IGNORED

7800 problem

Dusk2600

i have a 7800 that only plays 7800 games. i am not a new collector and i know the 7800 can play 2600 games. However this one does not. i bought it for 10.00 knowing it only played 7800 games. i was wondering if anyone has had this problem and if anyone knows how i can fix it.

i have a 7800 that only plays 7800 games.  i am not a new collector and i know the 7800 can play 2600 games.  However this one does not.  i bought it for 10.00 knowing it only played 7800 games. i was wondering if anyone has had this problem and if anyone knows how i can fix it.

1026100[/snapback]

The 7800 has some circuitry which is used in both 7800 and 2600 mode, but some circuitry which is for 2600 mode only. The TIA and RIOT chips are used somewhat for both (though more in 2600 mode than 7800). There are some transistors and resistors and things, however, which are only used for 2600 mode.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the advice all :)

Thread can be deleated now

Are you sure your 2600 games work? I have a hard time playing quite of few of my games on my 7800 but if I try enough times I can get some of them to work. Even after cleaning the contacts some games won't work but I'm not a big 2600 fan anyways. Frogger and Berzerk work so I'm pretty happy with that.