IGNORED

(Insert stupid Blog name here) - Cheeeese!

RSS Bot

I finally picked up Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, and I have to say, it's a wonderful film!

I missed it in the theaters, but I wanted to get the DVD because I've been a fan of Nick Park's work since his Creature Comforts short. Wallace and Gromit are terrific characters, and it was great to see them in a feature-length film. And even though I don't think the Oscars usually provide any sort of real-world validity, I was glad to see this film win for best animated feature. It's a testament that good characters and storytelling are the key to good animation, and the more that can be done to get that point across, the better.

I won't spoil the movie by going into too much detail, but it's a good-natured parody of horror movies, with some genuinely unexpected and fun twists to the plot. The whole film is a treat to watch, and the amount of work put into it is staggering. This is a film that was lovingly crafted, and not just shoved out the door of some studio to make a few bucks.

The story and characters are engaging and funny, and there are some moments in the film which are pure joy. I don't find myself laughing out-loud at movies very often, but Wallace and Gromit managed to surprise and delight me throughout this film. For me, that's about the highest compliment I can pay any movie.

Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit jumps up near (or to) the top of my favorite animated features. This is a film I'll be watching again and again. The DVD offers quite a few nice extras too, with behind the scenes featurettes and commentary.

Highly recommended! icon_thumbsup.gif

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...&showentry=1332