IGNORED

Taito Legends 2?

The PC version, which has the same as the Xbox one...

It seems the PS2 has less games...

I finally played it a little.... Space Invaders 95 is awesome! :lust:

Cool, so either way I'll be covered. I might go for the Xbox version on this one. It's great to see Dungeon Magic on the list, that's one I've wanted to play for a long time.

GAH! :x

I'm not playing anymore until they release a patch!

It crashed THREE times playing Bonze Adventure.... At the FINAL BATLLE...

It also crashed while playing Elevator Action Returns.... :sad:

Which version did you buy? (PC I'm guessing if it could use a patch)

Yes, the PC one, it crashes each time I die fighting the final boss, and I doubt it's my PCs fault, tech support says they are working on it...

Here we are on TAITO LEGENDS 2 and still

no L.S.A. Squad (Storming Party) or

Ninja Warriors!

:x

I honestly don't know what Taito is smoking

to leave off two of their coolest games off

these compiler discs.

They are also still missing Space Dungeon (a HUGE personal favorite!), all the Arkanoid games, all the Double Dragon games, and Chase HQ. Hopefully, there will be a Taito Legends 3 that contains the rest of their classics! (And of course, a U.S. release for Legends 2!)

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone played and beaten Bonze Adventure? They finally patched the game, and even though I find the game easy, the boss were the game crashes seems undefeatable!

I used up all the special moves and he was still alive, I tried to hit and survive as long as possible, but he just WON'T DIE!

So either the final boss is way too hard, or the patch did something weird?

I noticed the candle timer never seemed to move either...

all the Double Dragon games

Double Dragon is Technos, not Taito. Taito only distributed the arcade game in the US. Taito didn't design Double Dragon, nor do they own the rights to it. Double Dragon is owned by a company named Million which is made up of former Technos employees.

• 1 month later...
Double Dragon is Technos, not Taito. Taito only distributed the arcade game in the US. Taito didn't design Double Dragon, nor do they own the rights to it. Double Dragon is owned by a company named Million which is made up of former Technos employees.

Thanks for the information. It's so hard to tell who owns what when it comes to classic arcade games!

• 1 month later...

Finally gave up on waiting for a US release and purchased Taito Legends 2 off of Ebay (for PC). Once again, it's a very nice release, and once again they have MAME compatible ROM folders!

(Not sure it's one hundred percent legally kosher to use those files with MAME, but they made no attempt to hide, rename, or encrypt the files, so it's hard to imagine they were that would be strongly opposed to their use in that way by paying customers.)

They are also still missing Space Dungeon (a HUGE personal favorite!), all the Arkanoid games, all the Double Dragon games, and Chase HQ. Hopefully, there will be a Taito Legends 3 that contains the rest of their classics! (And of course, a U.S. release for Legends 2!)

I read an interview a while back with a guy who works for the game developer/publisher and he addressed both Arkanoid and Chase HQ. He said that Taito refused to license Arkanoid for inclusion on the Legends compilations. He wasn't sure exactly why, but he believed it involved legal issues with other companies like Atari and Nintendo over similar ball and paddle games (Breakout and Alleyway, respectively). Chase HQ will not be included due to licensing issues with various car manufacturers (namely Ferrari and Lamborghini) and the high costs associated with renewing such licenses.

I'm pretty sure Arkanoid was created by Taito. Romstar was just an arcade game distributor; they also brought some of Capcom's early coin-ops to the United States.

JR

Yes, Arkanoid was created by the glorius Taito! Another reason why they own!