IGNORED

What’s your best 2600 eBay find?

TheBman80

I have just started collecting 2600 stuff again it’s been a while. I was on eBay and I picked up a lot of 6 common carts paid like $3.60 each and their all still in the original plastic and not beat to hell. I thought this was a great find since the games are getting up there in age like me :D it's still amazing that you can find any carts that haven't been torn apart yet. Here’s a pic let me know what you think and I would like to hear what you guys have found.

post-8610-1142041954_thumb.jpg

My best score off Ebay was a R10 Famicom cartridge version of Doki Doki Panic for $35 bucks mixed in a lot of other carts. It's common as hell on famicom disk format but how many have you seen on carts? Thats what I thought, and thats why it's a R10, I have seen 1 other on a cart aside from mine and the guy paid $375 for it.

Just did my banking and was reminded that I recently got Quick Step boxed for the 2600 for $34 :D ;it's not perfect,but it is mine!

Also about 3 years ago I got a boxed copy of Espial for .99 cents!, and it is in mint condition.

Got my copy of Boing! for about $40.

And via email, got Starpath/Arcadia Frogger for $40.

I have just started collecting 2600 stuff again it’s been a while. I was on eBay and I picked up a lot of 6 common carts paid like $3.60 each and their all still in the original plastic and not beat to hell. I thought this was a great find since the games are getting up there in age like me

Yeah, you got a bunch of O'Shea's games :)

I think probably everybody on this site has at least close to a full collection of O'Shea titles. You can find the full list of what they have at the order form linked from here: http://www.oshealtd.com/atari.htm

You did get a good deal, though, at least based on what O'Shea is selling them for these days. Back when I picked up mine, they were going for 80 cents each... and I didn't even get a full set. Most people on Ebay try to charge more than what O'Shea is selling them for (obviously), counting on the fact that most Ebay buyers don't know what the source for them is.

Anyway, my 2600-related Ebay finds haven't been that great, but I've got a couple that I'm at least somewhat proud of, and they're both my consoles themselves. First, I picked up my 4-switch 2600 in a box with 15 games for $11. I didn't even think I was getting the box; the guy didn't advertise it, so I was happy. And the price was a pre-nostalgia price; it was before anyone knew Ebay (this was the really early days) and before people had really discovered nostalgia gaming.

My other find was my Sears heavy sixer. Again, came with the box and a few games, plus all the original accessories - original first-year joysticks, original Sears paddles, original grey power supply. I think I also paid something like $13 for this, including shipping. The pic the guy had of it was awful; you couldn't even tell what kind of system it was, and I think it was labeled "untested" and "as-is" (sure enough, it didn't power up initially, but it worked fine when I plugged in a different power supply). I totally bought it on a whim because I saw that the high bid with like 3 minutes left was something like six bucks. But I was REALLY happy when I got the package and saw what it really was.

I've got pics of both of these systems at my collection link below.

I won a loose Pengo for like $3. I also got Frogger II loose for about $10 I think? :ponder: It was awhile ago so I'm not sure. I also won a mixed lot of games for various systems for like $45. Among them were Fathom for the Inty. I split up & resold most of the lot though and pretty much doubled what I paid for it. :cool:

Actually I just remembered, the best deal I got (and my 1 and only side deal) was for an atari 2600 jr system with 168 games for $150 shipped. Some of the games included were: Shuttle Orbiter, Death Trap, London Blitz, Demolition Herby, Ram It, Montezumas Revenge, Pitfall II, Tanks but no Tanks, Crash Dive, Bank Heist, Private Eye, etc. I resold a bulk of the games and got my money back. And that was without selling the ones listed. I kept those for myself. :D

I don't normally side deal, but this was too good to pass up, besides I'm sure someone else would have anyway, and like I said, I've never done it again. I got this deal back in december of 2003.

Edited by shining slade

I have just started collecting 2600 stuff again it’s been a while. I was on eBay and I picked up a lot of 6 common carts paid like $3.60 each and their all still in the original plastic and not beat to hell. I thought this was a great find since the games are getting up there in age like me :D it's still amazing that you can find any carts that haven't been torn apart yet. Here’s a pic let me know what you think and I would like to hear what you guys have found.

I just saw that Oshealt are selling atari game at 5$. I paid 0.80 a few year back :D

that oshea stuff looks alot like what FBE had in the 1990 ? . So im assuming at one point a large find was found and has passed many hands inlcuding telegames , oshea and that guy in texas the bergs ? It all seems to be the same except for the Berg stuff which has coleco and intellivision .Which i think came from telegames. I still have the original telegames list somewhere when i was tying to get it before the tornado hit. And it looks alot like the telegames list from 1990 . So i assume there are thousands and maybe 5's of thousand of these games around ?

My best eBay score was quite some time ago, but all in one auction...

CIB Atlantis II w/all original letters from Imagic

CIB Superman w/wallet

Numerous CIB games (mostly Activision and Atari)

Numerous Activision patches w/award letters

A bunch of "Activisions" newsletters

CIB Heavy Sixer (which I still have and use daily)

One hell of a collection, all from the original owner, around $125 shipped :cool:

CIB Superman w/wallet

One hell of a collection, all from the original owner, around $125 shipped :cool:

...... banghead.gif ...... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

;) :P :D

CIB Superman w/wallet

:-o

I am at a loss for words.....