IGNORED

Thrust Plus High-Score Contest

there will be another bundle of boxes carts available for the CGE. not the complete package, the controller will be in it's original box and have the regular manual.

more infos later ....

thrust plus delivery will start at the beginning of next week. sorry everybody for the delay, there was lots of trouble with my printer because he used the wrong stickersheets ....

Cheaper then 30 Cent for 1 foodpedal? Wow, thats great. :)

No, I don't think that cheap, but Jahfish knows exactly.

Are you sure he means 9 EUR for all 30?

Yes, he write it in the auction. 30 foodpedals for together 9,- Euro.

But I forget the shipping cost. He write 10,-Euro for shipping. So together 19,-Euro.

Thats ca. 64 Cent for each. Cheap at all. I have pay 2,-Euro for mine if I not wrong. :)

when the project started, those damn pedals were still at 5$ each ..... i got them a bit cheaper, but not much ....

for the second run, we now benefit of the dumping prices. this seller now has to get rid of all his pedals and needs to free his space, so he severly lowered the prices

if you ship the pedals (in higher quantities) with a professional freight/cargo company, you can get them for about 4-5$ each, including airmail shipping. even cheaper if sent by surface/boat cargo

THRUST PLUS NEWS:

finally i recieved the stickers yesterday. they had to be redone, as i wasn't happy with the results at all, the printer had scaled my PDF for unknown reasons on the first time, then he has printed it on the wrong material and i finally swapped the printer. the new labels are now on UV-, water- and scratch-protected proofing paper that is allready self-adhesive. great material!

you will love it ...

now i "just" need to cut 350 stickers on my own, and numerate 100 of them :S

the manuals cover is yet missing, and i didn't finish the certificates (but they're on today's to do list)

since most of you wanted it signed, i will make an extra b/w sticker, with production infos and our signatures

delivery should start this week then ....

thanx to everybody for your patience.

i have lots to do at the moment, and since i had to move out all my atari items, i have to do the finishing of this project (packaging, etc ...) somewhere else, in a friends atelier.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are a thrust / gravitar fan, check this cool game out!

It's a new addition to the genre, and uses both a 3D and a physics ( Havok ) engine.

You can download it here...

http://www.candogames.com/ballsup

( an online 3D web demo is available at http://www.candogames.com/ballsup/ballsup.htm )

Let me know what you think, any comments or suggestions are alway appreciated for Episode 2...

Mal

Hiya Thomas,

> Looks quite interesting. Unfortunately I don't own a PC that's powerful enough to play it

It should run on a P300+, even with a really old 3D graphics card. If you ever get a faster PC, you're definitely on the list for getting a free copy as the maker of Thrust on the 2600! :wink:

Mal

It should run on a P300+, even with a really old 3D graphics card.

Well, I have a P166/64MB or a P200 MMX/32MB and no 3D card at all. Guess I should update (but I'm thinking about that for some years now... :)).

If you ever get a faster PC, you're definitely on the list for getting a free copy as the maker of Thrust on the 2600!   :wink:

Sure, if you use my creation for your advertising. ;)

Ha, my six year old 2.25 MB graphics card beats your lousy 2MB.

Indeed.

What's really funny is that I was the first person I knew with an accellerated video card back in the day when more than 256 colours was almost unheard of. I had a 15bit (32k colours) VGA accellerator and it made Windows fly ;)

Then I went for TV-out rather than 3D accelleration. Wrong way. By the time I was buying my next PC I was playing games only on my PSX. Short trip from there to a Gameboy, then to a SNES, then *bamf* Atari, et al.

If it hadn't been for that one TV-out integrated adapter without proper DirectX support, I never would have gotten into retro console gaming... :ponder:

> That's so funny. "really old 3D card" - ha!

> The most powerful PC I own is a 266MMX laptop with 2MB of video RAM and no 3D anything. And it's not more than 4 years old.

:) Point taken! I remember playing games on a PC with 640Mb and twin 5 1/4 disk drives! Those were the days!!!

The upgrade to a 20Mb hard disk made us the talk of the town!

Saying that, emulation of a lot of MAME games requires quite a fast processor ( and the machine most likely shipped with some sort of 3D card ) so a lot of retro fans will have a modern setup.

Here's a screenshot of the game for those without 3D cards...

shotF.jpg

You have to use the ship's inertia along with the tractor beam connection to 'throw' the balls in to the containers in the wall on the right!

Mal

www.candogames.com