IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

I figure its the right thing to do. I'm sorry things didn't work out better. I had tested and confirmed the first system to work before it was sent, and even paid the additional shipping costs out of pocket as the amount you sent wasn't enough to cover the total even before tax. Then when you told me that it didn't work, I referred you to where I beleive you'd get the best support, and then sent you my personal unit again paying out of pocket. Yes it was dusty, but I told you that, and also that I had no way to test it. But then you told me that also doesn't work, but with a different problem. So I suggest you canabalize one for parts to fix the other. I'm not sure abut the second one, but the first was working only a few weeks ago completely normally. the last game I played on it was The Great Giana Sisters using port #2 with a Sega Genesis controller.

German ebay user schwarzwaldhans2 sold me a Bump 'n' Jump cart. Item condition according to his description: "Good". Shipping costs: 3,99 € (shipping in a box). What I got is what you see in the photos. A thin recycled envelope with a cart missing a huge chunk of plastic. The small chunk of plastic was loose in the envelope. I assume the small part broke off during shipping. Shipping like that costs 1,90 € in Germany. So he pinched 2,10 € off me. When I complained about the costs, he had the nerve to tell me "shipping costs 1,90 plus 2,09 for packaging material". Now that's an expensive recycled crappy envelope right there.

The original auction can be seen here. You may notice that he made two nice photos of the front side, but the relevant side (the broken one) isn't photographed. Neither is the damage mentioned anywhere.

I'm not yet sure what to do. Just leave a negative feedback, or open a case to get my 2 Euro shipping cost back? He has been rather unapologetic in our PM conversation so far.

Suggestions?

post-34656-0-50704300-1394553297_thumb.jpg

post-34656-0-57460300-1394553310_thumb.jpg

German ebay user schwarzwaldhans2 sold me a Bump 'n' Jump cart. Item condition according to his description: "Good". Shipping costs: 3,99 € (shipping in a box). What I got is what you see in the photos. A thin recycled envelope with a cart missing a huge chunk of plastic. The small chunk of plastic was loose in the envelope. I assume the small part broke off during shipping. Shipping like that costs 1,90 € in Germany. So he pinched 2,10 € off me. When I complained about the costs, he had the nerve to tell me "shipping costs 1,90 plus 2,09 for packaging material". Now that's an expensive recycled crappy envelope right there.

The original auction can be seen here. You may notice that he made two nice photos of the front side, but the relevant side (the broken one) isn't photographed. Neither is the damage mentioned anywhere.

I'm not yet sure what to do. Just leave a negative feedback, or open a case to get my 2 Euro shipping cost back? He has been rather unapologetic in our PM conversation so far.

Suggestions?

Broken??? It looks like a whole chunk is missing entirely!!! Were all the pieces there? If so, it could have been broken in shipping...but I doubt it. If he didn't offer me a full refund (including shipping), I would open a case w/ eBay and neg his account!!!

• Like 4

Broken??? It looks like a whole chunk is missing entirely!!! Were all the pieces there? If so, it could have been broken in shipping...but I doubt it. If he didn't offer me a full refund (including shipping), I would open a case w/ eBay and neg his account!!!

The big chunk in the middle is missing. What you see on the photo is all that was in the envelope. So it's pretty clear he shipped it like that and knew it.

I'll wait for one last answer to a pm I sent earlier today. Will most likely open a case after that. I don't expect him to show any remorse.

(edit): in his last answer so far he kinda attacked me. Told me I should be happy to have gotten a functional game for a Euro. Technically he's right. The game works. Still it's like trying to sell a car that's missing the right front wing. Of course you can drive with it, but is it intact? Nope. And the photo shows only the left side of the car.

(edit2): I guess he's pissed off that the game went for just one Euro. To which I can just say "Sad day for you". That's ebay. Happened to me as well whe I sold stuff.

Edited by karokoenig

The big chunk in the middle is missing. What you see on the photo is all that was in the envelope. So it's pretty clear he shipped it like that and knew it.

I'll wait for one last answer to a pm I sent earlier today. Will most likely open a case after that. I don't expect him to show any remorse.

(edit): in his last answer so far he kinda attacked me. Told me I should be happy to have gotten a functional game for a Euro. Technically he's right. The game works. Still it's like trying to sell a car that's missing the right front wing. Of course you can drive with it, but is it intact? Nope. And the photo shows only the left side of the car.

(edit2): I guess he's pissed off that the game went for just one Euro. To which I can just say "Sad day for you". That's ebay. Happened to me as well whe I sold stuff.

Sorry, right front wing? Is that some German slang for a part of the car? :?

And I totally agree. If the guy had been nicer in PM's I would have just kept the game and left a netrual. Since he's being a total a-hole, neg him and open a case with EBay.

Sorry, right front wing? Is that some German slang for a part of the car? :?

And I totally agree. If the guy had been nicer in PM's I would have just kept the game and left a netrual. Since he's being a total a-hole, neg him and open a case with EBay.

Funny story... My (up till now) preferred online dictionary put out "front wing" as American English for the part I wanted to describe. Mud guard or fender maybe?

He didn't react to my last e-mail, so I just opened a case about this problem. Stragely, I wasn't allowed to attach photos. But we'll see how he reacts and if I have to take additional steps to handle this. I trust that ebay will ask me for photos in due time? I didn't leave a negative feedback yet. Should I do it now or wait?

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if this would be considered too soon, but I am having a problem with busterm. I bought Jaguar games from him on April 22 and paid immediately. He was supposed to send them priority, but here we are on May 4 with no games and he has not even logged on to the site since April 26, let alone respond to my message. I am really getting frustrated here.

I'm not sure if this would be considered too soon, but I am having a problem with busterm. I bought Jaguar games from him on April 22 and paid immediately. He was supposed to send them priority, but here we are on May 4 with no games and he has not even logged on to the site since April 26, let alone respond to my message. I am really getting frustrated here.

Same with me. Communication was great up until a point. I paid on Apr. 17th, said he'd get them out 2 days later (Saturday), but obviously not. He's a known good member here, so hope nothing is truly wrong with him. Hasn't looked at any of my messages since the 17th though, so... hmmm...

-update-

Ended up having to file a claim with PayPal in order to get my money back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Beware of David Spaulding. He's the Coleco mini-arcade decal guy that maintained this site:

http://www.geocities.ws/colecorestoration/ and his PayPal e-mail address is dws4144evr@comcast.net as well as dws4144evr@aol.com

Paid for a sticker set back in Feb. of this year and received nothing. Zero communication afterwards.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You've had one bad transaction of quite a few good ones. I'm not patronizing you. But this is a bad trader/transaction topic and I had a bad transaction with you so I posted it. I really wish you had been a more honest dealer toward me, but in this case, you weren't. End of story.

Not really any of my business but has it occurred to you guys that the damage may have taken place in transit via the postal service, you can claim insurance and get your cash back that way, if that is the case, I've had this happen to me and Mailing Service used paid up for the damage.

Not really any of my business but has it occurred to you guys that the damage may have taken place in transit via the postal service, you can claim insurance and get your cash back that way, if that is the case, I've had this happen to me and Mailing Service used paid up for the damage.

Dude…that post is from 8 years ago! :lolblue:

• Like 1

Dude…that post is from 8 years ago! :lolblue:

lol.... ring em up and file a claim :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I don't want to name any name yet, though I just need advice and this seems like the most appropriate place. I've sent a payment through PayPal in October to a member here for a game, and since I didn't receive the game in December I wrote back to ask for an update. I've been told that the package was return and that it will be sent again but in January. I asked for a refund until that person was able to post it but was never replied. Then I've wrote twice in the last two weeks and still complete silence, and still no game (the last connection on the profile is from the day I received that last communication). And of course it's way to late to open a PayPal claim. I'm not sure what step to take next other then continue writing PMs weekly in the hope that I'll get an answer someday which may never come... Anybody would have advice on how to proceed from here to try and contact that user so I can at the very least have an update? I'm sure there's a legit reason for the lack of response but you will probably understand that I'm quite worried...

Update: As suggested, I'll add more specific information:

The user is Kefka15 (http://atariage.com/forums/user/31127-kefka15/)

I bought him a game through this thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/230999-fs-metroid-prime-trilogy-wii-kid-icarus-nes-cib-and-faselei-ngpc/?do=findComment&comment=3100981

I will gladly remove this post as soon as I receive either the game, or a refund.

Edited by Arhkaos

He has your money, you have no product, only excuses and silence. Unless he is in jail or something...

It seems to me, that you've been screwed, no matter what his 'excuses' turn out to be.

I'd post his name, along with your side of the story. That way if anyone wants to make a purchase from him/her in the future they can be forewarned. (assuming they ever read this little corner of the Internet).

If in the future he makes right on the transaction, you can always amend the negative review. We all have to look out for one another.

• Like 1

He has your money, you have no product, only excuses and silence. Unless he is in jail or something...

It seems to me, that you've been screwed, no matter what his 'excuses' turn out to be.

I'd post his name, along with your side of the story. That way if anyone wants to make a purchase from him/her in the future they can be forewarned. (assuming they ever read this little corner of the Internet).

If in the future he makes right on the transaction, you can always amend the negative review. We all have to look out for one another.

Exactly

Edited by atari181

All right, I'll add the information to my first post then. Do you think I should try to contact an admin so they can send an e-mail directly since I don't have access to that information?

And yes I was thinking that maybe something drastic of the kind might have happened that could explain everything. In the last message I received I was explicitly told: "I've never scammed anybody in the past, I don't intend to ever haha.", so that's why I'm leaning towards that theory.