Edited by FND

Bad trader alert

AA User name kevin242

Ebay user name kevins242

I purchased the following item offered on these boards by the above user

Portfolio w/manual pararell interface and orig disk

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85242

Item has not been received and he has stopped communicating

With me (its been over five weeks since I sent the paypal payment).

Below is a history of the deal

He requested I send the payment immediately so he could mail the package

The next day. Waited two weeks before asking about item and was told he

Was looking for an extra item he wanted to add to the package but could

Not find it so he would now send the item. Waited another 10 days and was

Told the item was returned to him as there was a problem with the address

Label, I requested he let me know exactly when the item will be re-mailed and

By what method, that was 10 days ago and he will not communicate with me

Now

BTW checking his user account here I see his last log in was April 28th (two days ago)

So its not like he is not around. I have sent him a private message which he has not

opened I have also posted to his original post which he should have been notified

About. I have also filled a complaint with Paypal which he has not responded to either

Anyway just be careful when dealing with this individual as he has proven himself

To be a problem seller

UPDATE 5\12\06

Looks like the last response from the seller that the item

was now on the way was just more BS.

Can't wait to here the excuse this time

UPDATE 5\02\06

Got a response from seller today (5/2/06) and was told the item

is now on the way, I will update the post and remove the

bad mark as soon as the item arrives

UPDATE 8\28\06

See post #48 for update

Edited by FND

I really hate having to put someone on this list. It really bothers me that someone would just come on this site to scam people. I have had so many great transactions; it really hurts the community to have to report that is it not "fool-proof," however I guess these reports help it in the long run.

Thanks.

The member I am reporting as a Bad Trader is okto.

I have had an advertisement for needing a 32X Cable for sometime now, and he PMed me with one for sale. We promptly worked out the details and I sent him a money order. It hadn't occurred to me until I mailed the thing out that I didn't put his name on it, for I didn't know it.

I e-mailed him several times about this, if he had received payment, and the like. He finally responded and said he had received payment. He said he would mail it out the next day, I believe that was on the 16th of April. I will attach all the PMs that show the original correspondence, and the numerous times I PMed him. I have done a search on him and noticed he was active for several days after the last e-mailed I received from him, however he hasn't been active on here since the 1st of May.

Thanks.

The first PM was on the 4th, and the last on the 17th. They go in reverse order. The files below are the same, it jammed up and put them both on this post, for the damned double post.

Correspondance.doc

Correspondance.doc

Edited by TuzenTCA

• 2 weeks later...

Do they ban by account, or by IP address? Even then, the only effective way to ban by IP address is to knock out an entire block of IPs.

That is the problem with banning... or even a list like this... if they're unscrupulous enough to rip you off, they'll make another account name once they're outted.

I bought a Motherboard, CPU, and HD, along with some arcade joysticks and buttons for $113 from Rasterscan. The package arrived but the MB and CPU didn't work at all. Possibly the HD was bad as well. They were all tested separately so I knew for sure they didn't work. When I confronted Rasterscan about this and he told me to send it back, then he would send a refund of $30. So I'm thinking, What about the other $80 that I spent?

Lesson learned.

Don't buy used computer equipment from this guy.

• 3 weeks later...

You're a dick. I told you I would give you a refund after you shipped me the hardware or gave me confirmatiom that the hardware was sent but you didn't like that idea, so don't sit here acting like I ripped you off!! I gave you a chance. $30?? Where the hell did you get that from!!!! I told you I would refund you all but the shipping. I still have all the IM logs. I'll be more and happy to post them.

All of the parts worked fine. God only knows what you did to them!! The HD was new and loaded with software.

I bought a Motherboard, CPU, and HD, along with some arcade joysticks and buttons for $113 from Rasterscan. The package arrived but the MB and CPU didn't work at all. Possibly the HD was bad as well. They were all tested separately so I knew for sure they didn't work. When I confronted Rasterscan about this and he told me to send it back, then he would send a refund of $30. So I'm thinking, What about the other $80 that I spent?

Lesson learned.

Edited by RasterScan

You're a dick. I told you I would give you a refund after you shipped me the hardware or gave me confirmatiom that the hardware was sent but you didn't like that idea, so don't sit here acting like I ripped you off!! I gave you a chance. $30?? Where the hell did you get that from!!!! I told you I would refund you all but the shipping. I still have all the IM logs. I'll be more and happy to post them.

All of the parts worked fine. God only knows what you did to them!! The HD was new and loaded with software.

Lesson learned.

Yes sir, you can create and edit IM sessions without any trouble. You can even created them and take a screenshot to make them look even more legit. I'm a dick? Yes I am. You said you would send me $30 as a refund but the joysticks and buttons were worth the entire amount. Ok. So $30 is all you would send me. You said you wouldn't refund me more than that, at first, but the joysticks and the buttons worked. You said they were new, but I had no way of testing them. Both bags were ripped open, so they weren't new. You then, after I basically had to "threaten" to get your attention you said you would send me a full refund if I sent them all back to you first. I wasn't going to trust you to send my refund. I told you that I would send the items back but you would have to send me a refund first. For some reason you couldn't trust me? I kept my word by send the money that I said I would. You sold me bad parts when you said they were good, so who is the one to trust here? Definitely not you.

By the way, when the package came, I took it, shook it up, slammed it on the floor, kicked it, let my dog bite it, opened it up and tried to hook it up. Yeah it didn't work, I wonder why? :mad:

1)Yes, the bags of buttons were opened becuase YOU WANTED THEM TESTED!!

2)You threatened me? When did this happen?

3)Again, as I told you I was taken for more than $500 for a refund that was why I wanted the lot back first (or confirmation).

But you didn't want to do it

4)Yes, you are a dick. I gave you a chance for a refund but you did nothing. I had a money order all made out but you didn't want to send the hardware first. What else do you want from me??

5)Again, it all worked fine for me. I installed XP, Mame and set it all up so all you had to do is put it in a case. Do you even know how to

handle computer parts?

Oh yeah, I forgot I bought a MB, CPU and memory from CPUWIZ and guess what? It worked perfectly. That was after I broke it in by letting the mailman sit on it of course.

In case you're wondering, I will not send it back to you. That was over 6 months ago, a headache, and in the end, a heftybag.

Thank you again, CPU. I couldn't have asked for a better deal. Remembering the transaction with Rasterscan just makes me appreciate your sale all the more. :thumbsup: :ponder: :D

I too have had good dealings with Cpuwiz. Thanks for the deal on the 5200!

So, it only takes one bad dealing around here to be put on a bad trader list?

Thats pathetic.

Oh yeah, I forgot I bought a MB, CPU and memory from CPUWIZ and guess what? It worked perfectly. That was after I broke it in by letting the mailman sit on it of course.

In case you're wondering, I will not send it back to you. That was over 6 months ago, a headache, and in the end, a heftybag.

Thank you again, CPU. I couldn't have asked for a better deal. Remembering the transaction with Rasterscan just makes me appreciate your sale all the more. :thumbsup: :ponder: :D

I too have had good dealings with Cpuwiz. Thanks for the deal on the 5200!

So, it only takes one bad dealing around here to be put on a bad trader list?

Thats pathatic.

You've had one bad transaction of quite a few good ones. I'm not patronizing you. But this is a bad trader/transaction topic and I had a bad transaction with you so I posted it. I really wish you had been a more honest dealer toward me, but in this case, you weren't. End of story.

Quick Q here.... in cases like this how do you think any of your reputations are being helped by saying all that here?

When this was put here, while it would help, i knew stuff like this would happen... now it looks like BOTH of you are untrustworthy. Maybe the last couple parts of the thread couple be erased CPUWIZ for their sake... :ponder:

• 2 weeks later...

i wonder if this is what is meant when we say 1 rotten apple ( meaning transaction , no reference to either member) spoils the bunch ( all the positive transactions both have done seperately). :? :? :?

I find it fitting that you are posting in here. So far, I have not seen your money order in the mail at all.