IGNORED

Coco Loco

bear69designs

Has anyone ever seen or played a Pac-Man knockoff called "Coco Loco"? I played it in Lafayette, Indiana circa 1981, and I can't find any info on it anywhere. Just curious to find out if I was dreaming. Thanks for any info or recollections.

I am the official keeper of the pacman ripoff information and I've not heard of it so you must be dreaming. Just kidding. There were way to many of them to keep track of. Some of the ones we know about we only have a single screenshot of. Most of the pacman ripoffs evolved over time. If you can remember what was different about it from pacman maybe I can narrow it down to one that was almost the same. Pacman doesn't have a title screen so they could put anything on the marquee they wanted.

BTW one of the last remaining known missing pachacks showed up in my mailbox the other day. Abscam by US Billiards.

abscam1.jpg

abscam2.jpg

hi, I´m interested in clones/ripoffs of pacman/ms pacman, this question is a bit off-topic but... anyone knows if this is dumped?

http://www.mameworld.net/robbie/mspactwn.htm

It is not. I'm not real optimstic about it getting dumped. Coincidentally before I'd seen that version I had written a similar one called Mr and Mrs Pacman. It's part of the 96 in 1 it might be in misfit mame, I'm not sure.

I realize most folks on here are programmers, but I am not; I am an artist. So, I won't speculate on whether this Coco Loco was a hack or a knockoff or whatever, I'll just describe it the best I can, and the experts can go from there.

It was in a stand-up cabinet, which I believe had Pac-Man art on it. I can't remember what the marquee said. As I recall, the mazes were different. I remember the scale of the playfield and characters being different, with larger mazes and smaller characters. The Pac-type character was called "Coco Loco" and he was drawn and animated with a more flexible and narrower shape: he looked sort of like a banana peel when he deflated after being touched by a ghost.

This game was located in the lobby of a Holiday Inn hotel in Lafayette, Indiana.

Despite squandering my youth in arcades in several states I never realized there were as many Pac clones as there are. Maybe someone else has seen this one, but I guess it is a longer shot than I thought.

Thanks for the replies and info :)

• 12 years later...