IGNORED

Jum Pong Paddle Control Hack Request

Shawn

Hey All,

I know alot of people have asked quite a few times for quite a few different games to have the controls inverted, button configs changed, ect. And most of the time there requests get filled so I thought I would ask for one if anyone would please.

I would like jumpog version 2 to have the controlls changed from using up and down to control the "pong paddle" to left and right. I ask this so that it can be played with the 5200 paddle controller as I prefer the paddle when playing pong not the joystick.

Also if anyone is up to the task how about making the "pong paddle" about 60 to 75 percent of its current size as I find it's too hard to score points with such large paddles, but the control part of the requested hack is first and formost, the paddle size is just an ask not a requirment as beggar's can't be choosers :) Attached is 32k buffed up version that is set to work on real hardware.

Cheers & Thanks In Advance,

Shawn Sr.

He he he

I'm interested to know if kenfused is modifying jumpong2.bas and recompiling it using 5200Basic, or hacking the binary?

jumpong2 already has a "paddle" mode (use * and # to switch between joystick and paddle), but I never tested it on real hardware.

Anyone interested can study or modify the source code (jumpong2.bas) that's inclluded with Jum52 Version 1.0

- Jum

He he he

I'm interested to know if kenfused is modifying jumpong2.bas and recompiling it using 5200Basic, or hacking the binary?

I just quickly hacked the bin.

jumpong2 already has a "paddle" mode (use * and # to switch between joystick and paddle), but I never tested it on real hardware.

The explains why it is reading both the vertical and horizonal directions. I had a hard time finding much info on the game. It was in a zip that was around and their was a little blurb in the docs but that was all I could find. Didnt think to check for the basic file

Anyone interested can study or modify the source code (jumpong2.bas) that's inclluded with Jum52 Version 1.0

- Jum