IGNORED

What's the status of Atari800WinPlus4.0 ?

Atari800WinPlus4.0 ...Is anybody working on this?

Would anybody like to make some mods with me. if no one else plans to work on it?

I've been going through the source code, and have been thinking about documenting it, and cleaning up the files, since it appears to be in a frozen state (Final version) for over a year.

Those of you who have read my post on the SUPER 1020 vector graphics terminal have a good idea of some of the functionality that could be added as options to allow for an Evolving Emulated 8-bit (As a new kind of Atari 8-bit).

For those who haven't read it, what I'd like to add to the emulator as options are as follows:

- A direct data-burst of selectable contents of RAM to an external program.

- A new HI-RES graphics device emulator (which means a whole new "graphics mode".

Also, I want to implement cut/copy/paste from Windows to/from the Emulator.

The other post reflects the evoluton of the design, with a lot of typing while thinking going on. The later replys define a more solid goal. I'll be creating a new thread for the 1020 graphics mode shortly, now that it is better defined.

L8R,

UNIXcoffee928

Its open source, if you have the motivation you are free to do as you please. :D

By the way, if you end up messing with the debugger, how about changing it so it can interact in the same window as the display, the way Meka does?

If you do pick up the project, you yourself (or a collective group), I have some requests.

High Priority (IMHO)

- More complete MyDOS compatibility for Virtual HDs.

- Dx: (where x is the drive number) for Virtual HDs. Presently the Atari program must support H:, H1:, etc. in order to access the Virtual HD. I would like the Virtual HDs to have a Dx: designator (or at least the option) for compatibility with legacy applications.

- Some support for physical floppy media and physical Atari drives.

Low Priority

- Better emulation of XF551 and Ultra speed SIO. Presently I find that XF551 protocols work but the performance is 1X speed. Ditto for Ultra Speed except if you use SpartaDOS. At least then you get 2X speeds (but not 3X).

- correct the default colors. Presently I change the Color Shift (in the Pallette menu) to 55. This matches the tint (but not the staturation level) to my real A8s. I've asked a few people and they say 55 works well for them as well.

Dream list

- I don't even have a HD system for my A8's but being able to generate hard disk images or write directly to media that the A8's can use, like CompactFlash or IDE, in the correct format of course, MyIDE, SmartIDE, BB (which I understand can now use IDE drives with the help of an IDE/SCSI adapter) would be of great benefit to HD owners.

Sector copying of large images is time consuming and file copying via an SIO2PC connection is just plain tedious.

-80 Column Support (XEP80/Bit-3/Austin Franklin emulation) both inside Atari800win PLUS and as an external device for real A8s. [i haven't a clue as to how this could be easily done. LOL! It's just a wish list].

That's all I can recall even thinking for wish lists!

As for extensions, I'm for anything that improves A8 software development but I'm not really big on other enhancements for Atari800Win Plus if the enhancements don't also benefit real A8's in some way.

Wish I could be part of this project but C and C++ just confuses me. I get completely lost when looking at the Atari800Win (and PLUS) sources.

My gratitude goes to those who have worked this project in the past and to those who pick it up now. :cool:

- Steve Sheppard

Also it badly needs free aspect resizable windows, it would be great to squash the screen to look more like the vertical screen, most arcade games used back in those days! I used to have a Sony Trinitron TV that doubled as a monitor for my Atari and it was capable of smooth horizontal and vertical scaling I often used to shrink the horizontal length on games like centipede.