IGNORED

My first Intellivision

liveinabin

Sorry, this one's a bit self indulgent.

Just got my first ever Intellivision (I've never seen or played one before)

I've got the master component (what a great name ) and the intellivoice unit. The speech in Tron - Solar Sailer is totally mindblowing - there's emotion there!!

Those controllers are a bit odd though aren't they. Not half as bad as everyone's been saying, but I wouldn't want to change direction with em in a hurry.

Atari VCS still rules though

Anyway, what games should I get for my new teak wonder?

I have Space Spartans. its pretty good (speech is good) but theres too much hanging around crippled while your ship repairs.

Solar Sailer is my favourite game so far.

I can't get on with Auto Racing at all. But then I hated Super Sprint as well

Yeah, keep em coming - this is good

• 2 weeks later...

My recommendations:

Utopia - This game is basically a competitive, simplified SimCity kind of game. I haven't actually put a lot of play into it, but it's definitely ahead of it's time, and totally worth a mention.

Treasure of Tarmin - A 3D dungeon crawl game. Imagine an 80's version of Eye of the Beholder or Dungeon Master. I'm always impressed by this game every time I play it Not only are the graphics amazing, but the game itself is actually quite fun too!

Dragonfire - If you don't already have the Atari version. This one is slightly better, with an archer added to the opening screen (He only starts firing when you get to later castles).

Pitfall - Well, actually, it's the same as the Atari version... but hey, it's a staple

Any Sports Game - I'm not much into sports games... but there was a reason that this system was known for these kinds of games.

--Zero

Here is my history involving Intelivision

Back in 1984 my Girlfriend had a Intelivision and we played Happy Trails constantly, then when we broke up in 1992 i offered to buy it off of her, i payed $25 for the system and 20 games, then in 1996 she calls me up and asks to buy it back

--I said what for

-she said cause she wants to play it

--i said ok fine how much do you want to pay?

-she said $25 like i sold it to you

--I said no thanks thats to low now the system is worth that alone now, plus i have 14 new games for it

*after 10 min of bickering*

i sold it back to her for $50

so i used that money at the flea market to get a new system w/Box, intelivioce w/box and 25 games (that i liked)for $35

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Lemmi ]

quote:

Originally posted by Lemmi:

*after 10 min of bickering*

i sold it back to her for $50

I was expecting this to end, "And after 10 minutes of bickering, I invited her over to play Happy Trails and a few days after that we ended up getting back together." Then you'd have an even more interesting Intellivision tale to tell. Heh.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

I was expecting this to end, "And after 10 minutes of bickering, I invited her over to play Happy Trails and a few days after that we ended up getting back together." Then you'd have an even more interesting Intellivision tale to tell. Heh.

..Al

NO WAY i would rather have stuck pencil's in my eyes then to get back together with that woman

• 3 weeks later...

While I've had an inty sitting in my cupboard for a little while (snagged one among a large windfall of various systems...), I had no games to play

However, yesterday I managed to pick up another console (soon to be traded), & the following games:

Burgertime (fairly decent

Happy Trails (not bad to play)

Dracula

Safecracker (no clues on how to play this...)

& Q*bert

All of this was among a lot of other things I picked up.

Played the inty well into the night, but still prefer the 2600... inty controllers suck too much (not enough weight, so they don't feel right).

It's an ok system though, wish I had the voice module...

my intellivsion II would be cool, but both controllers are missing 1 button and one of them has number pad buttons that doesn't work. AND IT MAKES ME MAD!!!!

and i cant even play early non mattel games :S WHAT A MESS!! THE DAMN THING COST ME 10BUCKS!

then i found out i needed another adapter for it too!

4 MORE BUCKS!!!!!

then i needed a game!

2 MORE BUCKS FOR ASTROSMASH??????

THEN I REALIZED I SPENT 16 BUCKS ON A CONSOLE I NEVER PLAY

(i cant count, time to play basic math on the 2600! i said 15...)

THEN I REALIZED THAT I HATE MY INTELLIVISION

then i sighed and rolled defender.

ohh the life of a videogamer.

at least i might be getting the oh so longed for XEGS soon!!!

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Atari-Jess ]

Its a shame, there are some good titles on Intellivision. I still love Tron-solar sailer. However, the interface is absolutely awful.

Mind, even though my INTV cost me a load of cash (they're well expensive in UK), my brother and I are gonna rip it to bits over Xmas and recase it (with voice unit built in this time) with some modified Jag controllers. I'll keep you posted