IGNORED

Best atari game ever made

atari_2600_master

This is somewhat silly, because it's so subjective and has been a contentious debate for thirty years, but here are your likely replies...

Kaboom, river raid, pitfall, adventure, yar's revenge..

of course, this sidesteps games that weren't as famous but kicked far more butt, such as H.E.R.O., montezuma's revenge, solaris & gravitar, fathom, dragonstomper, etc.

My favorite?.. ... .. megamania

Edited by stop_rebel_scum

I'll second Thrust+. I've been playing that like a fiend since I got it.

Best... 2600... game... ever.

You can never get tired of discussing this topic, can you? :)

My "core" collection of "really" good 2600 games includes (in ranked order)...

Thrust

Klax

Hero

Real Sports Tennis

Pitfall2

Edtris

Midnight Magic

My Golf

Defender2/Stargate

JR Pac Man

Regards,

Moderntimes99

I like Starship :(

I wouldn't say it's anywhere near my favorite, though. Adventure is probably at the top of the list, but also high on the list are Missile Command, Space Invaders, Dragonfire, Atlantis, Cosmic Ark, Star Voyager, Stampede, Dolphin, Chopper Command, Kaboom (needs to be played with real paddle controllers), Circus Atari, Video Pinball, Caverns of Chaos, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Maze Craze, Kool-Aid Man, Space Attack, Frogs 'n Flies...

So difficult to pick just one. There are very few Atari games that weren't my "favorite" for a short time, even if it was something mediocre (but still playable) like Planet Patrol or Cosmic Creeps.

Of course, as usual, the "Master" asked a loaded question. It's easy to say what games are your favorite, but pretty much impossible to state which game is the "best".

-DS-

Edited by Raiu

To me - Space Invaders, because it was so well done on the VCS that it turned the Atari VCS into a multi-million-selling phenomenon, and made all the other limitation busting Atari games after it possible. But I'm biased because Space Invaders was the reason I got an Atari in the first place.