IGNORED

BJL under a "modern" Windows?

ray

hi there,

do you know if there's a chance to get the BJL uploader running under any modern windows like NT/2000/XP which doesn't allow direct IO access. did bastian schick or someone else happen to write a program which is compatible to their higher level drivers?

any sort of help would be appreciated. i can't use my TT for doing the uploads atm. so it would be cool to upload stuff via my PEECEE.

regards,

ray

I have a text once from FrediFredo (on his BJL CD) for running standard BJL send program through Win NT & co (you must allow direct IO).

I don't remember how to allow IO to pass (as I have only 98), but I'm sure he will answer soon (or PM him).

Hello!

hi there mathias,

i am using dosBox yet. it runs madMac quite fine but no chance to get the BJLuploader running with it. i need to check that giveio.sys driver, tho.

regards,

ray

1027705[/snapback]

Oh, sorry, then i have to apologize.

Seems that i have mixed up the two topics - doing BJL-transfer and running the Atari-dev-tools under Windows NT/2K/XP.

Bye!

Matthias

hi again,

i have now installed giveio.sys (i'm using windows XP) but the upload still refuses to work. i have bastian schicks lataest uploader (bjl_load from his download/new directory, it also includes giveio.sys) but as soon as i try to upload at file nothing happens after the uploader has determined the file's length and startaddress. my cable is 100% ok since uploading works on my TT.

which LPT mode should i use? i've tried EPP, ECP and bidirectional, without any success, though.

and ideas what to do?

regards,

ray

Are you referring to the encrypted BJL CD I released? I wasn't aware there was another one out there.

I have that CD along with a working Jag developer setup environment, and a little sample program on my website.

http://www.hillsoftware.com

I have a text once from FrediFredo (on his BJL CD) for running standard BJL send program through Win NT & co (you must allow direct IO).

I don't remember how to allow IO to pass (as I have only 98), but I'm sure he will answer soon (or PM him).

1027629[/snapback]

Are you referring to the encrypted BJL CD I released?  I wasn't aware there was another one out there.

FrediFredo's CD is not the same as yours ; it's a PC (not JagCD) CD-ROM he made for homebrew developers, containing documentation, programs, etc. related to Jaguar programming.

EDIT : Just took a look at the Jaguar Developers Tools you have for download. Seems to be very interesting :P

Edited by Zerosquare

• 4 months later...

Hello!

To wait until the Catnip Cable release ;) ,
If it will work with my Windows 98 dev PC, all the better. :-)

My Alpine though is on LPT2 on the machine, and the BJL on LPT1...

here's a new version of the modified uploader (see the poste above). I've modified it to run with a very high priority by default, which should reduce the chance of the uploads failing (see the documentation). Please let me know if it works better for you :)
I just tried both versions with my 1.8 Ghz Windows XP SP2 system.

The old version fails every time, but the new one works every time!

This is REALLY great, it's very convenient to have options for upload.

Thanks! Can I put a copy of this on my downloads page crediting you?

Cheers,

JustClaws.

If it will work with my Windows 98 dev PC, all the better. :-)
Yes, Win9x/2000/WinXP will be supported out-of-the-box, Linux should work too (not tested yet, but supposed to be OK). And if somebody's willing to do it, it should be portable easily to MacOS.

Can I put a copy of this on my downloads page crediting you?
You're welcome. :) Can you add a link to the original thread on Jagware too (http://jagware.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=37), in case I release a new version ? Edited by Zerosquare