superjudge3

Bubsy - Your opinions

On 9/30/2021 at 2:43 AM, Buffalo Biff Burgertime said:

@doctorclu How many times have you been Bubsy for Halloween?

Never for Halloween.  I know, I'm shocked too.

It has been cool the Bubsy advertisements that Accolade did for Bubsy for the last two games for Halloween.

For Woolies Strike Back they did this one...

For Paws on Fire they featured this one with all the playable characters on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/BubsyThe_Bobcat/status/1057439917444259840

1800409558_ScreenShot2021-10-01at2_09_26PM.png.478742ce6f3f2fe36b0da8cc9638ec1f.png

It is obvious the promo people for Bubsy were big Marvel fans as he keeps dressing in Marvel costumes ...

1750896916_ScreenShot2021-10-01at2_15_04PM.thumb.png.bf1515d6d72327d61b24f20f6cbdf578.png

A couple years ago I tried pretty hard to get as far as I could in Bubsy 3 for Jaguar, but I just couldn't defeat the first boss. It's great that it uses passwords though because people share those and I could try some later levels even if I'm stuck on that boss.

I found The Woolies Strike Back to be a huge improvement in play control compared to any of the four classic games. I was only disappointed in how short it was and how few level tropes there were. I beat that game but just didn't 100% it.

I really think the Jaguar could have benefited from more than just a couple console exclusive platformers. Bubsy 3 and Zool 2 are pretty much it, Rayman ended up being only a timed exclusive that ended up on Playstation and Saturn, and everything else was also on Genesis/Sega CD (Flashback, Pitfall The Myan Adventure).

These days homebrewers don't do much to expand the genre's availability on Jaguar either. So far all I've noticed were the two Dizzy ports.

I wonder if Gex would be technically possible on Jaguar if 3DO was able to handle it. Even if the music had to be converted to chiptune.

Edited by TheGameCollector

On 10/7/2021 at 2:22 AM, TheGameCollector said:

A couple years ago I tried pretty hard to get as far as I could in Bubsy 3 for Jaguar, but I just couldn't defeat the first boss. It's great that it uses passwords though because people share those and I could try some later levels even if I'm stuck on that boss.

I found The Woolies Strike Back to be a huge improvement in play control compared to any of the four classic games. I was only disappointed in how short it was and how few level tropes there were. I beat that game but just didn't 100% it.

I really think the Jaguar could have benefited from more than just a couple console exclusive platformers. Bubsy 3 and Zool 2 are pretty much it, Rayman ended up being only a timed exclusive that ended up on Playstation and Saturn, and everything else was also on Genesis/Sega CD (Flashback, Pitfall The Myan Adventure).

These days homebrewers don't do much to expand the genre's availability on Jaguar either. So far all I've noticed were the two Dizzy ports.

I wonder if Gex would be technically possible on Jaguar if 3DO was able to handle it. Even if the music had to be converted to chiptune.

Gex probably would have music and voice would of been issues on cart, maybe cd.

The problem was outside of Rayman, all platforms on jag look 16 bit, even both versions of tiny tools, flashback, pitfall, bubsy, zool.

They were a tiny bit better but not enough to show off 64 bit or something that wasn't the same or better on the 16 biters.

Bubsy has bad level designs, most platforms start off easy and work way up teaching you new moves, Bubsy starts off hard with several spots you can't get past with out getting killed.

Also while bubsy was an exclusive I feel few are aware, maybe should of been called bubsy 3.