IGNORED

Little Displaylist Text Tool

I just resumed 7800 programming and again it was annoying to create the displaylists especially the "calculation" of the palette/text length byte for text output.

That's why I hacked a little tool where you can enter the string, choose the palette and the program creates the displaylist string for you.

You can just copy & paste it to your code.

Maybe it's useful for some of you (at least it’s useful for me ;))

.NET framework 1.1 is required.

dl_texttool.zip

I just resumed 7800 programming and again it was annoying to create the displaylists especially the "calculation" of the palette/text length byte for text output.

That's why I hacked a little tool where you can enter the string, choose the palette and the program creates the displaylist string for you.

I haven't tried 7800 programming yet, but I downloaded your tool for when I eventually do. Thank you for sharing it! :)

Michael Rideout

• 1 year later...

Sorry for responding so late but I started looking at 7800 programming again. Just so I'm clear...doesn't this do the same a the XHEADER macro in maria.h?

I don't know because I don't know the macro or even maria.h.

What it does is simple.

You enter a text, a palette number a label and a position then the tool displays a line you can copy & paste in your displaylist source.

It looks like this ".byte <label,$60,>label,$f5,$10" for "Hello world", palette 7, adress "label" and postion $10.

Sorry for responding so late but I started looking at 7800 programming again. Just so I'm clear...doesn't this do the same a the XHEADER macro in maria.h?