IGNORED

What is your most prized A8 possesion?

Ross PK

Of those mentioned games I had Journey To The Planets, Caverns Of Khafka and One Man And His Droid on tape, with Caverns of Khafka most noted and played. Simple graphics but great playabilty and fun. Most prized possesion is of course my Aatri 130XE. There are many games I owned on cassettes and played with lots of enjoyement: Kik-Start, Draconus, Miner 2049er, Montezuma Revenge, Last V8, The Last Starfighter, Rainbow Walker, Ninja, Chop Suey and so on.

I like Caverns Of Khafka a lot too, and I always used to play it when I was a kid.

I wouldn't say One Man And His Droid is that great, it's mainly the nostalgia reasons for why I put it on the list.

Oh yeah, and Rainbow Walker is excellent, I wish I still had it.

Edited by Ross PK

Yeah, I agree. For One Man And His Droid I think as a clone of other much better games. I liked Rainbow Walker very much, Kik-Start was a great motorcycle challenge for me and my friend, Last Starfighter had good impact because of the movie, Draconus is great in graphics and music. I could describe every feeling for every game mentioned here, but it is so much to say... :)

Eh, I forgot BMX simulator, great two-player challenge, and hard to play. Arkanoid was my favourite break-out style game to play. Miner 2049er was great for breaking high scores in lower levels. I liked funny BC's Quest For Tires, first game I played on my Atari. Of course me and my father had many troubles to get it run from cassette first day :)

And then we learned how to use this amazing machine :lust:

Hmmm - probably the heavily upgraded 800XL; 256K, 4 OS and Cupid Interface. Hoping to finally upgrade my spare 1050 with a Happy at some point, then THAT will be my most prized possession.

Software wise, it has to be my PL65 floppy.

Went back home to my parents' place a couple of weeks back. Had hoped to bring back the rest of my 2600 and A8 stuff. Brought back my original 1982 VCS (another prized possession) and spare 1050 ... but most of my Atari User mags seem to have been thrown out AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! Along with my PL65 manual - DOUBLE AAAAAAAAAARGH!

My most prized is probably my 8bit ICD stuff. Multi I/O, SpartaDos X, R-Time8, Printer Connection, P:R: Connection, SpartaDos Construction Set, RamboXL Upgrades. I was quite the ICD fanatic back in the day.

As far as systems, I still have my original 800XL that I have had since about 1984. Also my 'like new' boxed 1200XL with upgraded XL OS and built in Basic, Happy 1050 w/ controller switches and 4 XF-551 drives boxed. I plan on doing the 3.5 drive upgrade to one of those.

Edited by Guitarman

I'd have to say my 800 XL w/ 256K + UltraSpeed Plus OS. My Ultima III and Ultima IV boxes are prized too. MAC/65 cartridge also. My collection of Antic and Analog mags too. But most importantly my very own programs. Not just the executable, but the source code. It's amazing when you look back at your own source code - very prized.

My most prized hardware item has to be the 2x Super Archiver (KIWI) drives. Loved them back in the day, love them now.

Software: Knowing I own all my favorite games available on cart, on cartridge (60 odd)

My near full set of Atari User and New Atari User(PAGE6) mags.

I used to own a proper/pucka Indus GT drive (never officially imported or released in the UK) although i had to buy an AC/DV polarity switchable adapter for the drive as it wouldn't work properly with the 1050 one)

I do still own a 256k upgraded 800xl w/built in o/s controller card (and all the disks as well

Well i guess it has to be my MAC 65 without it i would never have written any games for the Atari. The Atari ASM Editor was so slow you could not use it to write a game. Along side this would be my 1050 happy drive as this was fun playing around with making protection routines.

Andy

HW: my 800+, ATR8000 w/ Copower88, Trak AT-D2

SW: Mule

Until I discovered SIO2PC interfaces I would have said my ATR8000 is my favorite A8 possession.

Now that my disk library has been reproduced on my PC and I no longer use the ATR8000 I'd have to say my 800 (100% stock) and my OSS Action! cartridge are equally my favorites.

Gotta love the 800XL that was given to me, though. It's fun to modify.

My mods are ugly but they were fun to do/try.

- Steve Sheppard

Edited by a8isa1

HW: my 800+, ATR8000 w/ Copower88, Trak AT-D2

SW: Mule

Until I discovered SIO2PC interfaces I would have said my ATR8000 is my favorite A8 possession.

Now that my disk library has been reproduced on my PC and I no longer use the ATR8000 I'd have to say my 800 (100% stock) and my OSS Action! cartridge are equally my favorites.

Gotta love the 800XL that was given to me, though. It's fun to modify.

My mods are ugly but they were fun to do/try.

- Steve Sheppard

My 800+ is my favorite at the moment. warerat has got me hooked on playing with my 800 since I can run XL software on it now. I cant wait until it has 1MB or ram and IDE. The ATR was useful in its day. Now its just in storage. my 800XLs were my favorite to modify, but I the 800 just has more room.

I've enjoyed the MyIde 800 interface for the 800 and Warerat's XL mod. Can't wait to see the XL board with the added memory!

At the moment since that is being worked on, I do enjoy the Lantronix UDS-10 mixed with the 19.2K interface that I got from Rick D. Naturally with me I am all about BBS's and chatting with the 800.

Software, probably my Star Raiders, Joust, Archon, and Wizard of Wor carts.

I got a lot of enjoyment from my Touch Tablet back in the day. I created some rather impressive

images with it and Atari Artist (I don't seem to have cart. anymore). My "SkyCity" image which

was actually a moon base looked better than any graphics in AliAnts(sp?).

Game Favorite -- Ahem, has to be Alternate Reality City for disk, Wizard of Wor & BC Quest for cart.

BTW, Ross PK -- whatcha' smokin' in that pipe? I'm 34 and was a teen when Caverns of Khafka by Cosmi was

released. The guy who gave it to me failed to mention that I needed to hold down Option when booting from tape, I must have loaded a hundred times before figuring it out.

Also, you look entirely too laid up in that hot tub smokin' gunji....hehe

BTW, Ross PK -- whatcha' smokin' in that pipe? I'm 34 and was a teen when Caverns of Khafka by Cosmi was

released. The guy who gave it to me failed to mention that I needed to hold down Option when booting from tape, I must have loaded a hundred times before figuring it out.

That reminds me first Atar i got was a 400 and it had a copy of Air Strike with it. Spent most of Xmas morning trying to load the game and could not get it to work. The finally read the game instruction and it said advance the tape to 9 on the tape counter to load

I got a lot of enjoyment from my Touch Tablet back in the day. I created some rather impressive

images with it and Atari Artist (I don't seem to have cart. anymore). My "SkyCity" image which

was actually a moon base looked better than any graphics in AliAnts(sp?).

Game Favorite -- Ahem, has to be Alternate Reality City for disk, Wizard of Wor & BC Quest for cart.

Also, you look entirely too laid up in that hot tub smokin' gunji....hehe

Yeah, I've always had a taste for the finer things in life. :P

Edited by Ross PK

• 1 year later...