IGNORED

Using a PC Monitor

Going to resurrect this old topic.

Finally got all the Atari stuff out of storage and going to work on copying everything off to put onto my RetroPie. Managed to get an old computer running XP and have the v-stream video card in the pci slot. Even found the drivers as there are no ??? in the manage computer hardware section.

Plugged the 800 into the card using the 5 pin mini-din which has is already wired for an s-video output.

What I can't get is output onto the monitor.

I know it's working as I have an 810 plugged in set as D1 and it does boot up. No sound, no video though :(

Any thoughts, ideas, help?

Thanks!!!

The Atari's signal seems to throw off certain tvs and video capture cards. My LCD TV needs to be power cycled after the Atari is on to get it to sync, and I've never gotten my cheap USB video capture device to show anything. But, my old mini-dv camera can work as a media converter to firewire, and it does show a signal.

So basically, I am no help. :-)

Hmmmm. No, you may be :) I have an old converter box that I bought years ago to connect my VCR to the Mac to convert old tapes to DVDs. It has composite and (I think) S-Video inputs, Maybe I could get that working on the PC and feed it through there instead of the tv card.

Basically, I just want to see the screen to make sure that the disks are loading and see what's on them before copying them using APE - need to find my copy of that too :)

Thanks!!