IGNORED

First person shooter.

walter_J64bit

• 1 year later...
Yes, I guess Battlezone 2000 and CyberVirus would be the closest u can come to a "first person shooter" on the Lynx.

Lucien Kleijkers created a nice 3D demo. Hopefully it will turn in to a game someday. I dont know if he still is working on that project?? :)

Also SIMIS has a 3D demo.

Very late reply, but no unfortunately I haven't been working on the 3D demo anymore.

Just too much work (at least at this time). That said I'm sure it could turn into a real 3d FPS but it has to be mostly assembler to pull it off.

Any chance Lucien, since your not planning on working on this anytime soon, you would release the demo so the rest of us geeks can play with it?

Please Please Please?

A demo was actually released on http://ataritimes.com/article.php?showarticle=157

I haven't made many changes after that (I did add action functions so in the last demo you could open a door after you found the key).

I have given the source to couple of lynx developers last week so maybe someone could finish it.

Perhaps I could finish it one day but for now I definitely won't have time:-(.

I do think a raytracer is definitely doable on a lynx. you can speed up the demo pressing option 1 and speed is quite acceptable.

I did notice that demo didn't have any objects. I've attached a newer version where you can pick up items and use action buttons to use them.

You can only in this demo unlock doors after retrieving some items.

Okay the attachment failed saying not permitted to upload this type of file. So not sure where to post it.

Edited by lucienEn

I did notice that demo didn't have any objects. I've attached a newer version where you can pick up items and use action buttons to use them.

You can only in this demo unlock doors after retrieving some items.

Okay the attachment failed saying not permitted to upload this type of file. So not sure where to post it.

Send it as an attachment in an email to me and I'll update the TAT page. Send it to ggeorge747@hotmail.com . ;)

Ok, I've updated the page with the latest version. You can get it here. (It's the Dec. 2004 version.)

Thanks Greg. The only thing really missing is collision detection and I was thinking to limit the amount of objects at any given time to 3 to make it simple.

If I ever have some time off I'll see I can finish the engine. I've forwarded the source code to couple of developers so maybe someone else will find the time to finish it.

• 2 weeks later...

It could easily do Wolfenstien typ of games. Perhaps even Doom, without to much trouble (since both of those are 2D games to begin with) I'd like to see one of those made for it. But eh..it'll never happen.

Perhaps a homebrew will come to it though.

The only FPS I can think of were unlreased though, and there are several TPS (steel talons, Xybots, etc)

It could easily do Wolfenstien typ of games. Perhaps even Doom, without to much trouble (since both of those are 2D games to begin with) I'd like to see one of those made for it. But eh..it'll never happen.

Perhaps a homebrew will come to it though.

The only FPS I can think of were unlreased though, and there are several TPS (steel talons, Xybots, etc)

Hmm... Doom and Wolf3D on the Lynx. iD buy that for a dollar. :D

Hmm... Doom and Wolf3D on the Lynx. iD buy that for a dollar. :D

CyberVirus is a FPS, and was published (by me) about 5 years ago for the Lynx. :D It is outdoors rather than indoors, which simplifies the math quite a bit, but still an impressive and fun game (but then, I'm biased ;) ).