IGNORED

Heh Colecovision On Family Guy

It's nice to see the Colecovision get a little attention on TV. The Atari 2600 shows up all the time, especially on Adult Swim's shows. I'd really go nuts if I saw an Atari 5200. I'd probably wet myself if I saw a Vectrex on some show. :D

Well it's not a new show but I recall seeing a Vectrex once on an episode of Step-by-Step.

If that's good enough, then proceed with the wetting. :P

Edited by rockman_x_2002

It's nice to see the Colecovision get a little attention on TV. The Atari 2600 shows up all the time, especially on Adult Swim's shows. I'd really go nuts if I saw an Atari 5200. I'd probably wet myself if I saw a Vectrex on some show. :D

Actually a couple of weeks ago I was watching a Norwegian TV series about some robbery. The robbers had disguised themselves as security guards and were driving a van into the place they were going to rob. They passed through a gate that was opened by a guard and to open the gate the guard actually pressed one of the fire buttons on a Vectrex controller. The entire controller was clearly visible in a closeup, very high tech :D

Hey -- I picked up Growing Pains Season 1 awhile back and in one episode Kirk Cameron is playing what I am pretty sure is a 5200. I'll check when I'm home again and let you know the episode name. Kirk is faking sick and staying home from school and his father keeps confiscating his 5200 carts.

Just was watching Family Guy on Fox and the maid/helper pulled a colecovison outa his belly button :D

I found this video online at YouTube.com but dont know how long it will be there before they will yank it out for Copyright resion. Anyway here's some screen-grabs of Peter and his old Colecovision :D

post-5587-1142346492_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1142346501_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1142346509_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1142346518_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atariboy2600

Yeah, there's no point in trying to make sense of Family Guy. If everything you saw on the show was canon, Peter would be a robot doppleganger and Lois would be a neanderthal ("me likey bouncy, me likey bouncy!").

Anyway, I loved bits and pieces of the episode, but the whole marriage between Quagmire and Joan... not so much. I did a little research on The Great Space Coaster and saw a WHOLE lot of stuff that I remember watching on a different kids' show, Romper Room. What's the deal here? Is my childhood nostalgia playing tricks on me, or was footage from one show transplanted into the other?

Also, I really, really hope that the series finale of Malcolm in the Middle turns out like that.

JR

The 5200 is prominently featured in an episode of Knight Rider. I am not making this up, and it has NO RELATION WHATSOEVER to the Knight Rider 2600 thread.

Edited by Xot

I don't think the Stewie sounds British. It's more like that hyper intellectual speak from Kelsey Grammer or David Hyde Pierce from Fraiser. You can't really try to rationalize Family Guy, because it often makes no sense and contradicts itself. It's still a great funny cartoon.

Why is the baby breastfeeding now after eating food for years?

How can he put together elaborate sentences? Why does he sound British? Why does Brian the dog talk?

It's a CARTOON, you know...

Please, enlighten me with more of your wisdom. They have been holding to some kind of linear order. The daughter isn't in college one day and grade school the next.

• Like 1