IGNORED

Atari/ Sears Telegames Pong Value? Rarity?

I have no idea where to post this topic. So feel free to move it or ask me to move it.

I just picked up a Sears Telegames Pong system. It is not the common Pong IV system. I belive it is the first one. It has the styrofoam and box and is in great condition. I was wondering if anyone knows how rare it is, or it's value.

I'm pretty certain it is identical to this one. (Mine has the cover that says atari)

http://cgi.ebay.com/1975-Original-Sears-Te...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for your time

I will definitely entertain trade offers. I don't have much interest in this personally I just knew it was something worth picking up.

Mine is in much better condition than the one in the auction.... But I still don't expect it to be worth that much. It would be nice though haha

Edited by coreycorey2000

It's tough. The Atari one (identical mechanically) complete is maybe $50-$100. The Sears one is tough- the Sears pongs are generally worth half or less than their Atari counterparts. I'd love to get your for the foam, but I'm more prone to a trade. www.ianoid.com PM me if interested.

ian

I belive it is the first one. It has the styrofoam and box and is in great condition. I was wondering if anyone knows how rare it is, or it's value.

Yup, that's the first Pong. Sears was the first to market Pong home consoles for Atari using the Tele-Games name, and then Atari began to sell them under their own name as well. The Sears version is harder to find than the Atari one but usually sells for less because of the name on it, and they aren't rare in any case.

If yours is identical to the one in the auction it is almost complete. The On/Off switch should have a plastic cover piece over it that says 'Atari' on it.

The price for the one in the auction is rather ambitious. Unlikely it will sell at that price.

• Like 1

pongs typically aren't worth shit, and if anybody holds out for even a litltle while, they will find one for dirt cheap. i've got a small stack of different pong consoles, including the one pictured, all cib and i've never payed more than 30 dollars shipped for any of them. i just don't see much of a market for them out there really. there's not that many hardcore pong collectors i don't think, and the few there are likely already have one.

• 3 weeks later...
I noticed that auction. I'm offering mine to the second highest bidder. The one I have has the on/off Atari cover. As well as the styrofoam lid and power supply. If he isn't interested it looks like I should stick it up on ebay. I'd be happy with $200.

Thanks for pointing it out. And congrats on the sale

The 2nd highest bidder seems pretty eager, and since yours is more complete, he should be happy to buy it. Good luck.