ...

i need a few days to recover

:_( :_( :_(

@ Jah Fish,

sorry to hear that. :sad:

@ Thomas

I have try the game Thrust Plus, and now I understand how you must play it. :)

But I have some problems with the PAL - NTSC switch. This will not work by my Atari Jr. or Atari 7800. The game stops. (No, I don't use the switch for the Break function).

The game work only correct, when I have both AB switches left. When I have the NTSC PAL switch right, the game stops too. And when I then switch the break switch it will work again, but I can't shot, and there is no sound, so its unplayable.

So I can't play it with the PAL colors. But this is no big problem, then I play it only with diffrent colors. But I think its bad, that you try to programm it, that you can switch the colors, but it don't work then. :(

PS: Simon (Mental Kombat) has use the color switch, only problem, on the Atari 7800 you don't have it. But this work much better. Only that you can't switch the complete colors, while you are playing. But thats funny I think. The bottom change, but the gamfield not, but when you switch by the titlescreen it work fine. :D

But I have some problems with the PAL - NTSC switch. This will not work by my Atari Jr. or Atari 7800. The game stops.

Damn, you're right! :x

When implementing the Pause function, I must have made a mistake with the PAL switch. Sorry for that, I should have tested that combination. :sad:

Now I must see what went wrong and fix it.

Thats bad. :sad:

Will you make for all again the new game? Or only for PAL Users?

I can pay a bit for the new cartridge, if that help, but I will hold too the old one. I like to see, how it looks with the other colors.

I hope you find the error in the game. :( :sad:

And tell me, how much do you want for a new cartridge, when you have change it.

Will you make for all again the new game? Or only for PAL Users?

I hope it will be only necessary for PAL users, else it will cost a lot. The game works perfect for NTSC, so I hope nobody from the NTSC countries will complain.

I can pay a bit for the new cartridge, if that help, but I will hold too the old one. I like to see, how it looks with the other colors.

I hope you find the error in the game.  :(  :sad:  

And tell me, how much do you want for a new cartridge, when you have change it.

I found the error within some minutes after your post, so that was only a very little problem compared to what I'm currently trying to discuss with Albert and Jah Fish. I don't know yet exactly what will happen, but I want to make sure, that everybody will be happy with the result.

BTW: I forgot to say that in my first reply: Thanks for telling me immediately about that bug.

If I the only one, who scream about this little bug, then its OK. You don't need do burn a ROM again, or make a cartridge. I can live with the NTSC colors.

I own many NTSC games, which are not avaible in PAL, so I need to live with these too. :D :)

But I hope that your next games will work much better, that you have no problems later.

PS: I can't programm Atari 2600 VCS games, so I respect you people, who can programm it. Everyone make some little mistakes, and this is no big problem for me.

Better then programm nothing, or do nothing. But a game with a little bug is better the no game. :) ;)

But if you like to sell the new version, then tell me, how much do you want for that. Then I think about it, to buy it again. :) :) :)

Maybe with case, maybe without. How do you like it.

PS: I have found the bug earlier (for some days), but I have forget it, and test it again on my Atari 7800. Because sometimes I have some bugs only on my Atari 2600 Jr. But this time the bug was too on my Atari 7800. So I have think about it, to post this.