IGNORED

Good Luck Charlie Brown

mattkain

Some KMart store around here still had them as of last month, and even saw one at Walmart, Plus some Toys R Us stores may have a few as well - you'd just have to look.

Where you at, girl? That's freaking ludicrous!! Do ya have to ask, or something?

I've seen them at WalMart, Circuit City and Fry's.

No Fry's OR Circuit City near me, unfortunately, and while I have a Wally World nearby, it's a good 3-4 miles from the college I'm attending. I have a K-Mart, but I've not seen the PSOne monitors there, I'd probably have to ask, as well as ask "What price, (blank)?"

BJ

No Fry's OR Circuit City near me, unfortunately, and while I have a Wally World nearby, it's a good 3-4 miles from the college I'm attending. I have a K-Mart, but I've not seen the PSOne monitors there, I'd probably have to ask, as well as ask "What price, (blank)?"

BJ

There's a dude in the Marketplace that has 2 brand new PS1 screens right now for $100 shipped.

• 2 weeks later...

It's true. There were a few hurdles earlier that prevented the game from being dumped, and right now I'm just in the middle of a rash of work-related and personal travel that is keeping me pretty tied up at least until after New Year's (I'm actually home right now, but I leave again in about 48 hours). I'm also thinking about moving soon which could compicate this further. To be blunt, I have quite a bit on my plate, and Atari is just not a very high priority in my life right now.

Anyway, to be honest, I've been toying with the idea of selling off most of my video game collection, including the Good Luck Charlie Brown cart. I don't play anymore, don't have room for my collection, and, in the case of the GLCB cart, I feel it would be better off in the hands of someone who still has a passion for gaming and collecting. If I do sell, I'm not really sure what the best approach would be. Ebay? Private auction through PMs?

Oh well, sorry I don't make it to the forums much. Life just has me very fried right now. I'll try to check in when I have time.

Hope all is well,

Matt Kain

It's true. There were a few hurdles earlier that prevented the game from being dumped, and right now I'm just in the middle of a rash of work-related and personal travel that is keeping me pretty tied up at least until after New Year's (I'm actually home right now, but I leave again in about 48 hours). I'm also thinking about moving soon which could compicate this further. To be blunt, I have quite a bit on my plate, and Atari is just not a very high priority in my life right now.

Anyway, to be honest, I've been toying with the idea of selling off most of my video game collection, including the Good Luck Charlie Brown cart. I don't play anymore, don't have room for my collection, and, in the case of the GLCB cart, I feel it would be better off in the hands of someone who still has a passion for gaming and collecting. If I do sell, I'm not really sure what the best approach would be. Ebay? Private auction through PMs?

Oh well, sorry I don't make it to the forums much. Life just has me very fried right now. I'll try to check in when I have time.

Hope all is well,

Matt Kain

Well we just did the Turbo prototype through private PM auctions and that seemed to work well. I assume GLCB would fetch a similar price. Ebay is sort of iffy since they cancel prototype auctions half the time. I'd just offer for sale right here.

Tempest

I totally agree....Tempest did a great job with the private PM auction he did for Turbo....Ebay has been very picky with protos lately. If you decide to sell through the forums, I think you'll get a good price for your proto. I would be the first in line to participate in the auction..... :)

Well no matter what happens Matt, I want to thank you for caring about something most everyday people wouldn't give a minute of their time to thinking about, and it's really cool that you want to have this cart dumped to preserve it and give others who would appreciate it a chance to play it instead of just being in it for the money. We do care about the games for this system and it would be a sin to see this rom erase itself over time in somebodys closet who would never even play it except to test it once to see if the cart powered up. That being said you should talk with Wonder007 as the man is serious about Atari and an assist to the community. He would more then make it worth your while I am sure, and the rom would not disappear forever. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I finally got to take a peek at my price guide, and the GLCB proto was "discovered" at a flea market in Wisconsin. Mattkain, since this was in your collection, do you know WHICH flea market in Wisconsin it was where you found this?

Apparently there's more protos out there than even I knew about.

BJ

Well, I finally got to take a peek at my price guide, and the GLCB proto was "discovered" at a flea market in Wisconsin. Mattkain, since this was in your collection, do you know WHICH flea market in Wisconsin it was where you found this?

Let's see... it's been over 10 years so I only have a vague idea, but here goes. It was a flea market in Kenosha. Not an outdoor flea market, mind you, but an *indoor* flea market. The flea market was located on the second floor of an old, somewhat dilapidated building. I remember it being really dirty and poorly lit inside. I wish I could remember the street name... it was definitely in a downtown area because there were plenty of other shops around it. In fact, I believe that either the Salvation Army or the Saint Vincent De Paul store was down the street from it (only a few blocks or so). The vendor was an older woman who had no idea where the carts came from (she also had a Snoopy proto). My brother was the one who actually found and bought the game. $2 each for GLCB proto and the Snoopy proto. I went back the next week, but the woman didn't have anything except some commons. I never scored anything at that place again. Oh well, that's all I remember.

Anyway, the game is currently not in my possession – it’s back with my brother, the discoverer and co-owner. Things have changed significantly for me in the last half year, and the game is going to be sold. I'll give an update later when I have more time to write. In the meantime:

Edited by mattkain

Anyway, the game is currently not in my possession – it’s back with my brother, the discoverer and co-owner. Things have changed significantly for me in the last half year, and the game is going to be sold. I'll give an update later when I have more time to write. In the meantime:

I´ll certainly be ready with a generous offer also. Just say the word, Matt.

Great video there. Nice to see it in motion. :thumbsup: