IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

I've never scammed anybody in the past, I don't intend to ever

I have never in my life told anyone that, i shouldn't have to even if I screwed up.

cause people are understanding if I forgot or got delayed or whatever, I dont get a message saying "hey wheres my thing" and responded like that, its more along the lines of ..."oh shit,my bad"

send a question and get a defensive response? shady

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

All right, I'll add the information to my first post then. Do you think I should try to contact an admin so they can send an e-mail directly since I don't have access to that information?

And yes I was thinking that maybe something drastic of the kind might have happened that could explain everything. In the last message I received I was explicitly told: "I've never scammed anybody in the past, I don't intend to ever haha.", so that's why I'm leaning towards that theory.

In the meantime, if anyone happens to pass through Lexington, Kentucky... be sure to tell ol' 'Skooks Fleming' that he hasn't yet completed his end of an overdue transaction from the AtariAge marketplace.

Now come on, does this look like the kind of guy who would rip someone off? :grin:

post-7835-0-09517100-1422201757_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you got a random bad apple. Don't let it dissuade you from conducting business here. You could PM Albert, our admin, but he may decline to intervene as I would imagine that he doesn't wish to get sucked into a lot of different disputes. As far as I know AA does ban notorious scammers so we'll see. Perhaps you could contact whoever the moderator is for Marketplace forums, I forget who it is at the moment.

• Like 1

Well he didn't connect at all since his last message in December, so a ban wouldn't help solve the problem since he wouldn't be able to contact me even if he came back to the forum... What is surprising too is that he has 283 posts so he wasn't an inactive member so I would have expected him to log again since then. I tried sending him an e-mail (I got it through PayPal) but no answers on that side either (but no "delivery fail notification" either, which is reassuring). I guess for now all I can do is wait and see! He ought to connect again eventually, even if it's in a few months...

Never buy anything from this jerkface:

http://www.collectorscardsandgames.com/

His prices are good but he took four months to get my 7800 order out and pulled a bait and switch on a number of items that he supposedly had in stock for pricier ones

I also put in a LYNX order SIX months ago and he never filled it and won't respond to emails or calls now. When he was responding to emails early on he claimed to be "really busy" Well then don't run a store if you can't fill orders in 6 months asshat!

I have actually bought some stuff his ebay store before and he ships that really fast, but i'm not going to give him my business anymore. Maybe one more Jag cable so I can give him some negative feedback lol....

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Bought a 800XL from a joker called egogreenbargains on ebay.co.uk, resides in Musselbrough, Scotland - after a long fuck on and an excuse for not receiving it I received it in nothing more than a carrier bag with a couple of bands of parcel tape around it, needles to say it arrived damaged. On further investigation he's had several iterations of this ebay username probably due to bannings so don't touch this fucker with a barge pole.

• 1 month later...

Has he ripped off anyone? Promised something but sent something different? Or took money and never shipped? Or buyer who filed PP claim, switched item and sent something different back?

Wanting money is not really bad trader. And this thread isn't really for greedy trader alert.

• Like 1

Has he ripped off anyone? Promised something but sent something different? Or took money and never shipped? Or buyer who filed PP claim, switched item and sent something different back?

Wanting money is not really bad trader. And this thread isn't really for greedy trader alert.

Well that really depends on how you look at things, if someone dicks me around for a week and then tells me he won't sell to me, I would consider that a bad trade. It does not have to be a crime, simply just annoying the hell out of a bunch of users, with bizarre overnight shipping requests etc., could be considered a bad experience to a lot of people. Just an outside opinion, as I would not even bother with a PM, with this person.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's something I've never encountered on eBay in many, many years there, but that all changed today thanks to eBay Seller: moose16981?ff3=10&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER], one who has a feedback score approaching 3000, I might add.

I won a small collection of games at auction and paid on the same day. Within eight hours moose1698 refunded the payment without explanation. After inquiry as to why, he explained it was in error as he had meant to refund another payment from another buyer for the same collection, one who had gone past ten days' time in making payment. OK, whatever. moose1698 issues a new invoice for repayment.

After waking to discover the new invoice and going to pay, it appears moose1698 manually added a fee to the invoice that doubled the total transaction price. This is pointed out, and later in the day moose1698 sends a 'corrected' invoice that includes exactly the same double-charge. Again, this is pointed out to him. Another day passes before moose1698 states that he is unable to revise the invoice and requests that I simply send payment to a supplied PayPal account (an email address eBay failed to filter in its message handling), but to please do so as though I were friend/family so that he does not have to pay PayPal fees.

I point out the violation of eBay policy to him, explain that it would leave me uncovered regardless, and to please contact eBay to help him sort out the invoice should he still find himself incapable of revising it to remove the surcharge. Two hours later the transaction as a whole is canceled by moose1698. When asked why, he immediately responds with instructions to pay the inflated invoice and receive a refund back from him, something he claimed to have done before with other buyers in the past. Follow-on messages appear with moose1698 expressing dismay at my lack of trust and reiterating in closing that he treated me as he hopes others will treat him on eBay.

Altogether highly questionable by my reckoning, and eBay Seller: moose16981?ff3=10&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] has gone straight into the bin as someone unworthy of future attention. Is it just me, or is three days' effort to attempt avoidance of PayPal's small cut of a sub-$50 transaction more than too much effort?

Eef, that's low. I hope you reported him, mumbai.

I simply find it interesting the lengths some go to in order to cut corners.

I've since been informed by the seller that he is indeed relisting the items in the near future, with encouragement to bid again on them. Puzzling.

Is it just me, or is three days' effort to attempt avoidance of PayPal's small cut of a sub-$50 transaction more than too much effort?

Nope it's not you, that's completely unreasonable. I know he's just being dishonest, but he makes it seem like he is just not sure what he's doing, and buying and selling on eBay is quite a simple process. Maybe if the guy has some sort of severe mental disability it might be forgivable, otherwise he would be a seller to steer clear of.

Did you know? Since you paid right away, you can't be hit with unpaid item complaint, and you are free to leave a neg "Seller tried to pad "fees" and doubled the original amount" and the seller can't do anything to remove it (unless you used foul word, posted private info, or mentioned eBay or Paypal investigating) As a nice bonus, he can't get his FVF refunded unless you agree to it. Do not agree to FVF refund, decline it right away. Depending on how the auction went, he could be looking at a big bill of about 10% of total amount.

If the messages were sent through eBay message system, be sure to call eBay and have them take a look at the messages. That will put the seller in a major world of ouch. Best case, he loses selling privilege should eBay look into other messages he sent and finds pattern of refunding, then sending invoice with jacked up amount.

• Like 2

Did you know? Since you paid right away, you can't be hit with unpaid item complaint, and you are free to leave a neg "Seller tried to pad "fees" and doubled the original amount" and the seller can't do anything to remove it (unless you used foul word, posted private info, or mentioned eBay or Paypal investigating) As a nice bonus, he can't get his FVF refunded unless you agree to it. Do not agree to FVF refund, decline it right away. Depending on how the auction went, he could be looking at a big bill of about 10% of total amount.

If the messages were sent through eBay message system, be sure to call eBay and have them take a look at the messages. That will put the seller in a major world of ouch. Best case, he loses selling privilege should eBay look into other messages he sent and finds pattern of refunding, then sending invoice with jacked up amount.

Wow! that could serve me in the future. I never could have thought about it.

I'm glad to learn from people that already had gone through these experiences ;)

Most of the experience were not mine, I troll on eBay forums and I do find good gem or 2 there. I did have to call eBay a couple months ago when, while I was sleeping, a seller accepted my best offer then sent invoice with shipping amount raised so the final amount matched the original listing price. eBay was unhappy and blocked UID so I didn't have to pay for seller's greed. The seller hasn't sold anything since then, probably still owes eBay that fee.

• 3 weeks later...

What about bad shippers? I'm guessing this has come up before. Recently I received a boxed Intellivision cartridge (CIB) in a plain paper envelope. The envelope had been horribly smashed and was open. The Intellivision overlays were no longer in the package. I even always ask that the seller take care packing and shipping the item to make sure it is not damaged during shipping. Is this lack of care for collectibles worthy of mentioning here? Or is this "shipping ignorance" not seen as an actual ripoff? Is there a "stupid shipper" forum? :) I've had quite a few of these incidents lately. I can't stand seeing these collectible items destroyed in this way.

It is true that I've been getting my money back, working an acceptable deal, etc. for the most part. But what a waste of time and effort.

• Like 2

What about bad shippers? I'm guessing this has come up before. Recently I received a boxed Intellivision cartridge (CIB) in a plain paper envelope. The envelope had been horribly smashed and was open. The Intellivision overlays were no longer in the package. I even always ask that the seller take care packing and shipping the item to make sure it is not damaged during shipping. Is this lack of care for collectibles worthy of mentioning here? Or is this "shipping ignorance" not seen as an actual ripoff? Is there a "stupid shipper" forum? :) I've had quite a few of these incidents lately. I can't stand seeing these collectible items destroyed in this way.

It is true that I've been getting my money back, working an acceptable deal, etc. for the most part. But what a waste of time and effort.

If someone here was so clueless as to ship a CIB game in a paper (or padded) envelope, then I think it's worth mentioning. As for ignorant and careless ePay sellers, not enough room in this forum to list them all. ;)

• Like 1

If someone here was so clueless as to ship a CIB game in a paper (or padded) envelope, then I think it's worth mentioning. As for ignorant and careless ePay sellers, not enough room in this forum to list them all. ;)

Makes sense. And I got another smashed cart in the mail today from an Amazon seller that thinks a paper envelope can protect something from having other heavy boxes piled on top of it during shipping. Simply awesome. You'd think they wouldn't like dolling out refunds, etc. But I won't keep a "new in box" cart that was mashed during shipping.