IGNORED

Good Luck Charlie Brown

mattkain

Just out of curiousity, what was the final plan to getting this great proto dumped?

I am going to be sending my modified 7800 to him, just have not gotten around to it yet.

Yup. Once I get the modded 7800, I'm going to roll up to SF and try to have TheRedEye give me a hand with the dump. Keep the faith - sooner or later everyone will be able to take a hack at GLCB.

Matt Kain

Possible concern: I don't have a TV with RF inputs, does this modified 7800 also have composite out?

Just out of curiousity, what was the final plan to getting this great proto dumped?

I am going to be sending my modified 7800 to him, just have not gotten around to it yet.

Yup. Once I get the modded 7800, I'm going to roll up to SF and try to have TheRedEye give me a hand with the dump. Keep the faith - sooner or later everyone will be able to take a hack at GLCB.

Matt Kain

Possible concern: I don't have a TV with RF inputs, does this modified 7800 also have composite out?

Do you have a VCR? You can plug the 7800 into the RF input of the VCR and output through composite to your TV.

Mitch

Um, if it doesn't have an RF input, it isn't a television. Are you saying you only use video monitors in your house? :?

An RF signal is the same as what comes from an antenna, or a cable TV or satellite receiver. Just because the jack is not compatible with the plug on the end of the cable from the Atari console, doesn't mean anything. AFAIK, no North American TV ever had an RF input that used an RCA jack which would directly accept an Atari console's RF cable. When the 2600 and 7800 were produced, most TVs had a pair of screw terminals for connecting to 300 ohm twin-lead antenna cable, and that's what comes out of the console's switch box. Nowadays a TV's RF input is via a female "F" connector that accepts 75 ohm coaxial cable. Adapters are available to connect the console's RF cable directly to this type of jack, or to connect the twin-lead output of the switch box to it.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

If you only have a portable TV with no external antenna signal input, it should still be possible to connect the 7800's RF cable by using an alligator clip lead between the RF cable center terminal and the TV's built-in antenna. The picture won't be great, but it should be good enough for dumping.

Um, if it doesn't have an RF input, it isn't a television. Are you saying you only use video monitors in your house? :?

That's exactly what I'm saying, yes. But my 9" does indeed have an RF jack in the back, so we're okay.

Edited by TheRedEye

That's exactly what I'm saying, yes. But my 9" does indeed have an RF jack in the back, so we're okay.

Otherwise I have a VCR which I'm fairly certain has an RF input. I still haven't received a modded 7800 though. I'll let you know when this happens.

matt

• 4 weeks later...
Sooooo...

Whens the Rom Going to Be Distributed?

Good Grief..

:rolling: :rolling:

An ironic, yet highly-suitable response there. Seriously folks, let's just wait until it's done ok? I mean yeah I remember seeing an ad for it in an Atari poster I had when I was little, but even "I" can wait for the game to be released. Let's show a little patience here, folks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...