IGNORED

The Last Starfighter Arcade Game: FULL VERSION!

This is bloody excellent. Attract mode is uncannily close to the movie version.

I left it on while making a cup of coffee, and my son woke up, walked out and just stared at the thing like he was dreaming. We just watched the movie the other night and my guess is that somehow the sounds connected the dots for him and drew him out of his sleep.

Good show, Starfighters! Seriously hard to control but spot on otherwise.

This guy also has a version of Space Paranoids on there for any that are interested. :)

ENCOM MX 16-923 USER # 0176825 06:00 INFORMATION

VIDEO GAME PROGRAM: SPACE PARANOIDS

ANNEXED 9/22 BY E. DILLINGER

ORIGINAL PROGRAM WRITTEN BY K. FLYNN

THIS INFORMATION PRIORITY ONE

END OF LINE

Tempest

:lol:

Oh yeah, I forgot about who originally wrote that program. :D

I still need to try it out sometime.

im a huge last star fighter fan, and i love fan works like this. I hope one day, somehow, the actual atari-made arcade proto surfaces so we can at lest see what it was like, until then this'll do. and, yea, the tron arcade game he made is excellent, I've really enjoyed it.

I have gotten a lot of emails and tracked threads about the controls. I originally designed it for a MAME interface so really intended a keyboard input scheme for iPac. I have gotten a ton of requests for joystick support and have integrated that already. The compiler still does not allow the versatility I would like for the joystick (right now, a joystick mouse combo seems best- I cannot map the reticle to the JS hat). I was wondering if anyone knew of a shareware program that would keymap a joystick. I have downloaded "Total Game Control" and will see if that does the trick. Any other programs people know of to accomplish this?

Doc

im a huge last star fighter fan, and i love fan works like this. I hope one day, somehow, the actual atari-made arcade proto surfaces so we can at lest see what it was like, until then this'll do.

Namco´s STARBLADE is what´s left of the code, I believe. Namco bought parts of Atari in the late eighties and converted the leftover code from TLS into their own rail-shooter.

MAME emulation is quite good, but even better, there´s an arcade perfect version on the PSX (even includes an updated and better looking version).

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up, the newest version of STARFIGHTER is available for download. New features include:

7-6 1-0 Fixed lighting glitch on Logo Demo

7-6 1-1 Fixed Music Single play (have to reload each time)

7-6 1-1 Made Attract sounds less frequent/added timer

7-6 1-2 Added toggle for soundefx during attract

7-6 1-3 Adding mousefire and mame weapon toggle

7-6 1-4 Death Blossom occasional malfunction

7-6 1-5 Pts 1-7 Integrating Variable Resolutions

7-6 1-6 Finished variable res/Intro shows in attract occasionally

7-6 1-7 New Centauri logo

7-6 1-8 Joystick incorporation

7-6 1-9 Fixed missile glitch in Death Blossom

7-6 2-0 Variable Turret Speeds

7-6 2-1 Variable Turret Speeds- Diagnostic mode variable

7-6 2-1 DOWNLOAD VERSION 5-1-6

There is limited joystick support but there are several freeware keymappers listed in the readme that should allow mapping to any peripheral. Also look for a fixed "Bishop of Battle" teaser and a teaser for "The War of the Worlds" arcade redeux (should be up in the next few days).

As always, www.roguesynapse.com for the downloads.

Doc

Just a heads up, the newest version of STARFIGHTER is available for download. New features include:

7-6 1-0 Fixed lighting glitch on Logo Demo

7-6 1-1 Fixed Music Single play (have to reload each time)

7-6 1-1 Made Attract sounds less frequent/added timer

7-6 1-2 Added toggle for soundefx during attract

7-6 1-3 Adding mousefire and mame weapon toggle

7-6 1-4 Death Blossom occasional malfunction

7-6 1-5 Pts 1-7 Integrating Variable Resolutions

7-6 1-6 Finished variable res/Intro shows in attract occasionally

7-6 1-7 New Centauri logo

7-6 1-8 Joystick incorporation

7-6 1-9 Fixed missile glitch in Death Blossom

7-6 2-0 Variable Turret Speeds

7-6 2-1 Variable Turret Speeds- Diagnostic mode variable

7-6 2-1 DOWNLOAD VERSION 5-1-6

There is limited joystick support but there are several freeware keymappers listed in the readme that should allow mapping to any peripheral. Also look for a fixed "Bishop of Battle" teaser and a teaser for "The War of the Worlds" arcade redeux (should be up in the next few days).

As always, www.roguesynapse.com for the downloads.

Doc

wow, I never knew that. I always felt the psx version of starblade was weak compared to the 3do version. Maybe that (the last star fighter connection,) explains why starblade is one of the few 'fmv/on rails' type shooters that I actually enjoyed... But i'd still love to see what the real not-on-rails atari arcade game would have been like...

Good new gang the FULL VERSION of the completed Starfighter arcade game is ready for download!

The Last Starfighter Game Page.

screen1.gif

screen2.gif

ships.jpg

Atariboy2600 that Last Starfighter Game looks sweet, I wish somebody could port it over to the Playstation, or the PS2, or even the Space Paranoids ported to the PS1, or the PS2 would be cool!!

• 1 month later...

I was watching Superman III tonight (bite me, I like it.) and I was thinking it'd be cool to have a game like in the movie where you shoot rockets at Superman. A game like that couldn't be done back then of course, but today (or even in 1990+) it could have been done easily.

So, how about it? :D

I was watching Superman III tonight (bite me, I like it.) and I was thinking it'd be cool to have a game like in the movie where you shoot rockets at Superman. A game like that couldn't be done back then of course, but today (or even in 1990+) it could have been done easily.

So, how about it? :D

heh, that's the one w/ the 2600 sound fx, right?

• 4 months later...

I just found this thread. So Starblade arcade was originally based on Last Starfighter game... that explains why I liked playing ti so much. I did notice some similarities though like the shield.

Now I really need to get my own Starblade cockpit so I can cheat for unlimited plays (no more quarters) and play it to the end.

I just found this thread. So Starblade arcade was originally based on Last Starfighter game... that explains why I liked playing ti so much. I did notice some similarities though like the shield.

Now I really need to get my own Starblade cockpit so I can cheat for unlimited plays (no more quarters) and play it to the end.

Starblade is rockhard. I doubt anybody can finish this sucker on one credit. It doesn´t allow for unlimited continues either (max 5 IIRC) and with that I haven´t even seen the end yet.

The graphics in Superman III were done on an Atari 8-bit home computer.

Really?

Actually I thought they were just done by Atari for the movie. There's no way those graphics could have been done on an Atari 8-bit. There WAS however a Superman III game made for the Atari 8-bit, although it looks nothing like what you see in the movie.

Tempest

Actually I thought they were just done by Atari for the movie. There's no way those graphics could have been done on an Atari 8-bit. There WAS however a Superman III game made for the Atari 8-bit, although it looks nothing like what you see in the movie.

Tempest

Here's an interesting article that discusses the effects sequence, but it doesn't actually say what kind of computer was used. Just that Warner Brothers bought $95,000 worth of equipment:

http://www.supermancinema.co.uk/superman3/...atari/index.htm

..Al

• 13 years later...

After one day of searching for an available link for download I can share with you my friends:

The Last Starfighter version 7-6 2-2 (and older inside)

https://www.softpaz.com/games/download-the-last-starfighter-game-7930.htm

SPACE PARANOIDS 3-3

https://www.softpaz.com/games/download-space-paranoids-game-7929.htm

If this link is not working in the future don't hesitate to contact me, I will upload on my mega.nz

Thank you roguesynapse for sharing your work. Great add for an arcade cabinet.

Sure if anybody have the last update for the games we will be glad to find his link posted here.

Edited by coin