IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

Update: Now this eBayer left me negative feedback as revenge for me reporting them to eBay. Beware of them!

They changed their mind, you gave a refund, and they left a negative feedback?!?! That is truly awful. I'd call ebay back and see if they can remove that.

• Like 2

Thanks Jaymeister and Rick R! The person did pay, but then backed out and literally demanded a refund first saying it wasn't what they were looking for, then saying they didn't have the money. So they changed their story. And kept badgering me for a refund after I had issued it. Then they called me rude because I, in reality, very politely suggested that the person read up on eBay's Policies and Procedures and Buying Tips.

I did call eBay, but they won't remove the negative feedback because it "doesn't violate any of their policies." Bull! I'm not a big fan of ePay either, but I don't know where else to sell most of my stuff because most of it is not video games, it's playing cards and other collectibles. And I can't sell on Craigslist right now because I can't drive to meet people to get them my items. I guess I don't care so much about the transaction not going through, but I care very much that my 100% positive feedback rating was ruined for the next year by someone not telling the truth.

They do let you post a retort though right?

I wouldn't worry too much about the negative feedback. I think you'll be fine continuing to sell your stuff. Most good buyers will see that most sales were fine...just one newbie negative doesn't hold much weight.

I sell a lot on ebay too, and there are sure a lot of bad buyers these days. Ebay absolutely needs to let sellers leave negative feedback under certain conditions. Right now, it just isn't fair. I've reported a lot of non-paying buyers, and nothing seems to happen to them.

• Like 1

They do let you post a retort though right?

I wouldn't worry too much about the negative feedback. I think you'll be fine continuing to sell your stuff. Most good buyers will see that most sales were fine...just one newbie negative doesn't hold much weight.

I sell a lot on ebay too, and there are sure a lot of bad buyers these days. Ebay absolutely needs to let sellers leave negative feedback under certain conditions. Right now, it just isn't fair. I've reported a lot of non-paying buyers, and nothing seems to happen to them.

Yup, I was able to post a retort, which helps some. At least that enabled me to get the truth out there.

It definitely is not fair that sellers can no longer post negative feedback. We used to be able to. Don't know why eBay changed it, but I don't like it.

I've reported this person twice now--once for backing out and once for the negative feedback--but I doubt any action will be taken. What I'd like to know is what happened to seller protection.

Thank you so much for your supportive comments!

Just stay cool. With the tracking number you will be fine - if he is claiming he never got the item.

If he opened a dispute then now it is your chance to respond, just say you sent it to the address specified and here is the tracking number. There shouldn't be any issues with that. eBay may ask you for the actual receipt of postage, I always end up losing mine! But better if you can scan it for eBay and provide that to them.

In all honesty you may be getting screwed. Anything over $300 paypal will not support you in if you did not get signature confirmation. Unless they changed the rules. Tracking is not good enough for purchases over $300. The buyer probably knows this. I'm not sure what the outcome would be but you really want signature confirmation on orders of this calibur!

Since you have tracking information confirming that the item was delivered, you should hopefully be alright. But you're French, so who knows?

More info would be nice... like E-Pay I.D. e-mails, etc.

@scalpal: What's his user ID? I'd post it here for the protection of others.

Just to inform you the buyer decided to close the case and said he received the item there are 2 days ago (but the tracking number indicates he received it there are few weeks). Anyway, my money is back in my Paypal account.

What I did ? I spent 45 minutes by phone to explain my situation to eBay Customer service and I sent the picture of the official post office documents with the buyer address and the number of the tracking number.

• Like 2

Glad to hear it was resolved. Was this a US buyer? I agree with toptenmaterial that giving out his user ID would be a public service.

Yeah, I mentioned this, E-bay I.D. is a great thing to mention on the 'bad trader' alert. That way everyone knows who is a potential bad trader. That's why I asked his E-bay I.D.

Yup, I was able to post a retort, which helps some. At least that enabled me to get the truth out there.

It definitely is not fair that sellers can no longer post negative feedback. We used to be able to. Don't know why eBay changed it, but I don't like it.

I've reported this person twice now--once for backing out and once for the negative feedback--but I doubt any action will be taken. What I'd like to know is what happened to seller protection.

Thank you so much for your supportive comments!

I like that sellers can't give neg. F.B. anymore. I buy and sell on E-bay often and have not been blessed with an asshole buyer yet. I do remember on quite a few occasions that P.O.S. sellers holding my F.B. hostage. Honestly there is no way to win, but I definitely side on the buyers.
  • Like 1

I like that sellers can't give neg. F.B. anymore. I buy and sell on E-bay often and have not been blessed with an asshole buyer yet. I do remember on quite a few occasions that P.O.S. sellers holding my F.B. hostage. Honestly there is no way to win, but I definitely side on the buyers.

You are right that there really is no way to win. I have been on eBay for 15 years and can remember sellers saying in their listings that they "return feedback," meaning that if they got a neutral or negative feedback, they would leave one in response. And that is just not right either.

The latest update, though, is that I DID win in my situation. I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with eBay and it was worth every nanosecond. They removed the negative feedback! I made the point that since the transaction never went through and the buyer backed out, that the buyer had no business leaving me ANY feedback. The person from eBay agreed with that and removed the negative. *Does a happy dance*

• Like 9

• 2 months later...

Having a bad experience with eBay user xxcamryxx. He had a complete lid and screen for a laptop I was (futilely, and against my own advice) trying to fix up: BIN 30GBP or best offer. I offered him £26 (bringing the grand total including P&P to thirty quid) and he accepted. ETA for the item came and went, so I emailed him the next day just asking if everything was OK. He replied offering me free gratis parts for the same laptop for my inconvenience if the screen didn't turn up by the weekend, etc.

Well - it turned up at the end of the week in a soft manilla padded envelope, bent and smashed in. The address was crudely scrawled on the envelope, and a bunch of cardboard was strapped to the screen side of the lid with bits of masking tape, thus:

post-21964-0-63487100-1381840411_thumb.jpg

And - predictably - when I removed the cardboard, I was met with this:

post-21964-0-97052600-1381840413_thumb.jpg

The item was not sent registered post, and there was no indication on the flimsy packaging that it contained a fragile item. I had (unfortunately) also ordered (and received) a plam-rest and another piece of trim for the same machine in the intervening time from different sellers, and they had arrived promptly and in clearly marked cardboard boxes.

At least I had the forethought to take a photo while unwrapping the item. I was pretty mad, though, that someone could be so moronic to post an LCD in an unmarked bag, so I emailed the seller telling him the state of affairs. I suggested the plastic was still useful to me (hadn't noticed the warping damage on the lid at the time), and the seller replied by changing his tone and giving me a lecture about opening parcels in the presence of the postman, etc, before suggesting I returned the whole thing so that he could visually inspect it and refund me as per his returns policy. Personally (and having spoken about this to a post office worker in the meantime), I don't imagine he'd have much recourse against the post office for damage sustained to an apparently flexible parcel. The postman might have quite legitimately assumed the thing could be folded in half... in any case, it was pretty clear to me that the lid had been twisted in transit.

So, in his second email response, the seller changed his tone again, offering me another option: keep the item (since the plastics were probably worth £20 or so), and he'd give me half the money back (£15). All the while, he was adamant that posting LCDs in soft envelopes was perfectly appropriate, and he even suggested that were he not so "nice", he could have ignored my complaint on the assumption that I had deliberately broken the screen myself (to what end, I can't imagine). I didn't much like his tone, anyway, and he was rubbing me up the wrong way. Nevertheless, I made a snap decision to keep the item (and look for another LCD panel), and he then told me there'd be delay refunding the £15 because of "PayPal issues". He said the refund would come through on Monday at the latest, but nothing was forthcoming. Indeed, he failed to reply to my last message on Friday.

On Monday, I noticed there was actually a dent in the lid and the whole item was bent along its length about 1/3 of the way from the top right edge of the screen. You can see the misalignment of the bezel in the photo if you look closely (the seller also wouldn't entertain looking at the photos I sent him). In light of the seller's non-communication, no refund, and the damage to the plastics (the lid looked well and truly warped), I sent him another message on Monday evening telling him I'd be returning the item by registered post for a full refund instead of keeping the item for the plastics, which it now became apparent were also damaged. Late on Monday evening I also opened a case pending return of the item. I saw this as a formality, the intention being to protect myself if he decided to get funny (which seemed quite likely).

Well, on Tuesday morning I received an outraged and abusive reply, in which he stated he'd make me wait for the refund for the longest possible time (just before the case can be escalated), accusing me of harrasment / threatening behaviour, "biblical" messages, etc, etc. I immediately reported him and forwarded the email to eBay.

I figure I'll return the item as planned and just see what happens. I've done myself out of the return postage (which he offers to pay in his return policy, but now says he won't), but I felt I was simply following eBay guidelines by opening a case. I had a case opened against me one for non-receipt of goods (they went to the guy's other address, as it turned out), and I didn't get my knickers in a twist about it: I just refunded him.

I just got a bad feeling about this guy from the get-go. He has 99.3 per cent positive feedback, based on one negative and two neutrals: two of which he responded to with the caps lock on.

Anyway: it was his insistence that this was somehow partly my fault for not opening the parcel on the doorstep which probably got us to this stage.

Oh - he ends by mentioning "five negs for you, obviously not from this account". Does this suggest he's planning to buy goods from me in future via a different account and leave negative feedback? For the record, I was planning to leave neutral on this one, because of the abysmal packaging.

Edited by flashjazzcat

I figure I'll return the item as planned and just see what happens. I've done myself out of the return postage (which he offers to pay in his return policy, but now says he won't), but I felt I was simply following eBay guidelines by opening a case. I had a case opened against me one for non-receipt of goods (they went to the guy's other address, as it turned out), and I didn't get my knickers in a twist about it: I just refunded him.

I just got a bad feeling about this guy from the get-go. He has 99.3 per cent positive feedback, based on one negative and two neutrals: two of which he responded to with the caps lock on.

Anyway: it was his insistence that this was somehow partly my fault for not opening the parcel on the doorstep which probably got us to this stage.

Oh - he ends by mentioning "five negs for you, obviously not from this account". Does this suggest he's planning to buy goods from me in future via a different account and leave negative feedback? For the record, I was planning to leave neutral on this one, because of the abysmal packaging.

Escalate the case with eBay...if not, you will likely send the parcel back and get nothing from the seller. They obviously don't care about their feedback score. Opening a case with eBay usually sorts out these types of issues with dishonest sellers.

• Like 1

Good grief! Just when you think you've seen/dealt with the biggest butt-holes in the world, along comes another!!! I definitely sympathize! He's probably blowing smoke. NEG HIM!!!! He earned it!

• Like 1

Ebay will more than likely refund the entire purchase to you but I agree make sure it is escalated. Hopefully this kind of moron is weeded out of ebay.uk. And yes, absolutely NEG THE BASTARD! Good luck, we're all counting on you.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

bad seller / buyer on ebay:

ebay username: JOHNSGIRL2

I highly recommend avoiding this person and not doing business with her. She is one of the nastiest, lying motherfunkers Ive ever dealt with on ebay.

I am not sure if she is a member here under a different name at Atari Age or not.

Do business with her at your own risk. She does have good reviews, so not everyone has had the same experience, but I have proof, as I documented everything, that this person is no good.

You have been warned.

Edited by grownup

I highly recommend avoiding this person and not doing business with her. She is one of the nastiest, lying motherfunkers Ive ever dealt with on ebay.

I am not sure if she is a member here under a different name at Atari Age or not.

Do business with her at your own risk. She does have good reviews, so not everyone has had the same experience, but I have proof, as I documented everything, that this person is no good.

You have been warned.

Rather than jus saying you've been warned. Details about your experience and whatever proof you had may be helpful to others. That's kind of what this thread is for. It's not for blind accusations.

• Like 6

A couple of bad experiences I've had selling retro gaming items to ass-heads on eBay.

cemeterianofsouls - Guiseppe Matuga

oneloanshark1 - Joseph Matuga

Both are from Deer Park, IL, and I've got a pretty good suspicion that they're the same person. I sold two expensive press item prop weapons to oneloankshark1 (a viking axe from "Rune" and a set of prop baretta pistol lighters from "John Woo's Stranglehold.") He didn't pay up. I had a look through his feedback. As you know, sellers can't leave a negative rating for buyers, but they can leave a positive rating and a negative review. A couple of his reviews warn that he's a scam artist who buys expensive items, leaves them at the post office when they arrive, then tries to double his money by claiming an unshipped item to both eBay/PayPal and his credit card provider. I opened up an unpaid item case.

A few months later, cemetarianofsouls wins a $404 auction on a promotional leather jacket from "Red Baron II." I ship it, and a month later I get a reply from him demanding a refund. Seems he's trying to pull a scheme like the one above. Tracking reveals that the package sat in his local post office for almost a month, uncollected. It was shipped back to me, and PayPal gave him a refund. Later he writes to me, simply saying "full refund requested at once." Clearly, Mr. Matuga is not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, and one of the more inept wannabe-criminals on eBay, but he should be avoided at all costs.

One other one - goes by brody_steve. Bought "Spawn: The Video Game" for SNES from me for $125, and hasn't paid. He's got one piece of feedback that says he also bought something and didn't pay. He is a troll, avoid him.

I've done that type of work before JoddNemo - It is tedious and takes time

I used a spread sheet, copy and pasted and left notes

Post #/ Name/ Complaint
1 / User 00/ failed to pay
2 / namegoes here / disputed package
.../.../...
6xx /User1 /failed to send

If a post didn't have a name listed or an issue and name I just put in "~NA" and later sorted by name and deleted the dtat from those cells leaving me a list when resorted by Post # with just active names and complaints.

Good Luck. :D

I've no time like that these days.

You have been warned.

Rather than jus saying you've been warned. Details about your experience and whatever proof you had may be helpful to others. That's kind of what this thread is for. It's not for blind accusations.

Yeah, especially when, as you say the person has good feedback, ("Top Rated" actually, not that easy to pull off) ,a little info on what the trouble was would help. This person did buy a game from me in September and the transaction went off without a hitch.

• Like 1

Recently, I bought an item from a seller, JMIXO, who sold me a broken SNES console. He told me it was the cable, and not the console. I told him I would like to return the item to him and agreed. Then, he decided to change his mind and said, "No returns". He continued on telling me he had a baby on the way, and he already spent the money. I replied with that's not my problem and I would appreciate if you would be more professional during this transaction. He was shocked and offended stated that I insulted him and he was going to report me to eBay. I just laughed as I was reading his reply.