IGNORED

Amiga Joyboard...For the 2600

Joystick Jolter

I see that eBay is literaly dry of the Joyboard. I was just wondering if there is any

interest out there in it. When it came out I found it quite interesting. With Mogul Maniac

I thought it worked well. At the time I tried it with a couple of other games and didn't

like it's response. Anyone else have any thoughts on it.

Part of the reason I'm asking is that I have one of the first one's every touched by anyone other than an Amiga employee and probably before some of them(and I don't

think there were too many of them). Not only do I still have it, but I even have the Fed Ex box it came in and all the paperwork including(I hope) the letter saying that it is one of the first ones they had and that I was getting it. I had become pretty close with (and without going back and checking on this it's a bit of a guess) their VP Don Reisinger(?) and that's how I happened to get one early on. I had even gotten a sneak peek at the

computer they were working on at the time which they sold to a larger company. I'm not sure if my memory serves me right on this but I think it's what finally became the ADAM computer. That doesn't ring right with me but that's all that I can think of right now. I have a feeling that could be wrong though.

Now I've let myself open for a couple of the critics who have been jumping on my back here but I do enjoy discussing some of the stuff that went on back in the early '80s surrounding the videogame industry. I hope they can just relax and let everyone hear some of the stories of what little I can say about the infancy of the videogame industry.

Thanks,

Anthony

Edited by Joystick Jolter

well, amiga, the joystick company went on to make, Amiga the computer. so that computer u r talking about is proto-amiga :-) Which i think is awesome :-) its part of the reason I find amiga so fascinating and why I have 2 joyboards and any of the mini amiga sticks I've ever ran across (a few of the regular tiny ones and I believe I have one coleco controller they made,) Interesetingly enough, one of those proto amigas (in a big black metal case,) made it to a flea market here in florida and by the time I made it back from the atm with my $20 in hand, someone else had already bought it (yes, it was real, even had docs with it, and disks etc.)

I just got one from Ebay boxed in fairly nice shape but it did not have the game or instructions for under $50 shipped. What you have sounds cool. Did you ever have the games they made but never made it to the market?

No and I honestly don't remember if I ever knew how far along the others were. I

know that if they ever were available for a reviewer to see I would have seen them.

What happened was that they got so involved in the computer they were developing

that the games were just forgotten. The VP I got close to went on to work for a game

company out on Long Island. Can't remember the name of the company but I believe

they were developing Playstation games when the Playstation first came out.

Tony