IGNORED

Good Luck Charlie Brown

mattkain

Gang, my guess is bumping this thread will not help glean any further info as it relates to the dumping status. Since there has not been a real update 2 months, in all likelyhood the dumping has hit a major snag and we will not see it reach fruition despite the generous and altruistic efforts of all involved.

Gang, my guess is bumping this thread will not help glean any further info as it relates to the dumping status. Since there has not been a real update 2 months, in all likelyhood the dumping has hit a major snag and we will not see it reach fruition despite the generous and altruistic efforts of all involved.

CPUWIZ, can you confirm/deny this?

CPUWIZ, can you confirm/deny this?

The dude doesn't know what he is talking about, I have not sent out my 7800, because I needed it myself. Here is one reason:

http://www.atariservice.com/Shop/index.php...products_id=215

The dude doesn't know what he is talking about, I have not sent out my 7800, because I needed it myself. Here is one reason:

I aint buying it anymore. I'm suspecting an April Fools prank that never came to a head and now people are trying to delay it till NEXT YEAR. :P

Whoa! Pretty good reason. In the 4 or so years I've been at AtariAge, I've been lucky to see some hacks,homebrews and such come to fruition. Turns out, most had been in process for a while. So GLCB is on par for a 20 something year old project. I'll be eager to see the final, though.

• 2 months later...

So is this proto rom dump officially dead like the Pink Panther? It has been great to see these long lost games surface, but very disheartning to see them be sealed up again. Hopefully this one is an exception.

No, they are very different situations. GLCB will get dumped, but it might be a bit.

Tempest

So is this proto rom dump officially dead like the Pink Panther? It has been great to see these long lost games surface, but very disheartning to see them be sealed up again. Hopefully this one is an exception.

No, they are very different situations. GLCB will get dumped, but it might be a bit.

Tempest

Ok at the risk of sounding dumb may I ask why it will take a bit?

Tempest

My understanding is that we're still waiting for CPUWIZ to send dumping equipment to either me or the owner.

Tempest

My understanding is that we're still waiting for CPUWIZ to send dumping equipment to either me or the owner.

Not quite, I offered to send the dumper to him a couple of weeks ago and he told me that he is travelling to several different places over the next couple of months. :(

Tempest

Not quite, I offered to send the dumper to him a couple of weeks ago and he told me that he is travelling to several different places over the next couple of months. :(

That is awful. Would be really cool to have for the 2600

Aha! Well, then.

I find it really hilarious that this is taking so long. I mean, here's this holy grail I've been hearing about for what seems like ten years. Someone surfaces with a copy he's more than happy to dump, and for silly little reasons it just doesn't happen for a long time.

I'm not blaming anyone, I just think it's funny!

Hmmm...lemme check out my VG Price Guide book at my Dad's place (thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away or so). I'd want to check this one out, as well as Snoopy, Miss Piggy's Wedding, and some other licensed protos. Hopefully the FB2 portable comes to fruition soon (if not, there's always Wal-Mart for the FB2 non-portable; several weeks and several hours later, voila! a 2600).

BJ

FB2 from Walmart + cart mod + PSOne LCD disply = quick and dirty portable system :D

Where in the hell do you expect me to find a PSone LCD these days, besides eBay?

BJ

Some KMart store around here still had them as of last month, and even saw one at Walmart, Plus some Toys R Us stores may have a few as well - you'd just have to look.