IGNORED

WTB: Final Fantasy VII (7) disc 1

gamer2

i dont have the game anymore, but i go home in a couple days, and i called the local place and they have a copy of the whole game for 12. I could buy it and ship it to you if you wanted. Hope this helps your situation. Also ebay is a great place to find single disks and the like , have you looked?

I know where to find it. I just bought Disc 3 from a local video store along with the CD box.

The fellow had lost disc 2, so his set was unuseable, and I had destroyed my Disc 3 tyring to fix some cracks. He still has Disc 1, and I had a strong feeling to pick it up with the set.

If you still looking, please let me know soon--it will not last long.

For the record, FF7's popularity greatly overshadows how common it is. Though it's a very common game, it is also in enormous demand.

I feel your pain, man...just look at my signature. That request for the NOD disc has been up there for ages.

EDIT: Just checked ebay---FF7 is going for crazy prices! Average for the PC version is $30 (IMO, the best version of the game with the correct hardware), the Greatest Hits version is going for $40 plus, and the standard PSX version (that's what I've got) is well over $50--in some cases over $100! :o

Edited by shadow460

I know where to find it. I just bought Disc 3 from a local video store along with the CD box.

The fellow had lost disc 2, so his set was unuseable, and I had destroyed my Disc 3 tyring to fix some cracks. He still has Disc 1, and I had a strong feeling to pick it up with the set.

If you still looking, please let me know soon--it will not last long.

For the record, FF7's popularity greatly overshadows how common it is. Though it's a very common game, it is also in enormous demand.

I feel your pain, man...just look at my signature. That request for the NOD disc has been up there for ages.

EDIT: Just checked ebay---FF7 is going for crazy prices! Average for the PC version is $30 (IMO, the best version of the game with the correct hardware), the Greatest Hits version is going for $40 plus, and the standard PSX version (that's what I've got) is well over $50--in some cases over $100! :o

thast a bunch of of **** lol. All the places here are have it for 20 or less, the one place 12 bucks... its very easy to find, so i dont get why anyone would ever pay 100 ... what did they not even try to look in a store?

Yeah, but the trouble around here is that you can't ever find it in the places that want $20 for it.

I've seen FF7 once in the wild, aside from all the PC versions they were clearancing out a few years ago.

There are some other games that are priced cheap around here. A local store's price list has Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shining Force 3 at $7.95 each. If they have one of those for sale, it's just $7.95.

I don't really think any of those games is gonna make it past the store's employees. they'll snag it before it gets to the shelf. (Maybe that's why I enjoy occasionally showing off rare carts in that store.)

$7 an hour to stock and eventually sell an FF7, or $50 instant profit from an ebay buyer--I'm sure a store employee is going to go for the $50.

It ain't fair, I know, but that's how it's done.

AtariJr has a better deal than I can find here. The fellow wants $10 for Disc 1, which is probably ok to replace a failed disc. He's asked that if I buy and resell it, I don't take a profit, which I think is fair. But $2 more for the whole set is a deal I'd buy any day.

Edited by shadow460

This has to be some kind of record. Has there ever been a game that sold more than a million copies going for prices like these years after the fact?

Ebay is showing 618 copies of this for sale right now - how can there be so much demand that every single one of them is going for $50-$100?

Probably what Bruce said earlier..."there will always be ebayers with more money than sense."

What sucks is that two of us on here just felt like playing the game again, and found out that some of our CD's were spontaneously busted at the time when they're selling highest.

Oddly, though, the PC port of 7 is selling for just over $30, and 8 (PC) is selling for even less.

Oddly, though, the PC port of 7 is selling for just over $30, and 8 (PC) is selling for even less.

The PC version you're seeing is the UK version, which seems to still be on the market judging by the number of "new" copies on Ebay.

The original US version, complete, seems to be going for $50-$100. There are not many of these on Ebay at the moment - this version is probably legitimately uncommon (though not rare).

FF8 doesn't have the pedigree of FF7 so it's not surprising that it's less sought after.

I have both the US PC and PSX versions of FF7 - sure seems like a good time to sell. I'd be an instant hundred-aire.

i hate it when a movie comes out, the game goes up.... happens when a sequel comes out. I remember when kindom hearts 2 came out, the local store here changed the price of the first one from 10 to 17 bucks. BTW i didnt have time to go to the store today, im waking up early and going tomorrow, if they have a copy, id want the money in advance, then ill ship. Ill send you another PM tomorrow if i can get a copy in my hands for you.

The PC version you're seeing is the UK version, which seems to still be on the market judging by the number of "new" copies on Ebay.

The original US version, complete, seems to be going for $50-$100. There are not many of these on Ebay at the moment - this version is probably legitimately uncommon (though not rare).

FF8 doesn't have the pedigree of FF7 so it's not surprising that it's less sought after.

I have both the US PC and PSX versions of FF7 - sure seems like a good time to sell. I'd be an instant hundred-aire.

I looked at a couple of un-boxed US PC versions, and yep, they were about $50.

That's what I will get when I replace mine, which was stolen. That box was so large that it really just got in the way.

First, though, I'll get 8 for the PC. I can stay busy with my PSX version of FF7. I wonder, though, do the UK versions of FF7 play on a typical American PC?

i hate it when a movie comes out, the game goes up.... happens when a sequel comes out. I remember when kindom hearts 2 came out, the local store here changed the price of the first one from 10 to 17 bucks. BTW i didnt have time to go to the store today, im waking up early and going tomorrow, if they have a copy, id want the money in advance, then ill ship. Ill send you another PM tomorrow if i can get a copy in my hands for you.

If they don't that Disc 1 is still herein town. Your store has a better deal, though.

Edited by shadow460

• 2 weeks later...