IGNORED

Thrust Plus High-Score Contest

ThrustContest.jpg

ATARIAGE, XYPE & HOZERVIDEO as well as Thomas Jentzsch and Jah Fish are proud

to present you the winners of the THRUST HIGHSCORE COMPETITION ....

1st place:

Tom Linke: 205150 points

2nd place:

Chris Johnson : 193100 points

3rd place:

Uebersaurus: 185150 points

congratulations to the winners !!!!

ok, after the flowers, i'll have to kick everybody elses ass! there only has been 4 pics sent to us! you guys are lazy ...

:wink:

Stephen Jacobs ranks for the 4th place with 104400 points.

this means, sending in my 4100 points would have scored 5th place (that's what thomas was trying to tell you indirectly the whole time)

i will give away the remaining low numbers to my prefered trading friends on the list ... exept ...

if you all send in pics of your actual highscores until sunday!

:wink:

here's your last chance to get one of the low numbers. don't miss it this time!

Boo.

To:  editor@atariage.com  

Sent:  Mon, 10 Jun 2002 00:43:57  

Subject:   Thrust+ High Score Contest III  

AtariKari

(Mike) --- no time!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Brought to you by Atari NET Mail

http://www.atari.net

Attachment:

Type: image/pjpeg File: Thrust+184710.jpg

Where did this email goto? I timestamped the event on this thread too. Time is EST. Also:
i will give away the remaining low numbers to my prefered trading friends on the list ... exept ...  

if you all send in pics of your actual highscores until sunday!

does this mean I have until Sunday to resend a score? WTF? Edited by AtariKari

HELP!

Everyone gets to play this cool game, but I can't get it to work. I'm using some old Windows version of Stella. Let me look... Version 0.7a. :shock:

Here's what I'm looking for. I need a 2600 emulator that will run on Windows 2000 in a window (not full screen). :roll:

What do you guys suggest? :?

Thanx,

ò¿ó          smiling_to_evil-smile.gif

HELP!

Here's what I'm looking for.  I need a 2600 emulator that will run on Windows 2000 in a window (not full screen).  :roll:

What do you guys suggest?  :?

Try the newest version (2.6!) of PCAEWin. It supports Thrust and IIRC should run in a window. The emulation is not 100% perfect, but it's ok.

Boo.

does this mean I have until Sunday to resend a score? WTF?

yes' date=' you have another few days until sunday to send in score.

[b']but this is now only for allready registered pilots, and only for the numbers #5 to #10.[/b]

the winners (according to the rules we gave out) are definitive. there won't be no new "winner" after this round.

this is no second round and there will be no new winner ... and no discussions about that: people who want to start long threads about it, are asked not to participate.

it's only the opportunity to get a lower number.

greetings

Hi!

First off, it's sort-of a thrill to have won 4th place! Yay! ......I'm conveniently ignoring the total # of contest entry submissions.....

Seeing as I'm #4, do I actually win anything?

Do I now have an opportunity to buy a Limited Edition (#s 1-50) copy of the game?

Steve

Hi!

Seeing as I'm #4, do I actually win anything?

Do I now have an opportunity to buy a Limited Edition (#s 1-50) copy of the game?

Only if you had reserved a copy of Thrust+ already. Then you could choose a lower number between 4 and 10.

So the prolonged contest is only interesting for those who want a lower number for their registered copy.

But I'd still be happy to see some more great high scores. Or somebody discovering the "deadly something". :D

Almost simply out of principle:  

What Happened To My Email?

I sent in a score putting me 500 odd points out of third place, abiding by all rules. Albert / Alex might be able to clear this up, and I'm surprised they haven't already.

Sorry, I do not appear to have ever received this email. I just went back and double-checked my inbox and do not have any messages from mwgilliard@atari.net or any with the subject, "Thrust+ High Score Contest III". That subject suggests you sent more than one email. If you did, I never received any of them..

Can you try sending it again? Send it to albert@atariage.com and send me a private message here after you've done that so I know you've sent it..

Thanks,

..Al

So like, now that I got # 3, what's gonna go down with my old serial number? Does that go to one of the people on the waiting list for something?

it was quite tricky to make the reservations ... a total of 47 were reserved, since i had to leave 3 carts over in case 3 non-registered users wins one of the sets .... of those, only 40 could reserve a number, since i had to leave out 10 for the contest ... now one of the three remaining ones goes to chris since one of the reservations was canceled ...

greetings

@ Thomas

Yes - fun too of course :D

And a second yes - i've died on stage 6 of the reverse grav. but i was not far away from the end of the tunnel - only a few thrusts .

I've played on stella using my sidewinder gamepad and i'm absolutely sure if i had a more precise steering i had done this stage also !

Maybe i'll top my score when playing the original Cart on my Atari using the footpedal set - yeahh would be really funny 8)

@ Fish

Na - hab ich nicht gesagt ich hoffe noch auf den ersten Platz :wink:

Bin allerdings enttäuscht das so wenige mitgemacht haben :(

Gruß nach Berlin

Tom

I tried playing this with an emulator, but I don't have a joystick, and I pretty much sucked playing with the keyboard (I managed to pick up 2 items...yeehaw!). That's why you never got a picture from me. But I can't believe you only got 4 submissions after so much interest. So maybe I'll take a picture of my sucky score anyway.

Bin allerdings enttäuscht das so wenige mitgemacht haben  :(  

Geht mir genauso. :(

Tschuldigung, hattes es versucht, aber es gelang mir nicht Bilder zu machen. Wenn ich Print gedrückt hatte, und sie in Paint Eingefügt hatte war die Punktezahl leider nicht mehr zu lesen.

Und auserdem habe ich es nicht geschfft überhaupt etwas beim Spiel zu erreichen. Habe ein bischen probiert, wusste aber eigentlich nicht, was ich machen musste. In der Anleitung habe ich irgendwie auch nichts gefunden.

Und ich wäre bestimmt nicht so gut gewesen, selbst wenn ich vielleicht irgendwann gewußt hätte wie man es spielt. :D