IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

bad seller / buyer on ebay:

ebay username: JOHNSGIRL2

I highly recommend avoiding this person and not doing business with her. She is one of the nastiest, lying motherfunkers Ive ever dealt with on ebay.

I am not sure if she is a member here under a different name at Atari Age or not.

Do business with her at your own risk. She does have good reviews, so not everyone has had the same experience, but I have proof, as I documented everything, that this person is no good.

You have been warned.

What was your bad experience? I bought a game from this seller a few months ago, and it went absolutely smoothly. If anything, this seller is overly concerned about his rating. I gave him a positive review with 5 stars in every category except for "shipping costs", where I gave him four stars because the shipping costs were a little higher than what I've seen from some other sellers, but still reasonable. He immediately contacted me and asked why I had only given him four stars, I explained, and that was that.Overall a friendly and successful transaction.

What was your bad experience? I bought a game from this seller a few months ago, and it went absolutely smoothly. If anything, this seller is overly concerned about his rating. I gave him a positive review with 5 stars in every category except for "shipping costs", where I gave him four stars because the shipping costs were a little higher than what I've seen from some other sellers, but still reasonable. He immediately contacted me and asked why I had only given him four stars, I explained, and that was that.Overall a friendly and successful transaction.

Yeah there really needs to be some minimum requirements here, details given, sources etc, coming in and saying this person is hit, you have been warned because I say so is nothing more then just an empty claim. Not denying he had a bad experience but how is anyone to know it is not just some petty grudge or personal disagreement? Pehaps a template of sorts answering:

1. What was the deal that went wrong?

2. What was the cause of the dispute?

3. What steps were taken to settle the issue?

4, What was the final result?

That is just a quick concept. Someone could do something better I am sure otherwise it is all just mud slinging and unverifiable claims.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

How is that possible when eBay keeps the detailed ratings anonymous? Johnsgirl2 shouldn't have known that you left 4 stars for shipping.

How is that possible when eBay keeps the detailed ratings anonymous? Johnsgirl2 shouldn't have known that you left 4 stars for shipping.

His message to me started with "If you are the one who gave me four stars for shipping...". I guess he wasn't sure, but was probably able to narrow it down based on the timing of the purchase and the rating.

Came here to see if Johnsgirl2 was trashing me on this forum based on the number of Atari stuff he/she has bought and sold. Guess not (yay) but I did have him/her leave me negative feddback claiming I didin't include the box or manual for the complete boxed 5200 I sold him/her. Demaned a refund without returning the item and when I declined to let them have a free boxed 5200 hit me with negative feedback... the first and only one I've recieved on eBay.

Oh-kay! Sounds like JOHNSGIRL2 may have had their internal bits taken out. Maybe if more people complain to eBay? I don't know. Just grasping at straws for all of you because I do a lot of buying and selling on eBay and know that there are a lot of jerks there. I did have a neg removed once so maybe if eBay gets enough complaints and it is pointed out to them that many people are complaining, they will take action?

Yeah. I'm not sure what they are going to do. I basically got told that him/her/it callimg me a "lying thief" in a message wasn't enough to make the feedback "abusive". I've got a day job so I can't spend hours on the phone with fleaBay until I get someone that knows what they are doing.

Thankfully it didn't mess up my discount %

fleaBay... I like that. :-) I agree that their customer service is not the best--that a lot of their reps don't seem to know what they are doing. I had to call multiple times and really defend myself to get my neg removed. Fortunately, I did have the time to do that. I'm really sorry you are having problems with them. Wish there was something I could do to help.

Upon popular request, here is my Johnsgirl2 story, the short version:

ITEM SOLD: empty TELEGAMES RACE box for the buyer's loose cartridge

I was actually making a video showing all the screen shots, and me telling the whole story, etc. but decided to give this short written version instead. If anyone needs proof, I can finish the video proving that what I am stating is all true, but it is time consuming and we have bigger problems in the world than this, which is why I never went into detail earlier to begin with.

I keep my ebay auctions set up so that a bunch of them all end the same time, so that I can go to the post office in one trip with several things. Because of this, people need to pay within 24 hours. this was the beginning of the Johnsgirl2 problem. She took 4 days to pay for the product, a 2 dollar box! She was procastinating in her payment, I told her to pay before I go to the post office or she may have to wait untill the next week for me to ship it, and she ignored the message like it didnt exist. (I have the screen shot that it does). She payed 4 days late! She emailed me and asked me to put her Atari box into another box so it wouldnt get crushed, and I told her I would. So a few days later I took it to the post office with the next batch of stuff that sold, and she was PISSED that I didnt make a special 8 mile trip sooner just for her. Thing is though, she never told me. So when I mailed her the package, I had no idea what a nasty person she was. I even included an extra box for free even though she didnt pay for it, just as a customer courtesy since she had to wait. So She got 2 game boxes for the price of one. Later that night after I had shipped her boxes, I emailed her to let her know that they were on the way. I did not use tracking - learn from my mistake! Never assume that all Atari buyers are cool people. You need to protect yourself. There are scummy dealers out there, and this is one of them for sure. I check my email and find this nasty message left by her. At this point, here I am "kicking myself" that I even mailed this total POS ANYTHING, especially an extra free item. Keep in mind, I wasnt making money, I was just trying to find a home for un-needed Atari stuff instead of throwing it out!!! This was the message I found in my box VIRBATIM, and it was the second message she ever sent me, the first one being the one when she asked me to put it in a shipping box. I have the screenshots of my inbox showing that it was her second message. A real psyco lies to people even when nobody else is watching!!!!

Hi. Its now clear that you have no intention on shipping the game. Iv'e tried to communicate and you wont respond to messages either. Not real cool! Anyway, i wont be loosing sleep over this, I will be getting my money back, as of the 9th, (Saturday). Rest assured, I wont be buying from you again.

So here I am, dealing with a complete psyco, with my store's reputation on the line, over a 2 dollar box from 1978! i had no choice but to kiss her ass and write politely back to her. Again, this is the short version, so if you want details, request it or I am going to suffice with just this story. I let her know that it was on the way. I am not kidding you, she gave me similar messages almost every day untill her package arrived. The problem was, it was a holiday weekend. The Post office was closed on Sunday and the holiday Monday after that. So because of that, she got SUPER PISSED! Coming from her point of view, how dare I not break into the USPS and search for her package and bring it to her on my knees? Anyway, she opened a case against me the day before it arrived. She did this after I told her SEVERL TIMES that it was on its way, and she did it knowing the post office was closed, as if I have the power to force the post office to work faster! I responded to the ebay case telling ebay the whole story, not knowing she would see a copy of it, and when she read the truth of the matter that I wrote, she was BOILING SUPER MAD! she emailed me back calling me all sorts of names, calling me a liar, etc. Then, when her product finally arrived, instead of thanking me for it, she gave me a NEUTRAL review and complained that I had poor communication!!! Me? She ignores important instructions, and I have poor communication? I told her several times it was on its way, she ignores messages and then says that I have poor communication, are you kidding me? I called up ebay and told them the story, they sided with me, and removed her comment!

Now let me ask you, is this the type of person you want to do business with on ebay? Do you think that all this aggravation, mutiple nasty messages full of lies, accusing me of the things that she does (like a demon), is something you want to deal with over 2 bucks, over a box she waited 34 years to get and cant wait a few more days? Then, to top it off, she isnt even a collector, shes a dealer!

So, thats the short version. If I need to I will post a detailed video showing each letter each message VERBATIM, but hopefully I gave a clear enough presentation here. I wasnt going to get into details, but Ive had so many people wanting to know.

There are 2 lessons here. Always document your every move, always get tracking. I skipped the tracking that one time, and that was the one time I needed it. The otehr lesson is, you cant trust ebay ratings. According to ebay ratings, she has good ratings. But here on Atariage, you get the truth of the matter.

I think grownup sounds like a crazy person - people need to pay within 24 hours? You can't enforce that. Making a video over a $2 transaction? Chill buddy, for sure we are only hearing one side of your "short version" of the story. You sound like one of those people who can't let the smallest thing go...

• Like 1

GEZ, Ok, I guess Im crazy because I wasnt willing to make a special 8 mile trip to the post office over a 2 dollar box. Yes, Im crazy because she coudnt read instructions. Im crazy because she couldnt wait untill the next week when I go to the post office again. Yes, Im crazy because I only posted my side of the story instead of wasting more time making a video for you, so that you can see both sides, yet making the video would be crazy too. Yup, that makes me a real nut case for sure. The thing your forgetting is, no matter how much of a complete crazed lunatic I am, that still doesnt make Johnsgirl a good person to do business with. So what, Im crazy. Here am almost 40 yars old playing with Atari games. Fine Ill admit Im crazy. Who cares. At least im not a nasty POS like the person youre defending.

Yeah. I'm not sure what they are going to do. I basically got told that him/her/it callimg me a "lying thief" in a message wasn't enough to make the feedback "abusive". I've got a day job so I can't spend hours on the phone with fleaBay until I get someone that knows what they are doing.

Thankfully it didn't mess up my discount %

I feel your pain, buddy. I think that little demon dyke tries to keep people more busy than what they can handle. She picked the wrong victim when she went for me though. I dont have a job and may just start a whole website about her if I want. Maybe Ill make the grand opening to be 8 days from now. By the way, I think ebay is open till 10. I would call again. They sided with me and removed her comment.

I was on the horn with eBay today on an unrelated issue. Asked them about the feedback and they basically said that if the return lapses without her/him/it/whatever sending it back they'd reverse it since it claims that I didn't refund that Charming Understanding Non-Troublemaker...

You can all bad mouth me all you want. I know the truth and I too have saved my messages. When I bought that 5200, supposedly "CIB", I was disappointed when I received it. I bought my very first 5200 console from him and his listing stated that it was complete. When I received it, I opened it up so I could hook it up to test it to make sure it worked and the Switch box was missing and so was the owners manual. You can't test a 5200 without that box. The small inner black and white box that packaged the switch box was inside but was empty. I went back to view the original listing to see if anywhere in the listing it said the switch box was missing. It did not. I looked at the photo's again and you can see the black and white switch box in the photo's but can't tell if there is one in there or not. Needless to say, I was disappointed, since it was claimed to be complete. Instead of messaging him and blowing up, I simply went and searched for a switch box on Ebay. I found one for $30.00 plus shipping. I then messaged him and told him that the 5200 was not complete and the owners manual and switch box were missing and that I wanted to return for a refund since I couldn't even test it to see if it worked, also as claimed. He replied basically telling me that it was in there and said that he would refund me after it was sent back but it had to be in the same condition as it was when it was sent. Well, He's claiming that those things were in there and they weren't. So, in short, all he was going to do is get the machine back, not refund my money, or at least the total amount, saying that it wasn't in the same condition as it was when sent. Basically claiming that I bought it, received it, took the switch box out and then wanted to return it to get my money back. Now, if I wanted a switch box and an owners manual so bad, don't you all think that I'd just buy it instead of going through all that crap? I would've lost out either way with this guy. It's not that I couldn't afford the $30.00 for the switch box but it was the principle. I shouldn't have to pay another $30.00 for something that was supposed to be included, as stated in his listing. So he can rant away! I have all messages saved between he and I. What he's saying on Atariage just goes to prove to me even more that the guy is a liar. If he thought it was in there and made a mistake by not checking, fine! Just admit that you made a mistake but to blatantly lie and insist that it was there when in fact it wasn't. I don't think he even really knows if it was or not. You can't just open the console box take a picture and assume that everything is there without checking. Sure! When I opened the console box, I saw the little black and white box for the switch box right away. It wasn't until I grabbed it to check the contents and being that it was as light as air, I knew it wasn't in there. I opened the switch box, box anyway just to confirm and I was right. I then checked for the rest of the box by pulling everything out and NO SWITCH BOX. 'It was obvious that he never even looked through the box to make sure everything was there before listing it. Instead of returning it right away, I went and bought a switch box from another Ebay seller just so I could see if the 5200 console worked. If it did, I was going to keep it. If not, I was going to sell it and describe it truthfully and complete "Not working and INCLUDES SWITCH BOX". I have always and kindly, communicated and worked with both buyers and seller if a issue had come up. I have always been able to resolve.... until now. So all of you that are here bad mouthing me, bashing me, blocking me and calling me names. You go right ahead and continue with your childish little game. It's clear that he and the others that also threw their 2 cents in regarding shipping, has pulled a complete snow job on all of you. One last thing. When something isn't shipped, nothing has been marked as being shipped, no tracking info uploaded after the the fact that YOUR listing states shipped within 5 days and I simply send you a KIND message asking if this item has been shipped yet and I get no response what so ever for days, I'm not to assume that you're not going to ship or you're in jail or in the hospital or something else? With no communication and no item, of course I'm going to ask for a refund. Big deal! It's real simple. Either abide buy YOUR own rules. YOUR own settings and YOUR own terms and conditions that YOU set for YOUR listings or Communicate! If you want to be pissed because you don't ship within the time frame that YOU state in YOUR listings or respond to messages and if that makes you feel better... then be pissed I guess. Again, the accusers can keep twisting the truth's of what really happened and those that weren't there can continue believing what and who they want and choose their sides. I've defended myself and with dignity. I didn't call anyone any names and have NEVER threatened anyone. Now or ever. And to come on here and tell everyone in this forum how much of a saint you are and that Ebay found in your favor and removed the feedback? I just looked! It's still there. So why would you tell everyone that you're the good guy and Ebay see's it your way so they removed the feedback when in fact they hadn't as of today? Either Ebay is slow at this or it's your pitiful attempt at making yourself look like a champ! WHATEVER! If it make you feel good, do it! In short I bought something that wasn't as described and the seller had no plans on refunding me my total amount even if, and after I returned the item and Sellers with false claims in their listings and lack of communication should refund a buyers money if they don't hold up to their own terms and conditions.

I only skimmed through that wall of text but based on the feedback listed I would buy from Johnsgirl2. Yes this entire thread seems to have gone wrong, what would seem to be a community service to warn Ebay buyers / sellers has just turned into accusations in some cases without any proof of claims, people defending themselves and arguing back and forth turning the whole thread into a mess. Not much use if we do not know who to believe in the end.

post-10336-0-23053400-1392318419_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I only skimmed through that wall of text but based on the feedback listed I would buy from Johnsgirl2. Yes this entire thread seems to have gone wrong, what would seem to be a community service to warn Ebay buyers / sellers has just turned into accusations in some cases without any proof of claims, people defending themselves and arguing back and forth turning the whole thread into a mess. Not much use if we do not know who to believe in the end.

post-29022-0-76028900-1392321272_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I had posted a screenshot with her previous name calling proving her to be the liar she is, (all the crap she spewed above) but Im removing it. I decided that I have other things to do than deal with this person. God knows the truth and thats all that matters. The reason being, the below comment I just saw. I can give all the concrete evidence I need to, and people who arent involved just arent going to care, and are going to look down upon me for giving facts and evidence, so theres no point. In the end, God will sort out the devil's followers from his.

Edited by grownup

I had posted a screenshot with her previous name calling proving her to be the liar she is, (all the crap she spewed above) but Im removing it. I decided that I have other things to do than deal with this person. God knows the truth and thats all that matters. The reason being, the below comment I just saw. I can give all the concrete evidence I need to, and people who arent involved just arent going to care, and are going to look down upon me for giving facts and evidence, so theres no point. In the end, God will sort out the devil's followers from his.

One of you is lying. $2 dollar item? Or whatever. Lets see some actual proof from either of you. You know, screen shots of e-mails between you, anything that proves that you are not a lying P.O.S. That way we know who NOT to buy from or SELL to. So far, just a bunch of words and no proof.