IGNORED

Need Help In Making Atari Tiny Toon.

Atariboy2600

Im trying to make levels but I need help in size, high and weth of the level screen to amek some mockup images.

Try reading this.

Thanks for the help^_^

Don't know if this will help, but here are some zipped GIFs, mostly of images that I had made for my own use, as follows:

128 Colors.GIF - Screenshot of z26 displaying full Atari palette, to help pick colors.

2600 Background.GIF - Shows screen positions where color changes can be made.

2600 Border.GIF - Shows screen positions where blanking can be enabled/disabled.

2600 Player x 1.GIF - Shows smallest pixels for players, using single-width mode.

2600 Playfield Copied.GIF - Shows playfield registers and pixels, in duplicate mode.

Title Screen 1.GIF - The original title screen mock-up that you posted in this thread.

Title Screen 2.GIF - I stretched your screen, overlaid the playfield screen, and made this.

Title Screen 3.GIF - This is the same as above, but I removed the grid overlay.

Michael Rideout

TinyToon.zip

Im trying to make levels but I need help in size, high and weth of the level screen to amek some mockup images.

Try reading this.

Thanks for the help^_^

Don't know if this will help, but here are some zipped GIFs, mostly of images that I had made for my own use, as follows:

128 Colors.GIF - Screenshot of z26 displaying full Atari palette, to help pick colors.

2600 Background.GIF - Shows screen positions where color changes can be made.

2600 Border.GIF - Shows screen positions where blanking can be enabled/disabled.

2600 Player x 1.GIF - Shows smallest pixels for players, using single-width mode.

2600 Playfield Copied.GIF - Shows playfield registers and pixels, in duplicate mode.

Title Screen 1.GIF - The original title screen mock-up that you posted in this thread.

Title Screen 2.GIF - I stretched your screen, overlaid the playfield screen, and made this.

Title Screen 3.GIF - This is the same as above, but I removed the grid overlay.

Michael Rideout

Thanks man I see I need to redated the date from 82 to 90 and see if I can also redo the title name to make it look like the main Tiny Toon title.

This Q&A is for any real 2600 programer, how comlects can I make each levels? If you had download my mockup Tiny Toon win game I made with Game-Maker you can see each levels and its playing felid how much I can use? Say in the first level where Elmyra you can see the uppper ground levels can I us more then one colors? like green grass and brown durt?

This Q&A is for any real 2600 programer, how comlects can I make each levels? If you had download my mockup Tiny Toon win game I made with Game-Maker you can see each levels and its playing felid how much I can use? Say in the first level where Elmyra you can see the uppper ground levels can I us more then one colors? like green grass and brown durt?

I had trouble with your mock-up; I could get it to run, but I couldn't figure out the controls. I mean, was I supposed to be able to make Babs jump, because I couldn't figure out how to, but how else was I supposed to get past Elmyra and complete the level? Does it require a joystick, or can I use the keyboard instead?

Anyway, yes, you can use different colors for the playfield, but it depends on how you want to do it. It's easy to change the playfield color from one scan line to the next, so you could have a scan line or two of green for the grass, then change the color to brown for the next several scan lines for the dirt, like this:

Level_1.bmp

You can also change the playfield color in the middle of a scan line, but there are limitations to how fast you can do that, and which positions you can make the color changes happen at, plus if you do that then you have to get the timing just right to make the change occur where you want it to.

Your new title screen *looks* good, but you've made the playfield pixels too small; they're twice as wide as you've made them, so you won't actually be able to create that title screen. :( I thought your original title screen looked fine, and the mock-up I made for it positioned the capital "T" of "Tiny" and "Toon" so that you wouldn't need to change the PF0 register from one half of the screen to the next, but you'd still have to change PF1 and PF2 from the left side to the right side.

I think your game looks doable, if you stick with what the 2600 is capable of graphically.

Michael Rideout

I had trouble with your mock-up; I could get it to run, but I couldn't figure out the controls. I mean, was I supposed to be able to make Babs jump, because I couldn't figure out how to, but how else was I supposed to get past Elmyra and complete the level? Does it require a joystick, or can I use the keyboard instead?

Anyway, yes, you can use different colors for the playfield, but it depends on how you want to do it. It's easy to change the playfield color from one scan line to the next, so you could have a scan line or two of green for the grass, then change the color to brown for the next several scan lines for the dirt, like this:

Level_1.bmp

You can also change the playfield color in the middle of a scan line, but there are limitations to how fast you can do that, and which positions you can make the color changes happen at, plus if you do that then you have to get the timing just right to make the change occur where you want it to.

Your new title screen *looks* good, but you've made the playfield pixels too small; they're twice as wide as you've made them, so you won't actually be able to create that title screen. :( I thought your original title screen looked fine, and the mock-up I made for it positioned the capital "T" of "Tiny" and "Toon" so that you wouldn't need to change the PF0 register from one half of the screen to the next, but you'd still have to change PF1 and PF2 from the left side to the right side.

I think your game looks doable, if you stick with what the 2600 is capable of graphically.

Michael Rideout

It dont have to be 100% like the mockup one I made it could be almost completly deffint game then the mockup game I made oh and as for how to control Babs from tha game I made I didnt know how to make a good controls on the game maker so I used the up as jump and the left and right only and on the game play the piont is to reschto Buster or Plucky to end a level, sorry thats theres no score but again Im still new in making that kind of game. And I wanted to have score on this real game. and maybe even a new way of playing.

Edited by Atariboy2600

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there guys ! You all know that Atariboy was trying to complete this game , but this was back in 2001 . And when I saw how cute this game was , I offered to help making some new features like Lifebar , Score , etc. BUT unfortunatelly , he doesn't remember where he has put his game's sourcecode , so I had to start from scratch :( . So , except the sprites which I took from the game using Print Screen :D , I couldn't reproduce anything from the initial game ... like movement , gravity , etc. So , don't expect the game to move like it did initially :( . Anyway , it looks pretty much as an exact replica , which I am proud of :D , so enjoy ;) . Be sure to read the Readme.txt and press F1 in game to read the game's manual . I await your replys :) And if you like the game , even though I made it , don't forget it wouldn't have been created if it weren't for Atariboy ;) Cheers mate !!! ;)

http://rapidshare.de/files/18291381/Tiny_T..._Space.exe.html

Edited by NES Console

• 3 weeks later...

boy...remembers me my snes game... "da dada...da dada...dada.dadadadada"... (title musix... ;))

i love your drawings but ever thought why you would go for 2600? what about the 5200? or atari800? would this not fit more perfect to your drawings?

boy...remembers me my snes game... "da dada...da dada...dada.dadadadada"... (title musix... ;))

i love your drawings but ever thought why you would go for 2600? what about the 5200? or atari800? would this not fit more perfect to your drawings?

Yea but Im a 2600 whore and I love the unit too much not to port anything and TTA is one of them :D

• 14 years later...