IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

I only skimmed through that wall of text but based on the feedback listed I would buy from Johnsgirl2. Yes this entire thread seems to have gone wrong, what would seem to be a community service to warn Ebay buyers / sellers has just turned into accusations in some cases without any proof of claims, people defending themselves and arguing back and forth turning the whole thread into a mess. Not much use if we do not know who to believe in the end.

All I'm going to say is, if you look through my feedback, the only negative I've received was from her.

Anyone on here go by Timbur55 on EBay?

This A-Hole decided to not honor my winning bid, his reason.. "My dog tore it up and I already dropped it at the recycling center" 2 days after I won. He wanted me to cancel the auction, to f'n bad dick skin and enjoy the neg feedback dropping you to a looserish 66.7%.

Now I feel better..

Edited by Hyperboy

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to warn people about AtariAge member Satoshi Matrix.

I purchased a Commodore 64 from him, which he stated was in working order. Upon arrival, the system was non functional. He was extremely unhelpful regarding the issue and just told me to troubleshoot.

I posted a thread here and the Lemon64 forum to help diagnose the problem. After swapping power supplies, fuses and checking voltages with a multimeter, it's quite clear that one or more chips in the system are faulty. There's nothing more to troubleshoot, other than desoldering chips and replacing them, which is obviously not something that's acceptable.

My request for a refund was greeted with the following response:

I cannot do that I'm afraid. The payment already went towards bills. a refund is not possible. I'm sorry, I wasn't intesipating there would be any issue since I tested the system and everything was fine before shipping.

That isn't to say that I'm unwilling to help though. if you pay the shipping back and fro, I can exchange the system itself with one of two other C64s that I have. No need to send back the box or power supply or such, just the system itself. The other 64s I have came from elementy schools and are not in the protective envroment the one I already sent you was so they're dusty as hell. They're also both currently untested, but I can do so if that's what you want to. but, I did test the one I sent you to begin with, so I don't know what to tell you. The easiest and cheapest thing to do would be to ask over at lemon64 first.

So not only will he not give me a refund, he wants me to pay shipping both ways to receive a system that's in inferior shape.

I would like to warn people about Satoshi Matrix.

I purchased a Commodore 64 from him, which he stated was in working order. Upon arrival, the system was non functional. He was extremely unhelpful regarding the issue and just told me to troubleshoot.

I posted a thread here and the Lemon64 forum to help diagnose the problem. After swapping power supplies, fuses and checking voltages with a multimeter, it's quite clear that one or more chips in the system are faulty. There's nothing more to troubleshoot, other than desoldering chips and replacing them, which is obviously not something that's acceptable.

My request for a refund was greeted with the following response:

So not only will he not give me a refund, he wants me to pay shipping both ways to receive a system that's in inferior shape.

When situations like this arise, just file a paypal dispute. Remember Epay's golden rule. "The buyer always wins". File a dispute and you will get a refund. Works great for the buyer when the seller is in the wrong (like this case), works miserably for the seller when the buyer is fibbing. I have been on both sides of the spectrum (the buyer with an item that was not as described, the seller that sold an item to a shady buyer).

Sounds like you were a legit buyer and he bamboozled you with a "works great" type of auction when it clearly did not. Doesn't matter what he says in regard to not refunding you. File the dispute and you will get the refund.

In the future be careful of ebay sales when it comes to vintage computers. I would suggest just to tough it out and wait for one to surface in the marketplace here. I have seen good C64's come up recently, and you are more likely to get a good working system from a trusted forum member on AA than someone who is trying to flip old dusty untested school equipment on ebay for a buck :)

Edited by eightbit

In the future be careful of ebay sales when it comes to vintage computers. I would suggest just to tough it out and wait for one to surface in the marketplace here. I have seen good C64's come up recently, and you are more likely to get a good working system from a trusted forum member on AA than someone who is trying to flip old dusty untested school equipment on ebay for a buck :)

Sorry, I wasn't clear. My report is against a member of AtariAge, not an eBay seller. I'm updated my post to reflect this.

I did pay with PayPal though, so I'll look at opening a dispute.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. My report is against a member of AtariAge, not an eBay seller. I'm updated my post to reflect this.

I did pay with PayPal though, so I'll look at opening a dispute.

Ohhhh...I did not realize that! Sorry. I hope everything works out for the best. You can still file a paypal dispute. I unfortunately had to do this some time back with someone here <won't get into name calling> that sent me some junk Atari 800's. It can happen anywhere, but usually it is ebay :) Good luck man.

Edited by eightbit

Got my first negative today and still have an open case but thought I'd get you guys opinion on who's right or wrong and what the next steps are.

Buyer: kshizzle01

Item: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3213312082871?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=321331208287&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Basically posted item, got an offer, accepted, boxed item up, shipped it out, done. But, almost immediately after the item is delivered the buyer emails me and tells me there is a smudge under the shrinkwrap and asks if I have another one to exchange. I explain that the item was from my personal collection and I don't have multiples. Immediately he files a dispute with eBay and sends me a tracking number saying he is shipping it back for a refund. Note: the auction rules stated no refunds and I would have tried to work with him but since he already shipped it back I figured I would just eat my shipping cost and let him have a refund.

Flash forward to this evening and the return arrives and instead of reusing the box, bubble wrap, and packing peanuts I had shipped it in he shipped it back in a 6x9 bubble mailer with only a single layer of extra bubble wrap on each side. As a result it now has a 2" crack on the back of the jewel case changing the valuation dramatically.

I have refused to issue the refund and told him to move the dispute to eBay customer service. Policy says that returns need to be in original condition. I have already reported and had blocked him previously as he had the nerve to tell me he was interested in other items I had for sale once the dispute was resolved.

Should I offer him a partial refund (i.e. value of a cracked copy of the game)? Or, should I just wait on eBay and possibly loose the full auction value? I know eBay tends to favor buyers but what chance do I have with seller protection here? Chances that I can get the feedback reversed? I don't do much selling so the one bad feedback knocked me to 95.2%!

Edited by adolescent

As a seller/buyer who's gotten dicked around on that site quite a few times, I'd wait and see what ebay's dispute peeps say. Did you submit a pic to ebay detailing the crack? From my standpoint you did nothing wrong.

As long as you are honest in stating that the game, to your knowledge, was never 'reshrinked'.

You can also write a short reply below the negative feedback the guy left you...

Thanks for the feedback.

I did submit a picture of the crack as well as the poor packaging he used. I also already replied to his feedback which I hope people read instead of just looking at the number. As for the game being resealed I would say definitely not as I bought it new 10 years ago and it has the telltale factory "Y" folds (shown in pic 3).

Will do. At this point I'm just tired of hearing from the buyer. Today he updated the case saying that he spoke to a "post office supervisor" that confirmed bubble mailers are perfectly adequate for shipping CD cases and that the damage couldn't have possibly been from the shipping. :grin:

This would be hilarious if it wasn't so real.

Will do. At this point I'm just tired of hearing from the buyer. Today he updated the case saying that he spoke to a "post office supervisor" that confirmed bubble mailers are perfectly adequate for shipping CD cases and that the damage couldn't have possibly been from the shipping. :grin:

This would be hilarious if it wasn't so real.

Based on the above quote from the post office, I think you may need to post this in a different thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/182855-i-cant-make-this-st-up/page-40

:lolblue:

I had to file a non-paying bidder on ebay user "galaxydood" who has 100% feedback as a buyer. Sold him a Vic-20 cart last Sunday and after sending two invoices and an email asking him about his intentions and getting an email promising to pay, which never came through, I was forced to file the NPB. I'll update here if he does end up coming through or not.

• Like 1

An update on my dealings with AtariAge member SATOSHI MATRIX

I ended up opening a PayPal dispute for the defective C64. He responded, continuing to say how he's unable to provide a refund as he doesn't have money. He agreed that having me pay shipping both ways to get another system was wrong, so he agreed to pay shipping to me if I'd pay for the return shipping. I agreed to this and stupidly closed the PayPal dispute, as I felt bad about giving him a negative PayPal balance should he be telling the truth about his financial situation.

I received the other system yesterday, completely caked with dust, and (surprise, surprise) it didn't work either. Unlike the first system, this one at least outputs video, although it's just a black screen. After troubleshooting it all morning, it appears to be either a bad PLA or VIC chip. Either way, I'm not shelling out even more money to buy replacement chips.

So in the end, I'll be sending him back one of the systems and eating the cost of the purchase. It's completely my fault for closing the PayPal dispute before receiving the replacement. It was a stupid decision and I take the blame for that.

I had to file a non-paying bidder on ebay user "galaxydood" who has 100% feedback as a buyer. Sold him a Vic-20 cart last Sunday and after sending two invoices and an email asking him about his intentions and getting an email promising to pay, which never came through, I was forced to file the NPB. I'll update here if he does end up coming through or not.

that feedback score doesnt mean jack. Ebay wants their sellers to looks good, so they can sell more! It doesnt look good if the complaints were there. Always remember, get the money first, ship second. The only exception is an AA marketplace trade.

Galaxydood did end up paying so my complaint against him is closed. And no, I never ship anything until I get payment. Common sense, even here, although I have with those who I've dealt with in the past.

Glad they paid ... I've had to open a few unpaid items cases in the past but everyone always eventually paid, most with no apology or note as to why they paid late. I've never had one bad AA buying/selling experience, everyone I've dealt with here has been toppers! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Well, eBay found in the buyers favor. Unbelievable. Anyone want a sealed but cracked Capcom vs. SNK for Dreamcast for cheap? I promise to pack it in a box when I ship it.

I am actually looking for this game to wrap up my US DC collection. I can't pay the NIB price it went for in your auction, but I could try to toss you the current average used value if you want. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. :)

• Like 2

An update on my dealings with AtariAge member SATOSHI MATRIX

I ended up opening a PayPal dispute for the defective C64. He responded, continuing to say how he's unable to provide a refund as he doesn't have money. He agreed that having me pay shipping both ways to get another system was wrong, so he agreed to pay shipping to me if I'd pay for the return shipping. I agreed to this and stupidly closed the PayPal dispute, as I felt bad about giving him a negative PayPal balance should he be telling the truth about his financial situation.

I received the other system yesterday, completely caked with dust, and (surprise, surprise) it didn't work either. Unlike the first system, this one at least outputs video, although it's just a black screen. After troubleshooting it all morning, it appears to be either a bad PLA or VIC chip. Either way, I'm not shelling out even more money to buy replacement chips.

So in the end, I'll be sending him back one of the systems and eating the cost of the purchase. It's completely my fault for closing the PayPal dispute before receiving the replacement. It was a stupid decision and I take the blame for that.

If the PayPal case is closed, and you've been sent two dud systems - why send him anything back at all - with the case closed there is no longer any responsibility on your behalf to follow through. Sell the systems for parts, recoup some of your losses, and if you make a profit (which I doubt) PayPal it to him out of goodwill.

• Like 3

If the PayPal case is closed, and you've been sent two dud systems - why send him anything back at all - with the case closed there is no longer any responsibility on your behalf to follow through. Sell the systems for parts, recoup some of your losses, and if you make a profit (which I doubt) PayPal it to him out of goodwill.

I guess it's because I agreed to only keep one system, so I'm at least following through with my side of the agreement. I'll just be happy to be done dealing with him.