IGNORED

What is your rarest A8 game?

Ross PK

Mine is Journey To The Planets on tape, it get's a 9/10 rarity rating.

Don't own many games, just a handfull, but I would guess that Galactic Chase by Spectrum Computers (tape) and Shooting Gallery by Analog Software (also tape) would be pretty rare.

- Steve Sheppard

I was told that 'cygnus x1' a tape prog by Atari only received limited distribution (or that atari only sold v. few units)

I sold my one to an AA/AM member

cygnus x1 was basically a v. poor 'buck rogers' clone

Also, although 'Thunderfox' was listed on silica shop's free catalog as being available on cartridge, according to the main programmer of 'thunderfox', who i knew personally, Atari never 'officially' released a cartridge version of thunderfox in the UK, mainly europe and the US only

(I did have a tape versionof thunderfox...and i was told that he also engaged in an st version of his first a8 game 'sidewinder' called 'sidewinder 68000' i don't know if he got it published/released or not)

Edited by carmel_andrews

I would have to say the 'rarest' that I "had" would be Rosens Brigade on tape, it was sorta a variation of River Raid.

I've noticed that many Atarians mention Journey to the Planets on tape, I only ever saw it on cart. I've also seen

posts about it having a different ending. As I remember, on the last planet which does have two toned earthly colors, there were other "Tie-Fighter" ships docked, and you had to land on the last available pad.

Another one I consider rare because I didn't know about till I joined this Forum is Tail of Beta Larae(sp?).

Hey Ross PK -- save me a bowl and I'll tell ya how to get the CandleBra on JTP's ;) ....hehe, couldn't resist....

I don't know if this is rare, but I used to have a strange Battlezone clone that came on disk and cartridge. No, not disk or cart-- disk AND cart. I suspect the cart just acted as a dongle.

Unfortunately I can't remember the name of it.

Assault Force by Supra/MPP perhaps? This was a disk-based game, with a cart that added some arithmetic functionality.

James Bond 007 Cart

The Halley Project. I have to find the box and even the Certificate I got for finishing.

Napoleon at Waterloo CIB Kentek version

Napoleon in Russia NIB

Wizard's Crown CIB

Combat Leader CIB

Phantasie CIB

Hacker CIB

Mail order Monsters

Racing destruction set

Ultima 3

Rescue on Fratalus! flippy w/ C64

Ballblazer flippy w/ C64

Pitstop flippy w/ C64

Temple of Apshai Trilogy

Super Huey

Miner 2049er silver label

Party Quiz game I have to find my controllers

2x Touchdown Football

Bruce Lee Datasoft flippy with C64 version

Pole Position Datasoft flippy with C64 version

Zaxxon cart by SEGA

Combat Chess I love to play this game.

Monster Smash and Round About by Datamost I threw away the box for MS when I was a kid and kept Round About

This is probably the most rare one I have

Space Games by Educational Software

These rare games were basicly bargain bin items. They were dirt cheap because most sucked. I remember getting most at Kaybee's, TRU, Service Merchandise, and Consumer's Distributing in Cali. Most were under $5 when I got them. I can't believe they are "rare"

Edited by Almost Rice