IGNORED

What’s your best 2600 eBay find?

TheBman80

So I bought a lot of 55 nonworking games off eBay figured what the hell its only going for 4.99 + shipping a total of $9.80. I figure what I can loose nothing.. the worst thing that could possibly happen is that I clean some and they work the best thing they all work. So I win the lot off eBay for $9.80 and proceeded to clean the contacts of the carts with alcohol and q-tips so here’s what I come up with 37 working, 18 nonworking and one 7800 game 56 total instead of 55 the 7800 game was pole position 2 I can't test it I don't have a 7800.so in picture 1 are the 37 working games notice they are separated the top bunch are fine but the bottom 2 rows all had their black spring loaded pieces removed that protected the PCB's in the carts and since they were gone let me tell you it was a bitch to get them into the Atari to test. The 3 to the right are working sort of Kaboom works fine but I was unable to get the bomb catcher to move in the game either my paddles are crapping out which is a possibility since they were not working to well with the game Demons to Diamonds that I got in this lot as well or the game went bad. Starmaster worked but no enemies came up I didn’t play for long but I think there would be a little more action then just endless space. Star Raiders did something similar but I really don’t remember what exactly since I went through so many games yesterday.

picture 1

post-8610-1142401470_thumb.jpg

In pictures 2 and 3 are the nonworking carts after cleaning still nothing any suggestions or anyone need some nonworking carts for homemade game projects?

Picture 2

post-8610-1142401611_thumb.jpg

Picture3

post-8610-1142401641_thumb.jpg

So I basically picked up 56 games for about .18c's each and 37 of them worked that's not bad for a batch of nonworking games. :)

Too bad about Frogger II not working. That would be worth more than your $10 investment by itself. There's a slim chance that you could fix it by opening the cart and resoldering the chip, but Parker Brothers carts are a b*tch to open even after you heat and peel the label and remove the screw(may not be possible to do without breaking at least one or two of the clip tabs).

I saw this auction..was listed for about 45 minutes for $90.00 and no one grabbed it..so I did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Do you have it yet? If not I wouldn't have posted it.

Just picked it up from UPS...I will post pics later today..Thanks

Edited by shirleysswapshop

I saw this auction..was listed for about 45 minutes for $90.00 and no one grabbed it..so I did.

Good point. While most of us are on the up and up here, I once gushed over an auction I won for a boxed and pristine Vectrex that no one else must have seen because I was the only bidder, and won it for $39.99. I posted it, then a couple of days later got an e-mail from the seller telling me it was hopelessly mangled in a car accident. Even though he promised to show me pictures of it, and a police report, I never heard from him again. So someone snaked my Vectrex :x . But the person who did it knows who they are, and I feel sorry for them having such a small life (and other probably small things too....) to do something like that.

Good point. While most of us are on the up and up here, I once gushed over an auction I won for a boxed and pristine Vectrex that no one else must have seen because I was the only bidder, and won it for $39.99. I posted it, then a couple of days later got an e-mail from the seller telling me it was hopelessly mangled in a car accident. Even though he promised to show me pictures of it, and a police report, I never heard from him again. So someone snaked my Vectrex :x . But the person who did it knows who they are, and I feel sorry for them having such a small life (and other probably small things too....) to do something like that.

Now that is pretty shitty... I don't care how bad I wanted something..That is way beyond being ethical..

No Instructions.... :x..tons of others but not the one I wanted.

ouch i think i saw that 1 and didnt even bother looking at it, good find

Shirely\Don how many Ebay accounts do you guys have ?? BTW, Nice score on the River Patrol, You can sell the rest of the lot and you got a more than free River Patrol out of that deal, Nice score for sure!! Also who the hell cares if you didn't get the manual for gods sake you got it for 90 bucks??? :lol:

Cheers,

shawn

Shirely\Don how many Ebay accounts do you guys have ?? BTW, Nice score on the River Patrol, You can sell the rest of the lot and you got a more than free River Patrol out of that deal, Nice score for sure!! Also who the hell cares if you didn't get the manual for gods sake you got it for 90 bucks??? :lol:

Cheers,

shawn

Just 2 , One is my wife's and mine...it's a keeper.

Now I have,

Video Jogger, Video Reflex, Waterworld, Qubes, Malagai in chip , Gauntlet in chip, River Patrol and more soon to come..It's a start...

Cheers,

shawn

Oh..and yes..the other is the auction will be sold off..so I hope I can get the $90.00 back ;)

I also picked up 5 Imagic carts Riddle , dragon fire , shootin gallery , demon atack and cosmic ark for $7.39 + 5.00 ship. I thought I did pretty good. :D

You know, with the exception of Shootin Gallery, not the rarest of games and all, but in my book, a person could pay 30 bucks for Dragonfire alone, and have it be well worth its money. I think its just about one of my favorite games. It has it all, great graphics, addicting gameplay, and furious challenge. Nice score :D